MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Plague Bearer: finally starting to get it...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Plague Bearer: finally starting to get it...
neilbaldwin
I couldn't get shit out of the PB when trying to use it in a 'traditional' way (i.e as a filter lol ) but after reading some posts on here I finally started to understand what the fuss is all about.

Just using a singe oscillator (Plan B M15) and Maths and a low-pass filter, I was feeding all sorts of nonsense into the Plague and then using it's output to drive the FM on the M15. Firing envelopes into the PB from Maths is soooooooo good SlayerBadger!

I think I need another PB screaming goo yo

[s]http://soundcloud.com/neilbaldwin/damp-air-crows[/s]
infradead
thinking of the PB as a filter with get you nowhere fast.

i want a R4 PB to go with my 3.3
computer controlled
The PB is a straight up FSU module. It DOES a bit of mild filtering, but that's it.

I THINK the "Lowpass" is actually a Highpass Cutoff control, and "Highpass" is actually a Lowpass Cutoff control.
wowarz
[quote="neilbaldwin"]I think I need another PB screaming goo yo

same thing here.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/wowarz-1/plaguebearer[/s]

pb with 199, 101-2 and noisring

seems my res-4 will get unemployed hihi
suboptimal
I think of the PB as a financially responsible way to get that thick, hard grinding tone that you have to otherwise buy Metasonix or Sherman, etc. to get. Superb for generating complex noise (for e.g. cymbal and snare synthesis) or for distortion from understated to violent. The more the merrier - I've just ordered my third and fourth, and am pretty psyched about the nice upgrades r4 provides.
wowarz
not to mention the price. it's a d%$n STEAL.

(btw. r4 was used above ;-)
lorenzovektor
hmmmmm plague Drunken Homer Simpson
neilbaldwin
Mine is R4 too.

What differences does that revision have compared to previous ones?

And yeah, the price is absolutely incredible.

If f(h) is reading this, turn away from the screen for a second: l'd buy it at twice the price!

screaming goo yo
hollowman
neilbaldwin wrote:
Mine is R4 too.

What differences does that revision have compared to previous ones?

And yeah, the price is absolutely incredible.

If f(h) is reading this, turn away from the screen for a second: l'd buy it at twice the price!

screaming goo yo

SHHH! don't say that!! (even if it is true! woah )

On a side point - how do you like the Model 15 osc?
soundsubs
the PB's have a unique design that has a VERY narrow margin for knob position which can yield WOW results. every time i play with mine (i have two which must be side by side) i discover new things.

it took me a long time also to get the handle on it. well made, great price, lots and lots of tone!

im gonna say it: BEST EURO VALUE.
neilbaldwin
hollowman wrote:

Early days yet but so far I'm liking it a lot. The only thing with it is that the sockets are quite loose. Probably due to it's age (I'm being diplomatic towards the quality of the components lol )

So much modulation possibility with hard sync, wave morphing, two frequency CV inputs and another FM input. Looking forward to spending more time exploring it.
boramx
I have mixed feelings on plaque.

I'm an fsu kinda guy too. I would have to be new in love or really on a lot of anti-depressants to even think of incorporating an arpeggio into a composition.

However, plaque was like this for me(i had two diy pbs at one point)---

First plug them in "wow, solid state metasonix-esque velcro". I used them all the time.

Two months in "this always gets me to the same place". First i let one out of the 12u, 6 months later the other goes too.

I always came back to it and tried it again. Also fyi, i had a similar experience with the r53. Totally cool. But not inspiring to me in the long run.

Here's an opinion-

Space is my recurrent issue. Multi-tasker is golden in 12u. The a189-1 earns its place for 15 modes plus DC coupled processing.

Audio modules with too much 'character' can't earn their space. This has been my personal finding after lots of years of small/medium modular usage.
bluemeanie
i liken it a cv controlled overdrive/distortion

like other filters , if you turn the input up to far ..you dont get much fun

actually if the input is all the way up i think the high and low controls dont do anything.
matttech
neilbaldwin wrote:
I couldn't get shit out of the PB when trying to use it in a 'traditional' way (i.e as a filter lol ) but after reading some posts on here I finally started to understand what the fuss is all about.

Just using a singe oscillator (Plan B M15) and Maths and a low-pass filter, I was feeding all sorts of nonsense into the Plague and then using it's output to drive the FM on the M15. Firing envelopes into the PB from Maths is soooooooo good SlayerBadger!

I think I need another PB screaming goo yo

[s]http://soundcloud.com/neilbaldwin/damp-air-crows[/s]

get the quad plague bearer standalone!

you probably came across my posts, asking what the fuck the Plague Bearer does, and how to get anything usable out of it. now i love it!!
matttech
or what about THIS!!!!

http://www.flightofharmony.com/product-lines/inm/infernal-noise-machin e-standalone-device
tenstairs
I'm definitely going to have to pick one of these up!
Cat-A-Tonic
I have a pair with custom panels and extra attenuators.

Plague Bearer does physical ripping sounds well.

I have used it for processing/generating percussion on occasion.

Aside from that, I need further exploration...

I really liked DGTom's "rubber drums" Plague patch.
I wonder if he can advise us on how to conjure such magics.
Cat-A-Tonic
wowarz wrote:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/wowarz-1/plaguebearer[/s]

pb with 199, 101-2 and noisring

This is cool and subtle.

Neil Baldwin, using it for feedback FM is a good idea.
hollowman
neilbaldwin wrote:
hollowman wrote:

Early days yet but so far I'm liking it a lot. The only thing with it is that the sockets are quite loose. Probably due to it's age (I'm being diplomatic towards the quality of the components lol )

So much modulation possibility with hard sync, wave morphing, two frequency CV inputs and another FM input. Looking forward to spending more time exploring it.

cheers for that, think I may keep an eye out for one. thumbs up
Oh and yes I am planning on a PB also! It's motherfucking bacon yo
artisokka
matttech wrote:
or what about THIS!!!!

http://www.flightofharmony.com/product-lines/inm/infernal-noise-machin e-standalone-device

Or what about this (speaking about the INM)!

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45875
nrdvrgr
The PB is fantastic for CV´s, try putting it between a sequencer and the 1v/oct input of your oscillator.
boramx
nrdvrgr wrote:
The PB is fantastic for CV´s, try putting it between a sequencer and the 1v/oct input of your oscillator.

ok! will do.
HeWhoWantsJeans
I feel like a moron for just trying this out last night, but even a single PB can make a pretty gnarly oscillator. From what I remember:

Routing:
1 Out -> 1 In
1 Out -> the rest of the world

Settings:
High -> 6 o'clock
Low -> Fully CCW
Gain -> 9 o'clock (rock!)
Input -> 9 o'clock

That might suck - as my memory is often to do.

I was using one for ring-modding a signal with the ModDeMix and was like 'damn - that's a gnarly source.'
norbert smith
def a cool module, just received my r4 and luv it
computer controlled
nrdvrgr wrote:

I've always wanted to try this, but never got around to it! Works pretty good eh?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2