MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I Dream Of Wires: The Modular Synthesizer Documentary
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author I Dream Of Wires: The Modular Synthesizer Documentary
s o l v e n t
Hi,

I have started a new thread for this subject, on account of a name change, and some announcements.

First of the all, the film previously known as "Modular the Documentary" has officially changed its name to:
"I Dream Of Wires: The Modular Synthesizer Documentary"

Also, we have just launched an IndieGoGo fund raising campaign for "I Dream Of Wires", with rewards and incentives for your contribution. If you have any interest in this film, even if you are not able to contribute, please take the time to check out the page - it is full of information about our story, plans, aspirations, and an ETA for the film's completion. You want us to travel to Germany to interview Dieter Doepfer? You want us to travel to the West Coast to interview Don Buchla? Here is your opportunity to help us to make these things happen:
http://www.indiegogo.com/I-Dream-of-Wires

We now have an official website (UNDER CONSTRUCTION):
http://idreamofwires.org

And we're on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/idreamofwiresdocumentary

thanks,

Jason (I Dream Of Wires producer)
annex03
I like the new name better, it's rather fitting, I just woke from a dream of patch cables MY ASS IS BLEEDING
mattysal
i dream of wires and prophet 5's thumbs up
Carci
Just donated.

Cheers,
LoFi Junglist
Am going to go for the $45 package w00t

I hope you can make XXL shirts.
pointsource
Those T-shirts are only 1 size or we can choose the size?
s o l v e n t
Yes you'll be able to choose the size. We will contact people about that as we are getting ready to place our Tshirt order in.

BTW we have a top-notch, world renowned designer who is going to develop an amazing visual look for the film/DVD/shirts etc... it's going to look amazing.

pointsource wrote:
Those T-shirts are only 1 size or we can choose the size?
s o l v e n t
LoFi Junglist wrote:
Am going to go for the $45 package w00t

I hope you can make XXL shirts.

Yes no prob.
sunnyb
the trailer makes me sad cuz i dont have a buchla :(

gonna definitely go for the t shirt package smile
reppiks
any idea what the t-shirt design will be yet? i'd like to see that before committing to the t-shirt package...
s o l v e n t
reppiks wrote:
any idea what the t-shirt design will be yet? i'd like to see that before committing to the t-shirt package...

I can understand that -- however I don't think we are going to have a design to show off for at least a month or 2. This is all that I can tell you for now:

"BTW we have a top-notch, world renowned designer who is going to develop an amazing visual look for the film/DVD/shirts etc... it's going to look amazing."

The designer in question is not 100% confirmed, but very likely... his current list of clients includes people like Microsoft, Coke, and Apple, so as you can imagine he knows what he's doing! On a more related note, he also happened to design one of the best synthpop album sleeves of all time, an early-80s classic, and one that I'm sure many people on this forum own and love. Please no guesses though - we don't want to jinx it!
reppiks
thanks, sounds promising
essex sound lab
I think I know who the designer must be, but don't want to jinx it.

Then again, I'd pony up even if the T-shirt looked like Cynical Man.

clarke68
+1 on the new title. thumbs up

Will definitely be getting in on the fundraising, just gotta raise some funds of my own (i.e. get paid) first. Way to go scoring a "top-notch, world renowned designer" for your packaging, etc., but JSYK I'd rock pretty much anything that said "I Dream of Wires" on it!

nanners
mattysal
$45 package seems like the package for me, unless i can get $1500 and get executive producer credit to boost my ego!! Exxxcellent
Monobass
That whole buying an Executive Producer credit thing is very weird... but I really like the whole crowdsourcing concept, I'll definitely contribute when I get my next pay packet.
polyroy
Yeah, will contribute when I've got some money spare!

Still loving the snippit of the guy from Xeno and Oaklander in the extended trailer, that guy rules.
sduck
contributed
dougt
I wish you good luck but if you don't raise the $30K what happens to the project and the investors?
fivesteppath
Looks good.
vav
Donated. Do we get thanked in the credits?
CLee
I'll be contributing, great project.

Also, I don't know where you are but if you need any audio post help and want to do it in Chicago let me know. It's my day job...

Craig
s o l v e n t
dougt wrote:
I wish you good luck but if you don't raise the $30K what happens to the project and the investors?

It will still get made and people will get the package that they paid for. It just means that we won't likely be able to afford to do things like go to Germany &/or the UK. There is already enough footage for an interesting doc, and after our West Coast trip, including NAMM 2012, there is no doubt that we will have more than enough footage for a great doc. But it would be a shame to limit it to the North American scene/perspective.

You know, when the initial threads for this doc were posted here on MW, and on our Facebook page,, there were so many people practically demanding that we fly anywhere and everywhere on the planet that there are people we should interview. Stuff like "How can these guys make a doc about modular synthesizers and not interview Dieter Doepfer?!". There was a guy who declared that it would be LAME if we didn't go to Scotland to interview Ken Macbeth. I sure do hope that some of those people put their money where their mouth is! We're not filming on a BBC budget here - in fact before this IndieGoGo funding started, the project had been entirely funded by the director Robert, out of his own pocket.

Anyway, on a positive note, I have a good feeling that we will be able to raise that $30k. $3k in 1 day is not a bad start at all! Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed so far, and thanks in advance to those planning to contribute in the future...

Jason
s o l v e n t
I'll be responding to some of the other questions, as well as a few PMs I've received about the doc, soon... probably over the weekend.
Robert McLeod
contributed
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4