MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Euro in Frac cases-not the usual question?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Euro in Frac cases-not the usual question?
Randaleem
Hi all,

Working on a Frac/Euro cabinet solution. Need a bit of help.

I'd guess a few of you have both Euro and Frac?

Here's the question:

Is there any Euro module which will not fit between a Blacet rack's mounting rails?

Background info
Blacet's panel drawing spec's that a 4.22 PCB height is the maximum because of the distance between the Frac rails.

Though shorter overall, Euro Panels place their mounting holes farther apart than Frac. Standard Euro extruded rails are only 10mm thick, so the result is that they have a larger opening between them than the Frac rails, even though the Euro panel itself is smaller.

Do any Euro modules make use of this additional space? Which would prevent them from fitting into a Frac rack? (Assume the hole location differences and such were dealt with.)

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards, Randal
nathankirchner
Randaleem wrote:

Do any Euro modules make use of this additional space? Which would prevent them from fitting into a Frac rack? (Assume the hole location differences and such were dealt with.)

Yes. Some Euro modules do make use of the extra space and thus would not fit between the Frac rails. I have Doepfer, Cwejman, Livewire, Harvestman that won't fit.

What you need to do is fit the Frac modules to the Euro rails.
Randaleem
nathankirchner wrote:
Yes. Some Euro modules do make use of the extra space and thus would not fit between the Frac rails. I have Doepfer, Cwejman, Livewire, Harvestman that won't fit. What you need to do is fit the Frac modules to the Euro rails.

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for the reply! Based on it, I've re-designed the extrusion I'm having made. It will accomodate EITHER Frac OR Euro panels by simply flipping it around its mounting screw. EDIT: Here's the reason I asked. EDIT: Split to new thread. See: Universal Frac/Euro Cases and DIY rails.

Kind regards, Randal
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1