MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Flame Clockwork stand alone questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Flame Clockwork stand alone questions
VanEck
Unfortunately I missed the used one that was just sold on here... but still thinking about getting one new.

Can this thing generate random gates in synch with the midi clock I am sending it from say a Virus Ti?

Also, can this thing do all the basic functions I am currently using my Kenton Pro Solo mkII to handle?

Is there any benefits between the stand alone version and the module version? I am leaning toward the stand alone to save valuable rack space.

Anyone have any demos of it in action?

Thanks screaming goo yo
Malekko
Ya know, i've been curious of the Euro version...it seems as it would be a good way to tame multiple sequencers.

I wish Shawn would let me borrow one to see if i "need" it!

But unfortunately he hates me because i'm fat

sad
timmah
you could buy a lot of doughnuts with a flame clockwork.
Malekko
timmah wrote:
you could buy a lot of doughnuts with a flame clockwork.

Drunken Homer Simpson
plord
VanEck wrote:
Can this thing generate random gates in synch with the midi clock I am sending it from say a Virus Ti?

In it's sleep. In fact, it can generate 3 channels or random gates that are derived from three separate time bases/divisions of the midi clock you are sending!

Quote:
Also, can this thing do all the basic functions I am currently using my Kenton Pro Solo mkII to handle?

I don't know the pro solo at all, but...the clockwork will give you one channel of midi to CV. ONLY one midi out and CV out, but then you get all kinds of gate signals that you could patch up for accent etc. IT will give you three LFOs but they are synced to the clock division per channel, so the longest LFO cycle you can get is a half note.

Quote:
Is there any benefits between the stand alone version and the module version? I am leaning toward the stand alone to save valuable rack space.

The module does take up quite a bit of space, yes. The only difference I am aware of is that the module has a dedicated 16th note output that the standalone does not. Otherwise identical.

I have no video demos, worry, but YouTube does smile
MrDys
I've been messing with it as a MIDI->CV converter a lot recently, and I do have to point out that it can be rather easy to make it choke on the MIDI stream. I've been able to do this by playing notes outside of its note range (C1-B5) or by playing two (or more) notes at the same time. You have to power off and on the box to get it back.

I wouldn't say MIDI-CV conversion is its main purpose, and you should treat it like a bonus feature in an otherwise feature-packed little box.

As for demos, most of everything I've posted in the Your Tunes Here forum gets its rhythm from the Clockwork. I'm not sure video demos are any help in explaining this thing. It's really something you need to get your hands on and hear.
VanEck
Thanks for the info guys... very helpful. we're not worthy

I think I'll hang onto my Kenton for the moment since the clockwork doesn't seem to be as dependable for midi-cv. The random gates and such is really appealing though... hopefully I can snag one used at some point for a good deal.
dkcg
VanEck wrote:
Thanks for the info guys... very helpful. we're not worthy

I think I'll hang onto my Kenton for the moment since the clockwork doesn't seem to be as dependable for midi-cv. The random gates and such is really appealing though... hopefully I can snag one used at some point for a good deal.

The midi clock out of my ProSolo seems to work much better with the Seq-1. The random gates are awesome, pushing those gates forwards and backwards in time is awesome, and don't forget about the modulations that use the timing of the gates. Excellent for modulating anything in time with the gates, saves you from patching an LFO/env with the gates. Very cool timing device, it's my system's heart now. Clocks my drum machine, modular, outboard effects (mainly delays for me), should be able to clock the DAW, but I usually clock the system from the DAW when recording in the computer.

I bet some more used ones will pop up as the euro version ships more, but the euro is $100 cheaper than the stand alone (with an extra 16th note out).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1