MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

freeform techno jam
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author freeform techno jam
Steevio
hi peeps,

here's another live freeform techno jazz jam i did recently in my studio

all live sequenced in the modular, eurorack + moog voyager + sherman FB2 + 2 x MF101 s

bluemeanie
wobbly funky tekno

bring it on mutha

nice to see no pc running shit too

ahh .. tekno

another reason why we have the synths we have today
booger
SlayerBadger!
J1m
Rad. Just kept getting better.
infradead
that was awesome
jazz411
That's A monster setup I would hate to think how much money you have poured into that thing.

Keep on jammin'
mystico
Nice one Steevio hihi
Steevio
thanks guys,

on the money side, only the modular is a recent addition, its taken me two years of spending every spare penny to build it, the sherman ive had for ten years, and the other stuff ive gradually bought in that time.

it helps living like a hermit in the mountains with no bar for 6 miles, and no club for 100 miles smile
bluemeanie
Steevio wrote:

it helps living like a hermit in the mountains with no bar for 6 miles, and no club for 100 miles smile

although here in oz in remote farnorthqueensland i know of a dude that used to do the 12 hour drive from weipa to cairns on a friday after work. he'd take his dog and a slab of beer for company, along the way crossing crocodile infested waters in his 4wd. all this for a pub. so i guess depends on how much of an alcho you are. 6 miles aint far hihi
Kent
SlayerBadger! What's your sequencing rig look like?
Steevio
bluemeanie wrote:
Steevio wrote:

although here in oz in remote farnorthqueensland i know of a dude that used to do the 12 hour drive from weipa to cairns on a friday after work. he'd take his dog and a slab of beer for company, along the way crossing crocodile infested waters in his 4wd. all this for a pub. so i guess depends on how much of an alcho you are. 6 miles aint far hihi

0 miles aint far when you got a fridge full of tinnies hihi
Steevio
Kent wrote:
SlayerBadger! What's your sequencing rig look like?

thats my whole rig in the vid mate.
MikeHulme
Awesome vids mate, and great music too! You're like the Welsh version of Cobblestone Jazz! SlayerBadger!
proturboplus
Killer performance! :-)
infradead
loving all the vids on your channel

you have anythign else online?
Steevio
again guys thanks for the positive comments.

@infradead - no more videos mate, and all my music online was recorded before i started to put the modular together.

ive just cut my first modular vinyl which will be out in the new year worldwide ( which usually means europe and japan these days, dont know if it will make it to the States, there doesnt seem to be much demand for techno vinyl in the US)

it's called boringly Modular Techno Vol 1 on my own label Mindtours (MT13)
its four live jams, two of them quite jazzy the other two more techy

i cut the record with no use of compression or EQ anywhere in the chain, from my desk to the cutting lathe, so its effectively direct modular VCFs to vinyl, but unfortunately via recording a WAV into Soundforge.
my next move is to buy a Studer reel to reel so it is analogue all the way.

oh i forgot, another two jams will be coming out on Michigan based label ReForm in the new year also
infradead
Steevio wrote:
again guys thanks for the positive comments.

@infradead - no more videos mate, and all my music online was recorded before i started to put the modular together.

ive just cut my first modular vinyl which will be out in the new year worldwide ( which usually means europe and japan these days, dont know if it will make it to the States, there doesnt seem to be much demand for techno vinyl in the US)

it's called boringly Modular Techno Vol 1 on my own label Mindtours (MT13)
its four live jams, two of them quite jazzy the other two more techy

i cut the record with no use of compression or EQ anywhere in the chain, from my desk to the cutting lathe, so its effectively direct modular VCFs to vinyl, but unfortunately via recording a WAV into Soundforge.
my next move is to buy a Studer reel to reel so it is analogue all the way.

oh i forgot, another two jams will be coming out on Michigan based label ReForm in the new year also

very cool!
radams
you always look like your having a great time ! Good jams and good vibes !
SunSpots
STEEVIO!!! w00t screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! hyper razz Mr. Green 8_)
YEEAH. I like it Steevio!!! sell me the record!! smile Take my
lilakmonoke
awesome and that comes from a berliner! sounds more miles davis than techno to me. techno is that stupid head banger stuff from the 90s. ... and indeed you should contact with mathew jonson. this would go well with his wagon repair label i think.
rdonker
Awesome. You have invested well young Jedi.
Lem
Steevio wrote:
0 miles aint far when you got a fridge full of tinnies hihi

Someone should bring out a eurorack boozecan holder....
Steevio
SunSpots wrote:
STEEVIO!!! w00t screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! hyper razz Mr. Green 8_)
YEEAH. I like it Steevio!!! sell me the record!! smile Take my

hey sunspots, for a lot less than my record came out today on Juno;

modular techno vol 1 - steevio

but the low rez samples sound horrible on Juno, for good quality mp3 samples here;

modular techno vol 1 - mindtours.co.uk
SunSpots
Steevio, if I order from Mindtours do I get vinyl? I wish I could funk with vinyl still, but I don't have a setup right now. Is the Juno site a download of the low res samples or a download of the high res recording? I figure high res... Your stuff rawks. If I'm ever in that part of the world I'm gonna find your festival and get my boogie on.
dj2sday
wow. very inspirational...

are you using drum modules or just oscillators?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3