MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Input voltage for EG
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular  
Author Input voltage for EG
SilentDilemma
Hi all,

My first post here! Rockin' Banana!

Just received my first vertical enclosure from George. The only module in there at the moment is the MIDI - Power Control. Looking forward to ordering the next lot of modules. I'd do it now but I'm moving interstate in December so I'll have to wait until I'm settled. Quite excited, as this is my first foray into modular synthesis.

While I'm in planning mode, I have a question. What gate input voltage does the EG1 expect? Would +5V be enough? The reason I ask is because that's the gate out voltage of the Doepfer Dark Time sequencer. Obviously I'll be able to use the MIDI/CV module but I'm keen to explore hardware sequencing.

...Unless the MMM sequencer will be available soon. wink

Steve
mmm
SilentDilemma wrote:
Hi all,

My first post here! Rockin' Banana!

Just received my first vertical enclosure from George. The only module in there at the moment is the MIDI - Power Control. Looking forward to ordering the next lot of modules. I'd do it now but I'm moving interstate in December so I'll have to wait until I'm settled. Quite excited, as this is my first foray into modular synthesis.

While I'm in planning mode, I have a question. What gate input voltage does the EG1 expect? Would +5V be enough? The reason I ask is because that's the gate out voltage of the Doepfer Dark Time sequencer. Obviously I'll be able to use the MIDI/CV module but I'm keen to explore hardware sequencing.

...Unless the MMM sequencer will be available soon. wink

Steve

Hi Steve,

Both of my EG's, the EG1 and the QuAD/ASR, will trigger with any gate or signal above around 2.5V.

All of my gates will produce a (V+)-0.7V gate. So, 0.7V below the power supply.

I did that so that my gates will trigger pretty much anything out there and anything requiring a gate to initiate something can be controlled by any of the "standard" gating schemes out there.

Not a bad time frame between here and there. The trade winds must have been favorable smile

Isn't that Maple interesting? I couldn't take my eyes off of it. nanners

i.e. sequencer: Now that the synth fest is over, I've actually started working on it again. It sequences OK. I'm just trying to get some of the logic circuits to do what they're suppose to do and tweaking in some values.

Then, I have to design the board, do a test run, etc.

Maybe, I should do some pre-orders so I can just focus on that...

Since there are so many panel components, I refuse to wire them manually like my other modules and make a sandwiched panel board.

But, I also want to provide the I/O and wire kits for the DIY guys.

I also want to offer a stand-alone unit and box it up in a case similar to the ones I make for Flight of Harmony for his deluxe INM. If I do that, I'll have a back panel that has individual stage gate outs and, a "run on gate" input.

So, there's still a lot to do just in the design stage after the circuit is blessed as 100% functional.

Mattson Mini Modular
SilentDilemma
Thanks George. Nice to know that the MMM will play well with the other kids in the modular playground. SlayerBadger!

It was very quick indeed... I was pleasantly surprised. And your packaging, as described, was very thorough. That packaging could have survived a nuclear disaster! Clap The maple certainly does have a lot of character. Actually I should take a photo and post it here so the other guys can see it.

As for the sequencer there appears to be a bit of interest in it judging from the sequencer thread. I'm sure a few of the guys here (myself included) would be happy to do a pre-order if that helps you focus on the project.
mmm
SilentDilemma wrote:
Thanks George. Nice to know that the MMM will play well with the other kids in the modular playground. SlayerBadger!

I didn't want to be too far into left field smile
I have other gear as well and I wanted to make sure they all worked together. That would have pissed me off if they didn't. I'd have to fire myself. Dead Banana

Quote:
It was very quick indeed... I was pleasantly surprised. And your packaging, as described, was very thorough. That packaging could have survived a nuclear disaster! Clap The maple certainly does have a lot of character. Actually I should take a photo and post it here so the other guys can see it.

It's pretty ghetto packaging but, it works. The people that package for the shipping companies just don't have a clue.
That maple was a fantastic piece of wood. I just wish it took a shine better than it did. Still, I could stare at it all day. Wait, I did stare at it all day...and a few more....

Quote:
As for the sequencer there appears to be a bit of interest in it judging from the sequencer thread. I'm sure a few of the guys here (myself included) would be happy to do a pre-order if that helps you focus on the project.

I have a lot of interest in it. I'd like one as well. I wasn't happy with the numbers. A 3-panel wide module with two boards and 55 panel components added up fast. Best price I could squeeze it to is $729.00

But, If I could get about 8 people to pre order, I could pull it off. I'd offer the pre-orders at $650 under the condition that people realize that they'll essentially be prototypes so, the board cosmetics won't have silk screens or solder masks.

Plus, we have 3 big holidays coming up followed by NAMM so, best guess completion time without snags would be the end of February.

But, I'm good at updating the customers on project status if they're invested in it. We all stay in the loop.

Best way to do it would be to just buy a gift certificate on my cart. Once they're done, I'll send a "special" link to the people that bought the gift certificate for that purpose to officially process the order. Or, the value of the gift certificate (or portions thereof) can be used on anything in the cart if so desired.

Just make sure that I'm informed that you picked up the gift certificate for that purpose. That way, I can allocate the resources to the project and keep everybody informed.

Any takers? Sound like a plan? Comments...suggestions...?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular  
Page 1 of 1