MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dedicated Hardware - Performance Boost!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read! Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Dedicated Hardware - Performance Boost!
Muff Wiggler
Great news - I've just completed moving all our databases over to a dedicated server, with hardware that has been heavily optimized for running mySQL only. (we've used a shared server in the past)

Immediately I'm noticing a performance increase.

In the next few hours I'll be moving the web code onto dedicated hardware as well, switching the webserver from Apache to lighttpd, and enabling php XCache, mod_php and mod_fcgid (FastCGI for PHP)

This should bring us even greater performance.

I know we haven't had server overload errors or any other issues, however I have noticed some lag when a lot of users are on the forum. This is pretty much gone now with the dedicated mySQL hardware, and the move to dedicated web hardware, a lightweight web server, and php enhancements and caching will make an even bigger difference.

I hope you all enjoy. This is costing me some money and a fair bit of sweat as well!
Muff Wiggler
ROCK! SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo SlayerBadger!

i'm noticing a huge difference

dunno about you guys

I know some people are experiencing 404 errors - DNS has changed and must repropigate. Don't panic!
sandyb
yup - definitely faster than before screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
eyehue
Thanks, Muff!
johnnymad
Muff Wiggler wrote:
I know some people are experiencing 404 errors - DNS has changed and must repropigate. Don't panic!

i got a few of those a couple hours ago. i was scared! sad i'm glad it was just a temporary thing. thanks for making this forum even better.
JohnLRice
What paypal address do we use for donations? w00t love we're not worthy 8_)
Muff Wiggler
you are very sweet and I appreciate it! but please no donations

could you imagine the ugliness when we get crap like that Plan B thread

Perhaps a member who donated doesn't like it and that complicates matters

or perhaps Peter G decrees that all sponsoring members will have their for-repair modules held ransom for supporting my nasty site

etc

it's a great idea and I *really* appreciate it, but it's a can of worms I don't want to open!

cheers
Kent
Rock on, Muff! Next time, the beer is on me!

Dankeschön!
cebec
Wow, it's much faster! Thanks for taking care of us, Muff! Chugging Beers
zerosum
Cool Man 8_) Thanks w00t
panda30y
Cheers! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!
I appreciate all the work and money you put into this forum. It truly is a priceless resource for modular synths and a great forum in general. Thanks again Muff!
hogberto
i like muff hihi
b3nsf
oh YEAH!!! we got the muffs wiggling much faster now!!!! eek!
shamann
Indeed, that was an impressive performance boost.

razz
Muff Wiggler
shamann wrote:
Indeed, that was an impressive performance boost.

razz

lol

seriously, brutal

but now that we're back, dig the rockin' performance!!!

my most sincere apologies for the delay, was a really stupid thing that I couldn't control, but not it's back and all is cool

thanks everyone, and please DO enjoy the new faster hardware

cheers
zthee
Yay! We're back!
MrDys
My life has purpose again.
Robba
That was truly a looooong weekend...!

Nice to be back!

Oops wrong thread... meh
GeneralBigBag
So that wasn't a hostile takeover grin
parasitk
Damn I'm wasting time FASTER THAN EVER! SlayerBadger!
Montag
Back, but faster than ever... Awesome! screaming goo yo
Montag
parasitk wrote:
Damn I'm wasting time FASTER THAN EVER! SlayerBadger!

jinx, dude!
Dego
I have missed having something serious to do at work hyper
Me like speed hyper
tragedybysyntax
YAY!!! MY HOME IS BACK!!! twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted
smitty
Tell us the truth, it was a Copyright Lawyer that shut down the site! lol
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Announcements - Please read! Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2