MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buckethead
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Buckethead
dkcg
I know he's not synth related, and can be a shredder type guitarist, but lately I'm infatuated with his robot breakdance moves and nunchuck maneuvers.

I saw a clip of him nunchuck in the pick hand playing with just his left hand.
Made me want to stop playing guitar and nunchucking. hihi Rockin' Banana!

Any other Buckethead fans? I only wish he had gotten to play with Zappa... waah

scozbor
Hell yes!! Love buckethead. So fucked up. But also really beautiful...
dkcg
scozbor wrote:
Hell yes!! Love buckethead. So fucked up. But also really beautiful...

I'd only heard him before my youtube binge searching for videos with him. I didn't know he was such a weirdo goofball. Plus seeing him playing some of those weird sounds gave me new respect for him and even rekindled my interest in guitar. One of my favorite videos was him in some lounge/bar in london just standing behind these 2 or 3 "normal" looking guys doing the robot for like 3 minutes. I'd love to know how often he's actually smiling and laughing under that mask as he does what he does.

He rips on the guitar, doesn't seem to want to be known (almost like a weirdo super hero), uses nunchucks, freaky masks, and does the robot inbetween playing the power rangers theme and its a small world. I love this nut! The Chewbacca Defense nuts
rico loverde
Colma is a great mellow album.

I was a huge fan of the band El Stew he was in. It was him, brain from primus on drums, dj disk from the invisible scratch pickles and MIRV. Fucking dope ass shit. Buchethead and Disk would have scratch vs guitar wars. They only did one album but I'd def recommend finding it. Wish they did more. I loved it when he would break out his nunchucks on stage and do a little routine with them....the dude has alien like long ass fingers.
HueMonContact
rico loverde wrote:

I was a huge fan of the band El Stew he was in. It was him, brain from primus on drums, dj disk from the invisible scratch pickles and MIRV. Fucking dope ass shit. Buchethead and Disk would have scratch vs guitar wars. They only did one album but I'd def recommend finding it. Wish they did more. I loved it when he would break out his nunchucks on stage and do a little routine with them....the dude has alien like long ass fingers.

Now you're talking my language! That El Stew lp is really sick!
I think Buckethead is amazing, I love Giant Robot and Colma a lot... those two lps shows that he has some range as an artist.
I also really like Cobra Strike and his Death Cube K work. SlayerBadger!
dkcg
He plays so nutty and weird. Like sounds that shouldn't be coming from a guitar. He does a better job at r2d2 than I've ever get on the buchla.. lol

dkcg
Sounds like he's playing a dx7 or something, but there's an arp2600 just behind him. MY ASS IS BLEEDING

neandrewthal
Funny. I was just wondering when Buckethead would come up.

Kill buttons on guitars are so much fun. I just installed one for a buckethead obsessed friend and now I want my own.

deastman
rico loverde wrote:

Oddly enough, I was just talking to a friend about Buckethead. My friend is good friends with Tim from Primus, and as a result got to spend some time hanging out with Buckethead. Apparently he's a really cool, modest guy, and was very complimentary of Tim and Primus. I'm not a big fan myself, but of course very much in awe of his talent.
skipperdean
i've seen him a few times and he's from outside of atlanta. i've got a pic of him from a newspaper article on an external hd from before he was buckethead and just some kid guitar virtuoso. he's big, all his more recent, custom guitars are all scaled bigger to fit him. pure imagination, star wars.... check out c2b3 and praxis f you haven't. hadn't heard of el stew, like all the ingredients.
essex sound lab
I enjoy Buckethead, particularly his involvement in various Bill Laswell projects.

A lot of the Praxis stuff is really great.
SepticUnderground
dont know much on this buckethead muzak, but I fucking love the Death Cube K (anagram) albums for sure (understatement)
rico loverde
another great one with Buckethead was The Devil Dub Band, I lost my cd years ago and still havent found another. Anyone here got it?

attacksustain
Love this part of buckethead's wikipedia entry..

Quote:
In an interview with Revolver, Ozzy Osbourne stated that he had offered to have Buckethead play guitar in his band at Ozzfest. Ozzy quickly changed his mind after meeting with him, and realizing that Buckethead would not remove his costume to be accepted by Ozzy, said:

"I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me, but only if he got rid of the fucking bucket. So I came back a bit later, and he's wearing this green fucking Martian's-hat thing! I said, 'Look, just be yourself.' He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, 'No one calls me Brian except my mother.' So I said, 'Pretend I'm your mum, then!' I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing fucking mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, 'I've been beamed up'? Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a motherfucker."
rico loverde
attacksustain wrote:
Love this part of buckethead's wikipedia entry..

Quote:
In an interview with Revolver, Ozzy Osbourne stated that he had offered to have Buckethead play guitar in his band at Ozzfest. Ozzy quickly changed his mind after meeting with him, and realizing that Buckethead would not remove his costume to be accepted by Ozzy, said:

"I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me, but only if he got rid of the fucking bucket. So I came back a bit later, and he's wearing this green fucking Martian's-hat thing! I said, 'Look, just be yourself.' He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, 'No one calls me Brian except my mother.' So I said, 'Pretend I'm your mum, then!' I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing fucking mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, 'I've been beamed up'? Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a motherfucker."
thats great!!!! I love that he wouldnt conform.
BubbaMc
Bump for my favourite musician.

What did everyone think of his work on Chinese Democracy?
Chorusguy
His playing in Praxis and especially between 2000-2005 is phenomenal,Chinese Democracy isn't really my jam because i think Axl Rose is kinda annoying but live Buckethead rips!
deepblackjoe@gmail.com
Maybe he will get to play with zappa on this upcoming hologram tour!
proteus-ix
I saw him on tour in 2005? 6? Having been a guitar player and metal fan as a teenager, and a Buckethead / Praxis / All things Bill Laswell fan since '93, I was really excited to see him. Even with such high expectations, he utterly destroyed my brain. I was standing 10 feet away from him, staring at his hands, and I wasn't a bad player at all, but I had absolutely ZERO idea how he was doing what he was doing. He just utterly shredded with both hands for almost 2 hours. The accuracy and dexterity just didn't seem real. Even thinking back on it I can't believe what I saw. I haven't been able to find a vid on YT that really captures it, because he seems to have slowed down in the last 10 years, focusing on more tasty licks than shredding. But it was just totally unreal.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1