MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

stg graphic sequencer not advancing
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Author stg graphic sequencer not advancing
J1m
Had this unit going well, and let me say, it's the best. Had to unplug it though and now it's back on it won't advance through the stages. First slider lights up but that's it. I've tried gate from wogglebug, noisering and oberkorn, but no luck.

I read on another thread that this happens when the board fries so I'm feeling some degree of terror. BUT it's a brand new unit and power polarity is definately correct as it only fits in one way. Using Uzeus for power. Only thing I've done differently is swap a 12 1.5ma psu (which came with it) for a 15 2ma psu provided by tiptop.

Now it may be I'm doing something dopey, so apologies in advance but if anyone has thoughts they'd be well appreciated.
J1m
So no thoughts? STG? Bueller? Anyone? I'll email the retailer I guess...
infradead
knobs not on 1 is it?

i know i did this once and was stumped... d'oh!
polyroy
Email STG, from what I've heard he's responsive and a good bloke to deal with. Sorry to hear about your woes.
polyroy
infradead wrote:
knobs not on 1 is it?

i know i did this once and was stumped... d'oh!

Haha shit, I know for a fact that I'd end up doing something like that if I owned one.
theparegorickid
Stg is an awesome guy. I'm afraid you are going to have to buy a new pcb from him. He is a busy guy but will eventually get back to you.
J1m
Thanks folks. It aint on one, but I still can't shake the thought I must be doing something wack. Have an email for stg so will email directly. Seems like a fine gent.
suitandtieguy
shit. i can't believe i didn't notice this thread until today.

my responsiveness sometimes wavers. i'm sorry.
J1m
No dramas! With any luck you are busy working on an asr hihi

What can I do about the sequencer? Maybe send me a pm or email?
suitandtieguy
i did actually get the panels in for the ASR last week, so it's closer.

i think i got your email, sent from your Atari 2600? i typed a response but haven't sent it yet.
vav
Hey what happened to Nelson's troll post?
giorgio
vav wrote:
Hey what happened to Nelson's troll post?

check muffwiggler.com i think he posted there
srsonido
J1m wrote:
Had this unit going well... Had to unplug it though and now it's back on it won't advance through the stages. First slider lights up but that's it...

Hi Jim,

Just a thought regarding STG GS, since you said it was a new unit.

Stop me if you've heard this one, but the STG GS has an offset on the step input that can cause problems with some triggering. It is a known design issue and I have discussed it with STG personally. In short, the STG GS sometimes doesn't play well with others. What happens specifically is that depending on the trigger source (ie, Trigger Riot/ MATHS/ etc.) the step input on the STG GS may float up by a couple volts - high enough that it essentially holds the input high and the clock can't drive the STG GS step input below the "off" threshold to trigger the step.

The fix is for STG to change the circuit design so that it will work with all clocks / triggers, but he has not offered to do that except as a $100 retro fit. In lieu of that, the workaround is to add a buffer between the driving trigger source and the step input on the STG GS. I find that running the trigger through a buffered mult usually does the trick because most are designed to correctly drive the next stage.

It's worth a shot befopre you scrap the board. Good luck.

I'm interested to hear the outcome of your issue too. Please post the results or PM me if you prefer.

Cheers,
J1m
Hey Srsonido,

Thanks for that. This was years ago! I think what had happened was a surge elsewhere damaged the unit through the 5v rail. Apparently this issue can't happen with the new board. I've now had that installed and everything runs beautifully.

Thanks for the great post, though: it will undoubtedly help other with a similar issue.

Cheers,
srsonido
J1m wrote:
Hey Srsonido,

Thanks for that. This was years ago! I think what had happened was a surge elsewhere damaged the unit through the 5v rail. Apparently this issue can't happen with the new board. I've now had that installed and everything runs beautifully.

Thanks for the great post, though: it will undoubtedly help other with a similar issue.

Cheers,

Ha! I saw the Sept, 30 and missed the 2011! Long day...

But yeah, if it adds to the knowledge base so much the better.

Glad you're straightened out.

Cheers.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs  
Page 1 of 1