MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MIDITRIBE Discussion Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Amazing Machines Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author MIDITRIBE Discussion Thread
Amazing Machines
Hi everyone, we created this thread to discuss our MIDITRIBE - MIDI Input Interface for KORG MONOTRIBE.

If you are not familiar with the MIDITRIBE, here are some resources to get you started:

• Product Page | http://www.amazingmachines.com.br/products_miditribe.html |
• Demo Video | http://youtu.be/9yISozPVz4g |
• Owner's Manual | http://www.amazingmachines.com.br/support.html |

We are here to help, feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Many thanks,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
Amazing Machines
Current State - MIDITRIBE REV 3

We are currently moving to Revision 3 of the MIDITRIBE, which adds a Nickel Plated Shell to the MIDI IN connector, instead of the Black Plastic Shell found in Revisions 1 and 2.
The MIDITRIBE REV 3 is expected to be available by 11/10/2011.

Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
Amazing Machines
We are proud to announce that the REV 3 of the MIDITRIBE is ready to ship.

Changes to REV 3:

- The MIDI IN connector have a Nickel Plated Shell now, instead of the Black Plastic Shell found on Revisions 1 and 2.

Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
mckenic
Hi Gabriel,

I have a Monotribe that is working perfectly. I tried the 820ohm resistor midi-in solution and it just did not work for me. I tested continuity and measured resistance, had ground in my midi interface etc. all perfect, no reason for it not to work - but it just did not!

If I order a Miditribe kit from Amazing Machines, will it work? Have you seen cases where the resistor solution did not work but the Miditribe kit did?

Thanks mate!
Dave
Amazing Machines
mckenic wrote:
Hi Gabriel,

I have a Monotribe that is working perfectly. I tried the 820ohm resistor midi-in solution and it just did not work for me. I tested continuity and measured resistance, had ground in my midi interface etc. all perfect, no reason for it not to work - but it just did not!

If I order a Miditribe kit from Amazing Machines, will it work? Have you seen cases where the resistor solution did not work but the Miditribe kit did?

Thanks mate!
Dave

Hi Dave,

First we would like to thank you for your interest in our product. We never had one single case of a MIDITRIBE been returned to us, it worked for everyone. We advise you not to keep experimenting with the resistor workaround, it is very dangerous and may permanently damage your MONOTRIBE, if you want to make your own interface try the optocoupler circuits widely spread over the internet. If you decide to purchase our product, we ask you to please purchase it from our website www.amazingmachines.com.br instead of eBay, if it is not a problem for you, this way we won't have to pay extra fees to eBay.

Many thanks,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
mckenic
Thanks very much for your quick reply Gabriel!

I have just went ahead and ordered a kit smile (Im the guy from Ireland). I used Paypal and of course the log-in page was Portuguese! Eeek! Luckily its really straight forward to log-in!

I stopped experimenting as soon as I could not get the resistor to work and everything is going well with my Mono at the moment as I hope this solution works out smile I cant believe how inspiring the Monotribe is - I have spent all my money on Euro modular and Im ending up playing the Monotribe more than anything hihi Doh! Adding MIDI and having more than 8 steps will really open-up the Mono for me!

Thank you again - I will of course post here and let you know my progress - thanks again!

Dave
Amazing Machines
mckenic wrote:
Thanks very much for your quick reply Gabriel!

I have just went ahead and ordered a kit smile (Im the guy from Ireland). I used Paypal and of course the log-in page was Portuguese! Eeek! Luckily its really straight forward to log-in!

I stopped experimenting as soon as I could not get the resistor to work and everything is going well with my Mono at the moment as I hope this solution works out smile I cant believe how inspiring the Monotribe is - I have spent all my money on Euro modular and Im ending up playing the Monotribe more than anything hihi Doh! Adding MIDI and having more than 8 steps will really open-up the Mono for me!

Thank you again - I will of course post here and let you know my progress - thanks again!

