MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

'I Dream Of Wires' & MATRIXSYNTH - Modular photo of the
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author 'I Dream Of Wires' & MATRIXSYNTH - Modular photo of the
s o l v e n t
I Dream of Wires: The Modular Synthesizer Documentary

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2011/10/i-dream-of-wires-matrixsynth-present. html

For the next 30 weeks, IDOW and MATRIXSYNTH will be co-presenting a modular synthesizer photo of the week contest. The photos will be judged by Robert Fantinatto (IDOW director), Jason Amm (IDOW producer, Ghostly International recording artist Solvent), and MATRIXSYNTH. Every Sunday night, from Oct 30 to May 20, the latest photo of the week winner will be posted on MATRIXSYNTH. At the end of the 30 weeks, the Top5 photos will be selected.

What do the 'photo of the week' winners get?:
- Complimentary 'I Dream of Wires' DVD (upon film's release).
- Not only will your photo be posted to MATRIXSYNTH, you will also get an accompanying 50 words + 1 website link, to describe & promote your musical/photographic work.
- The photo + accompanying text/URL will also be included on the 'I Dream Of Wires' DVD release, as part of a bonus-feature photo gallery.
- Top5 winners: One of these photos will be selected as an official IDOW T-shirt design, and all 5 will be printed as a postcard set. T-Shirts and postcard sets are available as part of IDOW's IndieGoGo fund raising packages. Top5 winners will also receive a complimentary T-Shirt + postcard set.

Rules and considerations:
- Maximum 3 submissions per person. 1 photo submission per email. Please note that all submissions will remain in the pool of photos, for consideration throughout the contest.
- All digital files must be 5 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or JPG format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
- Modular synthesizer hardware only. Semi-modular synth hardware is also acceptable as long as there is evidence of some cross-patching.
- Photos will be judged on artistic/aesthetic merit - not on how large/rare the modular is or who it belong(s)/(ed) to.

People are invited to submit photos, via email to modular@idreamofwires.org. You must include the following information in the body of your email submission:
(1) Your name / photo credit.
(2) Please copy and paste the following text: 'I confirm that I am the photographer or the holder of the copyrights of this property. I am allowing 'I Dream of Wires: The Modular Synthesizer Documentary' and MATRIXSYNTH use of this property.'
(3) Title of the photo (optional).
(4) Brief bio and description of your musical &/or photographic work. 50-words maximum (optional).
(5) URL (optional)."

For more info on 'I Dream of Wires: The Modular Synthesizer Documentary':
http://www.indiegogo.com/I-Dream-of-Wires
baboo
wait, this is supposed to be a photo of just the synth or it can be a wider setting, for example a studio/stage and people around?
s o l v e n t
baboo wrote:
wait, this is supposed to be a photo of just the synth or it can be a wider setting, for example a studio/stage and people around?

We're open to the latter.
drewtoothpaste
Is full nudity OK or does it have to be cropped/blurred?
reppiks
Max 3 submissions per week, or max 3 submissions for duration of whole contest?
s o l v e n t
reppiks wrote:

whole contest
s o l v e n t
drewtoothpaste wrote:
Is full nudity OK or does it have to be cropped/blurred?

We have no specific guidelines relating to this.
s o l v e n t
So let me ask... have some people here submitted photos? They're not exactly flowing in. The main reason I find this odd is because we've been getting 3 or 4 people a week randomly posting photos of their modular to our Facebook page, and now that we are actually offering something for it, we get next to nothing. I just hope it is not a problem with the email account or something. If you sent a pic for this contest via email, can you please PM me?
LoFi Junglist
We're all waiting for Drew to post his nekkid pics before we post ours 8_)
Jason Brock
s o l v e n t wrote:
So let me ask... have some people here submitted photos? They're not exactly flowing in.

I can only speak for myself, but I'm guessing these reasons might apply to a lot of people:

a) the contest is 30 weeks long, so I have plenty of time to come up with an idea for a shot.
b) the prize is exposure for your website, and I don't have a website to promote (yet).

Right now all I have is a domain name and some ideas. The exposure thing is a cool prize, so on the off chance that I win, I'd like to have something ready to "expose".
BTByrd
Jason Brock wrote:
I can only speak for myself, but I'm guessing these reasons might apply to a lot of people:

a) the contest is 30 weeks long, so I have plenty of time to come up with an idea for a shot.
b) the prize is exposure for your website, and I don't have a website to promote (yet).

+1 on both counts.

And some personal stupidity on my end: I lost most of my hi-res modular photos because I resized them for the 'net and didn't save the original. d'oh!
s o l v e n t
Well these reasons all make sense - cool. I just was wondering whether maybe it was of no interest to anyone. We literally have had 3 submissions so far... Keep in mind that based on this, your chances of winning early on are much higher!
HueMonContact
I'll submit some photos in the next few days or so.
skkatter
Jason Brock wrote:
on the off chance that I win, I'd like to have something ready to "expose".

Hence the nude photo information request.
s o l v e n t
reppiks wrote:

BTW in case you missed this (the last sentence):

"Maximum 3 submissions per person. 1 photo submission per email. Please note that all submissions will remain in the pool of photos, for consideration throughout the contest."
s o l v e n t
Week1 winner will be announced tonight on MATRIXSYNTH... it's a Wiggler!
baboo
I'll try to submit photos, but it may take some time..
cause I have to actually shoot them, but I've got some ideas Om
Oh, and I still haven't convinced my girfriend to pose naked with Flower Electronics jealous heart..ummm somewhere
JohnLRice
Cool! I love modulars AND photography! thumbs up I didn't see this thread until just now and the PNW Synthfest had me pretty distracted. I'll try to get some shots in for the coming weeks.
amnesia
s o l v e n t wrote:
So let me ask... have some people here submitted photos? They're not exactly flowing in. The main reason I find this odd is because we've been getting 3 or 4 people a week randomly posting photos of their modular to our Facebook page, and now that we are actually offering something for it, we get next to nothing. I just hope it is not a problem with the email account or something. If you sent a pic for this contest via email, can you please PM me?

I submitted a lovely photo but didnt win. Do we have to resubmit more photos or do they get pooled and my photo could ( will) win next week :-)?
nrdvrgr
nanners
amnesia
nrdvrgr wrote:
nanners
congrats!
nrdvrgr
Thanks. With the stuff you got a and a decent camera you can´t go wrong, best of luck to you!
s o l v e n t
amnesia wrote:
I submitted a lovely photo but didnt win. Do we have to resubmit more photos or do they get pooled and my photo could ( will) win next week :-)?

You don't need to re-submit -- they are pooled for the remainder of the contest.
s o l v e n t
amnesia wrote:
nrdvrgr wrote:
nanners
congrats!

Yes, congrats and thanks for the cool submission!
s o l v e n t
amnesia wrote:

From the contest description: "Please note that all submissions will remain in the pool of photos, for consideration throughout the contest."

You were out-Buchla'd this week, I'm afraid!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4