MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Frac Rehab and Reconstruction Time Baby!!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Frac Rehab and Reconstruction Time Baby!!!!
tragedybysyntax
Okay so... I've sold quite a dents worth out of the frac and finally said fuckit... I'm tearing down all 4 of my fracs and doing a few nifty little things to it...

First off.. I ordered 50 mini moog looking knobs to replace every knob in the system. I just put 8 of them on my Metalbox sequential switch and it looks AMAZING!!!

I also bought a frac screw kit from AD INFINITUM to replace all the screws (frac assembly, module mount, and frac mount) to black.

Then... I'm building one giant panel (2 fracs tall, and 6 frac spaces wide) to hold my Sequential Switch as well as... I"m building a second one from the cgs kit to have.... 16 steps of sequential fun!!!

Also... In all 8 of the frac rack ears...... This is the most time consuming... trust me... this will take a few weeks most likely...

I stripped all the fronts which are black... to silver first. I have a 1 to 3 multi in each ear as well as..... My brother who is a badass evil artist draws all kinds of really really really disturbing images (one of which I got a tattoo of) and I'm actually going to acid etch some of his sketches from the sketch book onto each of the multiple frac ears.
I'm thinking about getting him to do something that's only a continual design when all 4 fracs are stacked ontop of each other...

Why am I doing all this? I dunno... fucking nuts I guess. LOL.
Also... think it will look cool with my new Doepfer rig I'm starting up.

Oh... and i ordered a thingamagoop from bleeplabs to play with the modular as well (Yes... I'm developing a photocell module that will spit out cv modulation like the cyndustries new one) Also about to start on a dual CV joystick controller for the beast.

SIT TIGHT!! I'LL POST PICS UP SOON AS I GET SOME OF THE ETCHING DONE!!!
Muff Wiggler
pics pics pics!!! can't wait

moving to all black screws makes a HUGE visual impact on a frac rig, I did it a while ago, good stuff

can't wait to see the etchings!
Chuck E. Jesus
you guys are friggen nuts!!!
tragedybysyntax
the etching thing is something I'm going to start doing ALOT of. Any modular panels I design... etched. Guitar pedals... etched.

I'm converting a Zvex fuzzfactory into a frac panel next weekend.... panel... will also be etched. Actually... My girlfriend back in highschool had a friend that drew a picture of her as a frankenstein woman. Well... it was called "FrankenStacie" So.. the panel is going to be the image they drew of her except etched and it will be called the....."FrankenStacie Fuzz"

Cunt wait to have CV controll over that mean little pedal........ man... good times! smile
felix
tragedybysyntax wrote:
Cunt wait to have CV controll over that mean little pedal........ man... good times! smile

Whoa, serious Freudian slip there... grin
Kwote
felix wrote:
tragedybysyntax wrote:

Whoa, serious Freudian slip there... grin

if you didn't catch it i would've. HAHAHAHA!
zerosum
lol
Chuck E. Jesus
i bet you can't wait to stick your plug in that again...

you ain't gonna live this one down lol
tragedybysyntax
oh intentions you dirty dirty intentions
J.w.M.
I'm not one to use emoticons much, but lol lol lol

In all seriousness, that etching sounds awesome. Are you going for a Wiard-ish look?

Can't wait to see this-- any details about how you go about stripping down the ears would be cool also.
tragedybysyntax
As far as stripping the ears... I just used Type Wash (here at the printshop) with sand paper and wet sanded it off. Was cake.

Wiard i believe are all lazer engraved. This is kind of that look but...NOT. You guys will see here soon... I've got the transfer film on the way as well as the artwork via snail mail. Next week or so I should have something to showyas. smile
tragedybysyntax
well first off... fuck. lol. I guess I didnt test the knobs I had before i ordered 44 of them... lol. FUCK. on the blacets... the outter edge of the knobs fucking overlap. OKAY.. PLAN F'N B!!!!

They looks AMAZING on the sequential switch and the Borg. everything else....... looks like for the blacet and metalbox I need something smaller :(
Muff Wiggler
pics of the knobs? maybe i'll buy some from ya
suitandtieguy
where are the pics!!?!?!

sounds fun.
Babaluma
tragedybysyntax wrote:
First off.. I ordered 50 mini moog looking knobs to replace every knob in the system. I just put 8 of them on my Metalbox sequential switch and it looks AMAZING!!!

i REALLY wanna do this too! could you please let us know the vendor?

i think i would need two different types, the d-shaft (to fit the normal blacet pots), and the screw on type (like wiard uses) to fit the bananalogue/metalbox stuff.
tragedybysyntax
Yeah... one of the probs I had on some modules was the knobs rubbing each other because of the increased size or in the case of alot of the metalbox's...... covering up type on the front panel. i will say that my sequential switch looks bitchin with the blue led's and the moog type knobs.

The ones I used are these i believe: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102831&cp=&sr=1 &origkw=1%2F4%22+knobs&kw=1%2F4+knobs&parentPage=search

I'm going to post new pics of my modular setup I promise this weekend. I'm finally getting in my PSU for the Eurorack and my Bus boards so.... I'm building the eurorack cabinet this weekend which I can install my Polivoks and malgorithm. Also in the order coming in is a Moogerfooger freqbox (mf-107) and a MOTM 1490 Moog LPF. I'll showya guys sunday hopefully. smile
Babaluma
thanks for the link.

do those knobs fit the blacet d type pot shafts?

you won't be dissapointed with the motm 1490, i swapped it for a moogerfooger mf-101 and way prefer the motm!
suitandtieguy
they have a setscrew, so yes they'll work. i don't know what direction they'd point though.
tragedybysyntax
They end up pointing the opposite way, lol. That's the shitty part..

Yeah later on today hopefully I"ll have time to play with the 1490 and my moogerfooger mf-107. Man... my first piece of moog and this fucker is A TANK!!!

I think I need to pick up the phaser and the ring mod next and put them in that side by side rack... would be wicked in the same rack as the frac monster and the sherman!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1