Dave

Hi Dave,

Great to hear, we hope you enjoy your MONOTRIBE even more now that it is going to be MIDI equiped soon. We apologize for the Portuguese thing, we could not find a way to make the paypal page show up in English yet, very anoying. Your feedback is most wecolme, we would love to hear from you.

Thank you very much,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
Amazing Machines
>>> OFF TOPIC <<<

mckenic wrote:
... I used Paypal and of course the log-in page was Portuguese! Eeek! Luckily its really straight forward to log-in!...

Hi Dave,

Just to let you know that we found a way to set the language of the checkout page, no more Portuguese annoyance. Thank you for your feedback on the subject, it is important to us.

Many thanks,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
mckenic
Thank you Gabriel!

It was not a big problem and if you are used to paypal at all then you kind of already know where to click - it was just a little surprise smile No problem.

Also, thank you for the tracking emails and the communication about my order! Im really happy to recommend your kit to people who want a quick no-fuss solution.

I'll reply when the kit arrives if you dont mind me being so Off Topic smile

Thanks again,
Dave
Amazing Machines
mckenic wrote:
... if you dont mind me being so Off Topic smile...

Please be our guest, we believe it is of everyone's interest to hear the end user opinion about the product, we would be very happy to hear from you.

Many thanks,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
Amazing Machines
Hi everyone,

FSK1138 just made this unboxing video for the MIDITRIBE, check this out:

Thanks for watching,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
chucksters
a Monotron version would be fanTAStic! Any plans for that?
Amazing Machines
>>> OFF TOPIC <<<

Hi chucksters,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

chucksters wrote:
a Monotron version would be fanTAStic! Any plans for that?

Maybe for the Monotron Duo as it seems to have the same pitch tracking system as the MONOTRIBE. Otherways it would be too expensive, the end user would pay more for the interface than for the synth.

Many thanks,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
Amazing Machines
Amazing Machines Announces Christmas Sale

MIDITRIBEs with 12% OFF discount in the Amazing Machines Web Store from December 4 to December 25, rush and grab yours before the shop run out of stock at www.amazingmachines.com.br

Many thanks,
Amazing Machines
Amazing Machines
http://soundcloud.com/amazing-machines/amazing-machines-miditribe-for

After the release of the MONOTRIBE OS 2.0 last week many people came to us asking if their MIDITRIBE will still work after the update, the answer is yes, any MIDITRIBE Revision will work 100% with the MONOTRIBE OS 2.0 update and there is more, the MONOTRIBE OS 2.0 brings us two incredible new MIDI features:

1 - Velocity Sensitivity for the "Synth Part" (VCA Level)
2 - Control of the "VCA Level" using CC 7 (Volume) or CC 11 (Expression)

This demo shows the results of these new additions using Velocity and Mod Wheel Automation to create a much more "realistic" Accent Effect. At the end of the track you can hear a fade out of the "Synth Part" that was done by automating CC 7 (Volume).

Many thanks,
Amazing Machines
Amazing Machines
MIDITRIBE & KORG MONOTRIBE OS 2.0 Demo Video

Thanks for watching,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
renton
Hi Gabriel,

Do you know if the MIDITribe works with a USB-to-MIDI-Cable?

I'm trying to get it work with Ableton Live on my Notebook, the lights at the cable are flashing, but the MIDITribe doesn't seem to receive anything.

Or is the MIDITribe only working with standard MIDI cables?

Greets and thanks in advance,

Ralf.
Amazing Machines
renton wrote:
Hi Gabriel,

Do you know if the MIDITribe works with a USB-to-MIDI-Cable?

I'm trying to get it work with Ableton Live on my Notebook, the lights at the cable are flashing, but the MIDITribe doesn't seem to receive anything.

Or is the MIDITribe only working with standard MIDI cables?

Greets and thanks in advance,

Ralf.

