MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Volta Vst version...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Volta Vst version...
Analog>Plugins
I've been trying out Logic 8 on the mac just in case I can not get Volta working in Cubase 5 through an Au hosting ...Vst host plugin.

I just can't get along with it, I have also tried DP6 on Mac, no go.

I think it is an even split of people who use Logic and Cubase so it would seem a good idea to code up a Pc version for us Vst users Mr. Green

I know you said that you were not against the idea Stretta, but could you please keep us updated in this thread on any potential Vst version?

Cheers Guinness ftw!
Analog>Plugins
I just thought, I could run Cubase on Mac.... and run Volta on Reaper running as rewire in Cubase 5.

I could then compose in Cubase 5 linking the midi tracks in Cubase 5 to Reaper over rewire, and patch the audio of the analog synths back into Cubase 5.

Lot of bother though, Vst would be so much easier razz
Chuck E. Jesus
i kind of would like to know if there are any plan for VST...i use Sonar on a PC, i'm not switching...if they won't do VST, no prob, i understand...
dkcg
Does MOTU make any VSTs? I thought they were AU only pretty much.
felix
dkcg wrote:
Does MOTU make any VSTs? I thought they were AU only pretty much.

They do (or did?) for their instruments that exist outside of Digital Performer (MachFive, MX4, Ethno, etc). In RTAS too I think.

However, bear in mind that making a plugin in another format isn't just another button in the compiler. Generally there's a considerable, but not necessarily significant, amount of extra work for implementation with the additional SDKs, and it of course greatly increases testing time/resources. Oh yeah, and support costs, on going developments/bug fixes/updates.

I think it's commendable that it made it out even in the one format. Even if every single person who owned a modular bought one, that's pretty small numbers compared to the other instruments, let alone Digital Performer.
TWINSTATES
Ableton.
i used Cubase and Logic on macs and pcs, now I just ableton

in some respects it's a little more limited but it's good qualities far far outweigh any bad
Chuck E. Jesus
felix wrote:
Even if every single person who owned a modular bought one, that's pretty small numbers compared to the other instruments, let alone Digital Performer.

that's an excellent point...although there are probably more people using PCs that do music, it seems more people who use modular gear use Macs (at least around here, could be wrong, leave me alone) ...so how much would MOTU gain from doing a VST version? i suppose that's the bottom line...i think VOLTA is an excellent idea! if i had all my equipment ducks in a row for it, i'd hop right on that wagon but it's not going to make me produce more/better music...if it works as they describe, it would help me out tremendously with my osc of various vintage...
stretta
Quote:
Does MOTU make any VSTs?

BPM
Ethno
MSI
MachFive
Electric Keys

MX4 was AU/MAS only
stretta
Quote:
i kind of would like to know if there are any plan for VST.

If I knew one way or another, I wouldn't be able to tell you. I know this is frustrating. You want information because it affects your planning. I understand this because I'm in exactly the same boat as you when it comes to matters outside of MOTU.

What I've learned is to never believe something exists until I'm holding it in my hand. Don't believe your own wishes. Don't believe product announcements, or estimated availability times. Unless you're actually holding it in your hand, it doesn't exist.

Make your plans based on what is available now, not on an ethereal idea of future availability. Failure to do so prevents you from making music.
Analog>Plugins
\Good reply Stretta and so true.

Could you at least make it so that if I buy (which I will) Volta as it is now....if you manage to make a Vst version....that it won't cost me loads to get the vst version.

Can't wait until Volta is ready to buy in Eu.
Analog>Plugins
Stretta, can you update us on any hope of a vst version. I've personaly invested too much in software that only works on Pc to go over to mac....and having to reboot constantly into my mac hackintosh partition is going to kill workflow.

I know of 2 definates that would buy a vst version of Volta and thats out of the 5 producers I hang with.

Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top?
we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
Analog>Plugins
Gaarrrgh I've just spent all day trying to learn DP Pro 6 over at a friends house. I just can't do it.... don't get me wrong it's a very powerful program but I'm used to Cubase.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day learning how to re-wire volta to Cubase 5 using Reaper, but I will miss all my lovely PC plugins.

