MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

AM8047 UAF
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths  
Author AM8047 UAF
emuarc
Hi,
The AM8047 Universal Active Filter, which is a close replica of the ARP 1047 filter from the legendary ARP2500, has now successfully completed prototype trials and sounds fantastic. The module will move into production with an anticipated release date of 31 October 2011.

The 8047 is a state variable filter based on transconductance amplifiers built out of transistor arrays and fast Op Amps. There are slide pots to control 2x signal inputs, 2x CV's for FM, and 1x CV for Q control. Rotary pots for Frequency Coarse and Fine, Resonance and Notch Frequency. A slide switch to select Normal Q Response (loud and speaker spreading) or Limited (software and more controlled resonance). A LED monitors overall output level.

I will put a link up to some Sound Cloud samples over the weekend.
moogah
love

Love to see all these ARP designs coming back to life!!
brickman
O baby ! Cant wait for this one It's peanut butter jelly time!
Jason Brock
emuarc wrote:
I will put a link up to some Sound Cloud samples over the weekend.

Can't wait to hear this one!
The_Crooked_Man
How many hp is it going to be? Sounds like it would have to be pretty large to fit those sliders.
flashheart
21HP according to the specs, http://www.amsynths.co.uk/Products/AM8047/am8047.html
But... only 25mm deep - skiff friendly hihi

BTW can you explain a bit more about it, there seems to have a separate Notch frequency control?
dan_k
That is awesome, thanks for the update Rob!

Really looking forward to this. w00t
Brownian Lotion
Count me in for one.

My bank account hates me right now. Dead Banana
eXode
One has my name on it! (well not really but you know what I mean). I can't wait!!! smile
Man-Machine
Count me in!
eXode
I'm not sure but I think the notch frequency works relative to the 'master' frequency so that you can offset the notch frequency in relation to the main freq.

Arturia tried to bring the 2500 filter into their 2600 emulation, that is why it has that multimode filter as well as a notch slider. I'm not saying that they succeded in the actual emulation just that they tried and maybe the behaviour of the notch on the emulation is similar to the real deal.

flashheart wrote:
21HP according to the specs, http://www.amsynths.co.uk/Products/AM8047/am8047.html
But... only 25mm deep - skiff friendly hihi

BTW can you explain a bit more about it, there seems to have a separate Notch frequency control?
nickster
Hi Rob
Could you post some demos of the AM8047 up on Sound cloud. Really interested to hear how this puppy plays. w00t
jazz411
21hp is way too big. Oh well I guess this is going to be the biggest module I have.
Morley
It was my favorite module on my 2500 system
Might grab this for old times sake!
eXode
Rob, any news/status update?
emuarc
The AM8047 is at prototype stage with some more work to be done on the high pass mode before its launched. Reaslistically it is going to be summer 2012 before we get this into production. It does sound very good, so this is a module we want to complete.
negativspace
w00t

I'm still really looking forward to this one.
Votek_Mendo
my most anticipated filter screaming goo yo
RobJB06
Looking forward to this one... will need a new case soon hmmm.....
RobJB06
Sonically is this like an Oberheim SVF?
eXode
emuarc wrote:
The AM8047 is at prototype stage with some more work to be done on the high pass mode before its launched. Reaslistically it is going to be summer 2012 before we get this into production. It does sound very good, so this is a module we want to complete.

And then (i.e. any updates)? smile
clusterchord
when, oh when? Eric Cartman

and is this going to be built with hand matched transistors like the original EMU and ARP.. or its gonna use transistor arrays (like CA series etc) ?

in other words, in what ways its going to be the same and where does it stray from the original as far as parts used?

thanks

regards
Tom
Isolde and Isobelle
Just bumping this in case of any news, besides what was stated in the September 2013 update.
Isolde and Isobelle
Isolde and Isobelle wrote:
Just bumping this in case of any news, besides what was stated in the September 2013 update.

Er! Guess not. hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths  
Page 1 of 1