MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What new booty did you buy?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272  Next [all]
Author What new booty did you buy?
DCDanno
Used Frequency Central Device. That filter!
Daisy

Looking at October next year at the earliest, but she'll be a beauty we're not worthy

And the funny thing is I've taken the most use and fun out of my tiny MC-101 over the last few weeks hihi
Modulus
Serious? Wow, please make some videos once the helicopter drops this thing off!
Daisy
I'll stick then up om my youtube channel:

I'm a bit reluctant to post too much here as I've took bit of flak seriously, i just don't get it
catchin
nerdaudio's instagram had me opening my wallet for the 0-coast. WORTH IT!
nectarios
Daisy wrote:

Looking at October next year at the earliest, but she'll be a beauty we're not worthy

And the funny thing is I've taken the most use and fun out of my tiny MC-101 over the last few weeks hihi

Very possible that this will be a good investment in the future too.
*Drool*
pmboos
Modulus wrote:

No kidding! I'd love to see that in use!
pmboos
catchin wrote:
nerdaudio's instagram had me opening my wallet for the 0-coast. WORTH IT!

0-Coast is great; I went back and forth about it and the Pittsburgh Modular Microvolt 3900. I got the 3900 first. Great synth - love it; I really love the sounds I can make with it. Then I picked up a 0-Coast later when someone was selling one for cheap. I equally love it. It's like your kids - each are unique, but you love them both... (well I have only one kid, but have to presume that is true).

They are both great and different enough in how they approach things they make perfect complements. I think the common thing about them is that they both have MIDI-only features I wish weren't MIDI-only (which I feel odd saying that since most of what I own is MIDI-centric). I'm building up a part of my studio focused on being CV/Gate-centric and this is a part of that I would have loved to have had the features available without MIDI. This is a minor quibble though as both synths are just fantastic and the features enabled through MIDI are cool.

Equally cool behind both are the interfaces. I'd say the 0-Coast is a little less intuitive (to me at least, but probably because of being more familiar with East Coast synthesis). That said, it is not difficult and it really makes some great sounds. It's more intuitive than my Quadrantid Swarm, which is also a lovely instrument, just takes a bit more to wrap your/my brain around.

Anyway, just felt like raving a bit about your choice since the Analogue Solutions guy here is going to get all the attention...

Back to your regularly scheduled program....
Howling Terror

to go with

and always wanted one of these
Divinital
Howling Terror wrote:

to go with

and always wanted one of these

Nice stuff there! I approve of all of it! There's a Space Echo at a local pawn shop in decent condition, runs a bit on the high end of the market price though.
gminorcoles
Xv-5080, motif rack es
Howling Terror
Divinital wrote:

Nice stuff there! I approve of all of it! There's a Space Echo at a local pawn shop in decent condition, runs a bit on the high end of the market price though.

Band I was briefly in had a 301 back in the 80s. Saw and bought one from ebay a month or so ago. Flipping thing didn't work properly despite the seller claiming it did. To say I was disappointed is an understatement.

Found a local company who refurb vintage gear, couldn't afford the 301 but could stretch to the 201 and not only is it fully serviced but it comes with warranty.
I have learned my lesson.
pmboos
Howling Terror wrote:
Divinital wrote:

Band I was briefly in had a 301 back in the 80s. Saw and bought one from ebay a month or so ago. Flipping thing didn't work properly despite the seller claiming it did. To say I was disappointed is an understatement.

Found a local company who refurb vintage gear, couldn't afford the 301 but could stretch to the 201 and not only is it fully serviced but it comes with warranty.
I have learned my lesson.

No wonder it looks like new! I bet it sounds great as well....
commodorejohn
Picked up a TC Electronics June-60 chorus pedal - only tested it with a guitar so far, but I think I'm gonna rig it up with my SH-09 and RS-09 to make some kind of kooky paraphonic quasi-Juno lol
chaocrator
did not buy yet, but got to know that my MC-707 arrived today.
on Aleister Crowley birthday.
i treat this as very good sign )
MindMachine
Nice score.

Minimoog and Roland RS-09 relevance (Crowley):

commodorejohn
Heh, nice grin
MindMachine
red
new toy !

... with BIG SOUND

cool
iSapien1956672
Nice!
we're not worthy
solipsvs
digitone keys
chaocrator
chaocrator wrote:
did not buy yet, but got to know that my MC-707 arrived today.
on Aleister Crowley birthday.
i treat this as very good sign )

purchased on Nietzsche's birthday Guinness ftw!
but actually it's is my 44th anniversary gift to myself.

pmboos
@red I'd love to hear of your experiences with it
pmboos
pmboos wrote:
Modulus wrote:

No kidding! I'd love to see that in use!

Seeing a vid on it, is that a sequencer in the upper right? Seems to be based on the MegaCity?
pmboos
AND....

Plankton Electronics Spice Arrived.

I can tell that for an effects unit this is going to have tons of options. First order of business, getting it on my Hydronium.

Which begs a question, if you were teaming it up on a bassline and planned to also use a flanger, what choice would you make - distortion/filtering before or after the flanger?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 267, 268, 269, 270, 271, 272  Next [all]
Page 268 of 272