MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Advices on my modular setup
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Advices on my modular setup
hpsounds
Hi everyone !

Here are 2 pictures of my analog modular setup in 2 Doepfer 6U suitcases. Modules with blue lines are those I think I will purchase in the next few months. I already have the other modules in my modular setup.

Suitcase 1

Suitcase 2

Here is a Here about my analog modular stuff on my website.

help
What do you think about this layout ? Give meyour thoughts and advices. I'm thinking also about the following modules:

- Doepfer A101-1 Vactrol Filter;
- Doepfer A101-3 Vactrol Phaser;
- Doepfer A143-1 Complex Env. Generator/LFO;
- MakeNoise QMMG;
- Cwejman MX-4S.

... but then I will need a third suitcase !
lol

PS : not shown is a Doepfer A-121 multimode filter.

Many thanks for your time and inputs !

hyper

Hédi K.
Audio Resistance
Well, I do not have that many multiples in a Monster case., but you might really need them more than I.

I would go for the Cwejman MX-4s over the Res-4. I use it as my main output and to tie everything together. Since you are getting the PH-4 it works fantastically with the pans on the MX-4s. I know that does not sound like a big deal" just panning right" but when you get some complex patches going and everything begins to swirl up and down the pole it is really nice.

Although, that Res-4 and NS-4 are next on my list. lol
Cwejman have become my dirty little secret that my better half has no idea of the price difference.

Cheers,
Rob
Cat-A-Tonic
This looks like a pretty nice setup, but if it were me I would:
Lose one of the buffered mults. and the A-180 mult....
Put an 160+161 Clock Seq./Divider combo in there and still have another 4hp spot to spare.

Instead of the Doepfer Joystick get one of the Flight of Harmony Choices joysticks which are (according to Kent) reportedly of good quality, or wait until Plan B *hopefully* stabilizes (and gets everyone that they owe sorted) and get an M32 Joystick.

If you are getting the Wiard filters (and you should), then you might as well sell your Doepfer semi-equivalents A-106-1 Xtreme, and A-108 VCF 8.
Then you should have a little space for some of the other things you mentioned, and get another case to have even more. w00t
hpsounds
Thanks Rob for your opinion and experience.
thumbs up

Audio Resistance wrote:
Well, I do not have that many multiples in a Monster case., but you might really need them more than I.

The 2 left multiples are always connected to my Midi-to-CV/gate interface (Kenton Pro2000-MkII). The Plan B one is used for pitch and precise controllers, the Doepfer one is used for gate. Most for the time I'm using 2 midi channels to drive 2 different voices on my modular.

Regards,

Hédi K.
hpsounds
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
if it were me I would:
Lose one of the buffered mults. and the A-180 mult....
Put an 160+161 Clock Seq./Divider combo in there and still have another 4hp spot to spare.

I used to have those 2 modules but all my sequencing stuffs are made on a P3 Sequentix sequencer. I'm still waiting for a very flexible set of modules for sequencing my modular.

Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
Instead of the Doepfer Joystick get one of the Flight of Harmony Choices joysticks which are (according to Kent) reportedly of good quality, or wait until Plan B *hopefully* stabilizes (and gets everyone that they owe sorted) and get an M32 Joystick.

I was first thinking to buy Plan B joystick but I got a strange feeling about Plan B since January when they started again their "new" buisness plan ... Maybe I will wait for the Flight of Harmony Choices joysticks. Good advice !

Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
If you are getting the Wiard filters (and you should), then you might as well sell your Doepfer semi-equivalents A-106-1 Xtreme, and A-108 VCF 8.
Then you should have a little space for some of the other things you mentioned, and get another case to have even more. w00t

I really love my Doepfer filters (A121, A108 and A106-1) so I think that I will just add the Wiard ones to my analog arsenal.

Thanks for your input !
thumbs up

Hédi K.
bar|none
Checked out your site..

Thanks for the sampler presets and samples. I'd really like to start creating my own from my modular as well.

Do you recommend AutoSampler?
wetterberg
+1 on the Flight Of Harmony Choices! SlayerBadger! That joystick feels so damned good.
hpsounds
bar|none wrote:
Checked out your site..

Thanks for the sampler presets and samples. I'd really like to start creating my own from my modular as well.

Do you recommend AutoSampler?

You're welcome ! Rockin' Banana!

Autosampler is a "must have" software for me when i'm using my modular. Now, automatic sampling with multi-velocity (driving filter cutoff for example) is so easy. Then, I import the EXS24 or Kontakt program into Ableton Live Sampler instrument : done in a few minutes !
Rasta-nana

Speaking about Live, I use it mainly as a BIG sampler with "hand made" loops, samples sets and soundscapes. For me, it's the best software to use with a modular synth : simple and efficiant !

Hédi K.
bar|none
Pretty cool when your monophonic sounds suddenly become polyphonic capable.

I've been working on a Monome App called SevenUpLive with it's creator. We are about to release a new version that pretty much can control Sampler in pretty amazing ways with the monome. This opens up interesting ways to interact with samples created from a modular such as with longer looping and evolving samples and having control over the envelopes and LFOs and sample start point etc.

[edit] About your rig. +1 for the QMMG if you have multiples of other modules, the QMMG is so versatile. Also +1 for a Plague Bearer filter and joystick.
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
I personally would skip on all the plan B gear, but thats me. If you're willing to deal with the potential nightmare then go for it.
hpsounds
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:
I personally would skip on all the plan B gear, but thats me. If you're willing to deal with the potential nightmare then go for it.

I understand your point of view but I do love the sound of the Model 15 Osc and it took me sooooooo long time go get them 2 years ago ... Model 31 and Model 36 work fine up-to-now and are very useful.

I also had some hard times with PG with 2 Model 9 and a Model 24, and I'm still very upset about his strange behaviour with me. But I think that everyone on this nice forum know what I mean ... very frustrating
A Dingleberry Monstrosity
oh! If you already have em then keep em! I thought you were buying new.

nm d'oh!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1