MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is anyone interested in seeing the Malekko/Wiard filters?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Is anyone interested in seeing the Malekko/Wiard filters?
Malekko
These are the prototypes, of the Malekko/Wiard Filters. The production models will have the frequency pot moved up 3mm.
With a cable plugged in my fingers just barely touch the cable (i have large fingers) so i want to move it to where someone with large fingers wont brush up against the cable...
jonkull
Very nice. Need a beta tester? hihi
johnchantler
i have really fat fingers. if you want to send me the prototypes, i'll happily check if the cables get in my way for you!

razz
Malekko
trust me, my sausage thumb will be plenty!

hihi
johnchantler
really excited by these.

is the halftone pattern on the images something you've gone for or due to how you've done the prototype?
Malekko
johnchantler wrote:
really excited by these.

is the halftone pattern on the images something you've gone for or due to how you've done the prototype?

It's how the final design will be, all our Euro modules have designs in greyscale, i think it looks cool
sandyb
screaming goo yo very nice screaming goo yo
dubchild
They look pretty darn cool!
When do I get mine?? Trampoline
swordsect
Nice -- looks awesome!

Is the text going to be grey scale as well? might look better vectors to get
rid of the pixels, and will "LP" and "Resonance" overlap the pattern designs on the sides? Just wonderin, don't scold me for asking! 8_)
Funky40
Quote:
Is anyone interested in seeing the Malekko/Wiard filters?

No please not help help help
Malekko
swordsect wrote:
Nice -- looks awesome!

Is the text going to be grey scale as well? might look better vectors to get
rid of the pixels, and will "LP" and "Resonance" overlap the pattern designs on the sides? Just wonderin, don't scold me for asking! 8_)

]
yeah, on my change notes i'm going to move the LP in a little (also the HP so it's balanced), and i think i'll change Resonance to Resonate, it's one less letter so it'll fit.
Malekko
dubchild wrote:
They look pretty darn cool!
When do I get mine?? Trampoline

Soon my friend...you got to clear a space for them first!!!
w00t
dubchild
Yeah, I already know which modules I will be moving out to make space for these modules, my "Ponzi Scheme 2" modules. Dinner at the Y
BananaPlug
Is there a write up on exactly what the ins and outs and controls do? This version looks different from both the 1200 and 300 versions.
Malekko
BananaPlug wrote:
Is there a write up on exactly what the ins and outs and controls do? This version looks different from both the 1200 and 300 versions.

It's the same as the 1200, the addition to the borg is a 2nd audio in
Reptil
put me down for two Borg please

Sent PM
BananaPlug
Basic Borg questions:
Do In1 and In2 simply mix or do they do different things?
Are Out1 and Out2 mults of the same thing or are they different?
I assume "control" is for frequency. Can we get anything like 1v/O response out of it?

Is there a manual for the 1200 online somewhere. I couldn't find one.
astroschnautzer
Very nice, something exciting in eurofilter land for a longtime! Are you planning on sending a batch to schneiders too for us european customers?
Malekko
So i added them to my system yesterday and patched them up...i was wrong, the clearance from the freq pot to the in jacks have plenty of room, my big fat thumb does not even brush against the cable. And i compared it to some other filters clearance and it has a larger gap than most.

So i think i'm going to keep the distance the same, but just correct the "LP" and "resonate" that overlapped onto the celtic design
Veqtor
Could you explain to me what makes the borg and the boogie unique?
I can't really find any information on the boogie filter for example...
Malekko
if you're on the wiard yahoo group, there are a bunch of clips and info
SoundPool
I like the knob choice. im not huge on the doepfer knobs, but they are fine by me. but I really dislike the feel of the rubber-ish harvestman and MFB knobs.
Norman_Phay
Why not put "peaking", like on the Borg, instead of "resonate"? Commonality of purpose and all that. Or maybe "Q".
Malekko
Norman_Phay wrote:
Why not put "peaking", like on the Borg, instead of "resonate"? Commonality of purpose and all that. Or maybe "Q".

I want to keep these as close to the original as possible...and as Grant explains it the Borgs "peaking" isnt really resonance (although it sounds like it)
While the boogie is.
My goal here is to give the Euro rack community a true example of a Wiard module. both in overall look (i know they arent exactly the same...but close)
and functionality, these arent Malekko's take on a Wiard module, they are an exact part for part wiard module based off the schematic Grant gave to us. The only change Grant would allow is the 2nd IN, on i think the Borg filter.
Norman_Phay
Yeah the original frac Borg 2 had a single audio in. The extra one is a good addition, extra mixing stages are always good.

Thx for explanation w/r/t the "peaking" vs "resonance" thing.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3