MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Euro dual Teezer?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Author Euro dual Teezer?
appliancide
frijitz wrote:
appliancide wrote:

Horrible Mistake

Could you please elaborate on this? The 1V/Oct trimmer does not connect to ground. There are several versions of this board, so I'm not sure which one you are refering to, but in all the trimmer connects to a 330R resistor (R16). Could you possibly please post a photo showing this particular connection you are talking about?

Thanks!

Ian

No pictures d'oh! oops

I'm sorry Ian, but that problem and solution may have had a bit too much assistance from Hamms. beer! oops Just popped the module out, immediately saw the problem that had been "fixed" before. The PCB is perfect, sorry for the bad information! I've removed it from the original post.
frijitz
appliancide wrote:
I'm sorry Ian, but that problem and solution may have had a bit too much assistance from Hamms. beer! oops Just popped the module out, immediately saw the problem that had been "fixed" before. The PCB is perfect, sorry for the bad information! I've removed it from the original post.

Ah, that’s the problem—you need a better brand of beer lol

That design is so old and has had such an unfortunate history, I’ve lost track of all the different versions and corrections. Glad to hear you cleared up this issue.

Ian
MuadMusic
Since I had to research this, I though I'd add a note. The Sync level pot is connected to the J2 connector as follows:
viewed from the rear, with lugs on the bottom,

rightmost lug (CCW from front panel perspective) connects to ground
middle lug (output) connects to S lev 2
leftmost lug (CW from front panel perspective) connects to S lev 1
synthcube
frijitz wrote:
sduck wrote:
Do these boards use the CA3280? Edit: oh, now I see, they do. But i also see you sell them, so I guess that sorts that out. For a while you couldn't get those things anywhere.

Actually, they are being manufactured now by Alpha:
http://www.alfarzpp.lv/eng/sc/AS3280.php
Alex kindly sent me a couple to test, and they looked fine in my usual VCA-like test circuit. It's peanut butter jelly time!

Ian

these new alfa 3280 chips will breathe new life into ian's already-awesome designs!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Page 4 of 4