MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

OMG - First 300 Series Arrives
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author OMG - First 300 Series Arrives
Muff Wiggler
wowowowow

i'm just speechless. This stuff is BEAUTIFUL. And the sound... eek! hyper SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo

The Waveform City has a Classic VCO board inside it, although only partially populated for a few of the waveshape outputs. This VCO sounds *INCREDIBLE*, wtf?!? Just smooth and big and full and meaty all at once. It's obviously still hyper honeymoon period as these only got here a few hours ago, but I have to say I expected to be very impressed but instead am ABSOLUTELY JAWFLOOR BLOWN AWAY

And they are absolute works of art, just beautiful. I'm in love. I've waited 10 years dreaming of getting my hands on these and it was worth it. omg. So that's two that are here and another 7 on the way. Then hopefully I can scare up three more eventually to fill out that second rack.

crazy days, wow so awesome.

btw, I bought these from Dave Vosh on the Wiard list, he sold a bunch of stuff recently. One of the best guys I have ever dealt with, he's not a member here but after one of the smoothest, friendliest deals ever I am very happy to vouch for him.

love love love love love

we're not worthy we're not worthy Grant Richter we're not worthy we're not worthy
JohnLRice
Sweetness! screaming goo yo
felix
SlayerBadger!

HAWT!!!! Congrats Muff!

w00t
Cybananna
really cool, congratulations! w00t
parasitk
Cool deal. About time Wiard got some attention again around these parts! SlayerBadger!
noisesource
and on 420 no less! Rasta-nana
aetherpulse
In Wiard land that's a whole synth you got there!

I'm just a little jealous, guess I'll go play with my miniwave before some one buys it...
sascha.victoria
Sweet!!!! I was just thinking the other day that I should call Grant and up the order I placed last year from 2 modules to 6 + the controller. Its going to be a long wait but it'll be worth it.

How does the Waveform City compare to the MiniWave?
Nice pics

sad he uses crappy cheap jacks on his modules
Muff Wiggler
2012 wrote:
Nice pics

sad he uses crappy cheap jacks on his modules

always the ray of sunshine aren't ya lol

i think everyone who has used them agrees the jacks he uses are excellent. I've used the 1200 series modules for years (same jacks) and they are the ONLY jacks on modules I've never had a problem with.

Blacet's jacks come second, only ever had trouble with one of them.

Sasha the WC is pretty close to an MW - the MW provides CV control of Bank and Wave, while the WC only provides CV control of Wave. The WC does also have a VCO with it, and obviously the MW does not.
Muff Wiggler wrote:
i think everyone who has used them agrees the jacks he uses are excellent. I've used the 1200 series modules for years (same jacks) and they are the ONLY jacks on modules I've never had a problem with.

Better then switchcrafts?

I think u can stamp the word 'excellent' only on switchcrafts.
plord
sascha.victoria wrote:
How does the Waveform City compare to the MiniWave?
Same family, different species smile The WFC lacks the CV controllable Bank input of the MW; you only have CV control of Wave pointer in the WFC, not bank and wave together. Unless you are using one of the smoothly interpolated ROMs like the Vector 1 and 2, this isn't much of a hindrance. You need a saw source to drive the MW, the WFC has that whole analog osc built in and gives you the saw, triangle, and sine wave outputs as a bonus. Oh, and the WFC has that built in VCA and AR envelope.

If I had only those two modules, screw the filter capabilities, I'd put the Omni into self-oscillation and work up some crazy FM sounds SlayerBadger!

Congrats on your first 300! w00t
b3nsf
very cool man. looks uber. I'm jealous.... 8_)

time to geek out big time... love

4:20 party down!1 Dono-Kun Dance Dead Banana Rasta-nana nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! Rasta-nana It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners sad banana

whoops wifey calling brb....!
rezzn8r
yes, works of art indeed!
w00t
revmutt
congrats.

I love my Wiard 300.
sandyb
screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
3vcos
Congrats Muff. I picked up a nice used 6 module Wiard system about a month ago and its been really incredible. The Wiard System is really amazing. Each module as a small system integrating with each other to form larger systems. All very nicely laid out and they sound sweet across their entire range. Grant rocks.
mono-poly
No coplains at all about my Wiard 300 connectors.
And woow the Omni VCF i still need to get me one.

SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
sduck
Damn Muff those are sweet looking. And I presume sweet sounding, in an eelish sort of sweet way. I envy you 4 them. Great pics besides - it's not often these are photographed with such detail. More pics of the backs?
revmutt
Never had a jack problem in any of my Wiard 300 or 1200 stuff. I've actually never heard anyone complain about the quality of any of Wiards stuff.

Build quality is beautiful and I love the panel mounted pots on the 300. If someone doesn't like their Wiard there is a line of people who will buy it including me.
Norman_Phay
Nice score smile I saw Dave Vosh's advert and figured you'd grab up some of that.

Make sure you try the phasing mode on the Omni VCF ("allpass" mode and "add" on), run a string machine type sound or suchlike thru it, it sounds nice & smooth.

Like the other ppl, I've never had any pronlems whatsoever with the jacks Grant uses. i thought they were switchcraft, actually?
Kwote
+1 more on the wiard jacks. i really like how solid they feel. no cable wriggling around. in fact i'm gonna use them for all my future diy.
D/A A/D
screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
chamomileshark
Congrats..and big congrats on the Omni..I chickened out on the price of a new one (especially with the dollar is it is).

The waveform city is indeed a wonderous thing..I may need to get myself a second one..but then the classic has the very nice pulse with PWM..and then there is...

Glad you appreciate the physical beauty of them..the modules look good in the light or the dark.
revmutt
Such a great line. I hope Grant releases a few more of his designs in 300 format. I still haven't built a case for mine but one of these days I will pull it from that generic rack that is totally undeserving.

Not having wood skills or space to actually build I am kind of stuck with guess work and then having boards cut by someone else.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3