Hi Ralf,

Please answer a few questions about your system:

1 - Have you successfully estabilished a MIDI connection using the USB-to-MIDI-Cable you mentioned? I mean with any other device

2 - Have you double checked the wireing of the MIDITRIBE?
The Blue and Black wires should point to the botton side of the MONOTRIBE

3 - Have you make sure to send MIDI to the correct MIDI channels?
Channel 1 for the "Synth Part" and Channel 10 for the "Drum Part"
Please note that the MIDI notes are ranged on the MONOTRIBE, which means that it won't respond to every note you send in, only the notes within it's range

I'm here to help, please ask as many questions as you need to.

Best Regards,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
mckenic
Hi guys!

Not sure how much help this is going to be but...

I have one of those standard USB-Midi cables and it wont work with my MidiTribe. I also had troubles before using it with my FS1R and Shruthi - so I would blame that cable. I have no trouble with the MidiTribe and the Midi out of my Ultralite using Ableton Live 8. That works wonderfully, Thank You very much Gabriel!

Hope this is some help!
Amazing Machines
mckenic wrote:
Hi guys!

Not sure how much help this is going to be but...

I have one of those standard USB-Midi cables and it wont work with my MidiTribe. I also had troubles before using it with my FS1R and Shruthi - so I would blame that cable. I have no trouble with the MidiTribe and the Midi out of my Ultralite using Ableton Live 8. That works wonderfully, Thank You very much Gabriel!

Hope this is some help!

Hey Dave,

You are very welcome, please leave us more feedback on your experience with the MIDITRIBE if you feel like doing it. I must agree with you, I believe Ralf's USB-MIDI cable is not sending enough power to the MIDI Out.

Ralf, I think you should try a powered USB Hub to connect your USB-MIDI cable.
Also, have you tried a MIDI Keyboard?
Just to make sure it isn't your MIDITRIBE's fault, connect the MIDI Out from your MIDI Keyboard to the MIDI In on your MONOTRIBE.

Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
renton
Hi Gabriel, Hi Dave,
thanks for your replies and your help.

To cut it short, it is the USB to MIDI Cable.

With other Devices in my mate's studio (Keyboards, Drum Machines etc.) there are no problems. But sometimes I take the Monotribe home to work out some new stuff and I'm doing it here with my Notebook and Ableton Live. That's the reason why I got this USB to MIDI Cable.

As Gabriel mentioned, I will try an active USB Hub and get back here as soon I have tested it.

Until then, big thanks again to you guys and keep rocking the MIDITRIBE.

oops

Ralf.
mckenic
Hi there Ralf!

I would be interested to see if the USB-Midi lead works with a powered hub... I could actually use mine again smile

Although, I bought it to use with my laptop and avoid hubs, but it would be good to at least get it working!
Amazing Machines
renton wrote:
Hi Gabriel, Hi Dave,
thanks for your replies and your help.

To cut it short, it is the USB to MIDI Cable.

With other Devices in my mate's studio (Keyboards, Drum Machines etc.) there are no problems. But sometimes I take the Monotribe home to work out some new stuff and I'm doing it here with my Notebook and Ableton Live. That's the reason why I got this USB to MIDI Cable.

As Gabriel mentioned, I will try an active USB Hub and get back here as soon I have tested it.

Until then, big thanks again to you guys and keep rocking the MIDITRIBE.

oops

Ralf.

Great to hear Ralf, if you have any other doubt just ask, I'm here to help.

Best wishes,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
Amazing Machines
>>> OFF TOPIC <<<

Hi everyone,

We started R & D for our next product, the NastyMono, we would be glad to hear people's opinion about it. We just created this thread to discuss our currently "Under Development" products, check this out:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48157

Many thanks,
Gabriel Rodrigues,
Amazing Machines
renton
Hi there,

now I have tested an active USB Hub with the USB to MIDI Cable and still no luck.

So it seems that USB to MIDI Cables are not compatible with MIDITRIBE.

@Gabriel: Do you have a good cheap tip, how I can use the MIDITRIBE with my Notebook's USB Ports? I know that my mate's using an Alesis Sound-Station, but I don't want to put that much effort because I only want the MIDITRIBE to synchronise with Ableton Live on my Notebook.

Cheers,
Ralf
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Amazing Machines Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4