MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Euro Modular Synth ReadMe.1st
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 [all]
Author Euro Modular Synth ReadMe.1st
re-Verse
Thank you for this wonderful resource.
cwhoffman
this is helpful, thank you
evilclownboi69
this is lit ty yall
Sterion
I'm new to modular and this thread is just great, thanks so much all!
Tim010
thumbs up good post. Thanks
dangriffiths
Thanks for putting this together - helping my brain work it all out....slowly....
greghansonmusic
Thanks so much for this. It really is a useful source. I'm starting to plan out my first eurorack and I was wondering if I might get a bit of advice / critique / thoughts on my plan.

Here's a screen shot from Modgulargrid.

The plan is for the following (in order of purchase / acquisition):

1. 60 HP Moog Case
2. TipTop uZeus
3. MN STO
4. Michigan Synth Works mBrane (As a cheaper, smaller alternative to MI Yarns)
5. MN Rosie
6. 2hp Dual VCA
7. Erica Synths Pico VCF
8. MN Maths
9. 2hp delay
10. 2hp ADSR
11. 2hp LFO
12. 2hp verb

I plan to use this initial rack and should I really enjoy the process, then get a second 60 HP tier and maybe some nicer filters, envelopes, and effects. I keep going back and forth between the 60 HP case and 104 HP case but I really think I want the smaller width footprint and I'm also into the idea of working first with a small system and becoming quite familiar with the modules, and the whole environment, before expanding.

I plan to use my Korg Minilogue XD as a midi controller / interface it with the CV inputs. I was recommended the Yarns as a MIDI interface since it can also double up as a digital oscillator. The Michigan Synths version is about $100 cheaper.

I've received some mix reactions towards the Rosie being included in my first build, but coming from a mixing engineers perspective, it is quite important to me to have a dedicated output and know that I can be attenuating volume at the last stage and not be having any effect on the way the patch is running elsewhere in the chain. I'm also quite enthusiastic about the headphone out with its discrete level control, as well as the send and return insert function of the unit.

I'm quite interested in the Maths and have sort of built the system around implementing that unit.

If anyone has any suggestions, alternative recommendations, or if you feel the maths makes some other modules redundant, I'm really looking forward to hearing.

Thanks in advance!
PhineasFreak
maths takes up a lot of room for what it provides and once yu use it as an lfo or nvelope or whatever its no longer able to perform other functions - its worth considering a number of smaller dedicated modules instead...
Public_Joint
very useful thread indeed, thanks for putting all of this at one place
somanyknobs
PhineasFreak wrote:

- Audio can come out much louder or quieter than expected sometimes

Amen to that. My starter advice is to always zero your output before making a new connection. Connect the cables, _then_ bring up the volume. Avoid going deaf.
Joe_D
PhineasFreak wrote:

…i designed an ideal starter system to show the stuff to think about:

at face value it looks dull:
2 x vco, 4x vca, 1 x noise source, 1 x filter,1 x vcs, crossfader, utilities and 1 x freq divider.

but...

the possibilities of this system are enourmous allowing a huge variety of synthesis such as fm, am, tz, east coast, west coat, harmonic overtones/undertones and much much more.

Just wanted to say thanks for this well-thought-out starter system and post. There's a lot to think about in terms of the multi-function use of many of the modules. I think it really goes to the heart of what modular is, and shows the creativity that makes it fun and powerful when used well.

In addition, your post illustrates the need to know your modules deeply, and provides reasons for thinking through the details of how the modules can be used together to expand their uses. Plus, it gives good specific modules to investigate.

Thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 [all]
Page 12 of 12