Give us a heads up Stretta on the possibility of a VST version? Don't go all quiet on us razz
astroschnautzer
you could always get max msp and program your own "volta" .
Analog>Plugins
Success!!!!!!!!!

After much stress I managed to get Volta working inside Cubase 5 by downloading the Kore 2 Demo and running Volta inside Kore 2 hyper

The first synth I've tried it on is the Sequential Pro 1 with 6 octaves of stable calibration!

Stretta this thing rocks, but vst would seriously open your market up by a large amount.
stretta
Quote:
I've just spent all day trying to learn DP Pro 6 over at a friends house. I just can't do it.... don't get me wrong it's a very powerful program but I'm used to Cubase.

People who know me, know I'm a musician first. I have great respect for all the tools out there available for musicians because they're all so interesting and powerful. If you use Cubase, that is great. Cubase is amazing software. I'm not here to sell you MOTU hardware, DP, or even Volta for that matter. I'm simply into making music, and I'm extremely enthused about music technology - no matter where it comes from.

So, no need to apologize. I know what switching sequencers is like, it is... painful. I'm humbled you would make such an effort simply to use Volta.

Quote:
After much stress I managed to get Volta working inside Cubase 5 by downloading the Kore 2 Demo and running Volta inside Kore 2

w00t

Quote:
The first synth I've tried it on is the Sequential Pro 1 with 6 octaves of stable calibration!

That is fantastic news. I'm in awe of your persistence.

Quote:
Stretta this thing rocks, but vst would seriously open your market up by a large amount.

No argument from me.
Analog>Plugins
Cheers for getting back to me Stretta.

Words cannot describe how long I have been waiting to be able to use my analogs in time let alone in tune (which is a big bonus). Also to be able to run a modular under full control.

Only problem is now I have to buy Kore 2 which isn't so bad really smile Looks like a 24 i/o Motu card on the way.

The Pro 1 isrunning awesome, although to calibrate it you have to bring the filter right down over the saw tooth to turn it into sine wave if using osc 1..... no big deal.

Just the Arp Odyssey mk3, Yamaha CS-30, CS-5 and my Oakley modular to go.

Been waiting a long time for this so a big thank you Stretta.... but I'm going to keep hassling you to hassle MOTU to code a vst version hihi

Anyone need any help with running in Cubase 4/5 just ask and I shall try to help.
brandon daniel
Analog>Plugins wrote:

Been waiting a long time for this so a big thank you Stretta.... but I'm going to keep hassling you to hassle MOTU to code a vst version hihi

Given Stretta's last comment (that he agrees making a VST version would widen the market for Volta), it occurs to me that there might be more constructive people to bug about this than Stretta. If given the opportunity, I'm sure he'd LOVE to have Volta available in every plugin format. Perhaps contacting sales/marketing folks at MOTU about wanting VST is more likely to result in a positive outcome. Developers rarely have the power over these sorts of decisions!
1nput0utput
brandon daniel wrote:
Analog>Plugins wrote:

Given Stretta's last comment (that he agrees making a VST version would widen the market for Volta), it occurs to me that there might be more constructive people to bug about this than Stretta. If given the opportunity, I'm sure he'd LOVE to have Volta available in every plugin format. Perhaps contacting sales/marketing folks at MOTU about wanting VST is more likely to result in a positive outcome. Developers rarely have the power over these sorts of decisions!

I found a suggestion form on MOTU's website:
http://www.motu.com/other/feedback/suggestions
Analog>Plugins
I posted a request, hope others do smile
Chuck E. Jesus
Analog>Plugins wrote:
I posted a request, hope others do smile

wink
ignatzthemouse
Already have smile
Analog>Plugins
Bumpety Bump for the Vsti trump razz
wetterberg
signed it!
Analog>Plugins
Hi Stretta, any word from Motu that they might be considering releasing for Vst?

It's getting boring really quick having to keep booting into the Mac partition, recording the bit's I want then having to export the song so I can load it into the pc to use my lovely plugins etc... razz help
auricle
I've sent my suggestion too. smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2