MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Make your own SpeakJet Synth with Blacet modules!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Make your own SpeakJet Synth with Blacet modules!

Kent

O.K. I'm kinda just kidding around here; but this MP3 is an almost 100% Blacet show and it sounds like a ghetto FLAME Talking Synth.

I used an LFO from my Vostok (driven by the Blacet Binary Zone) and one of the Vostok oscillators to drive the Blacet Mini-Wave's input. If you are unfamiliar with the operation of the Mini-Wave (MW) it is simply that the MW will follow whatever wave is inserted in its input and then generate the appropriately pitched wave from its various wavetables. So, it needs to see some kind of wave to 'replicate', preferably a sawtooth; although weird things can happen with other wave shapes.

The rest of the main players are:

Binary Zone (driving the whole show)
Mini-Wave (most of what you hear)
Filthy Filtre (being filthy and having its frequency modulated by the Vostok LFO which is being molested by the Binary Zone's inverted output)
Stonz making things sound more 'vocal' and being driven by the same CV as the Filthy Filtre
Multi/Atten attenuating the CV to the Filthy
Bar Graph acting as a splitter for the FF & Stonz CV feed. And making the pretty lights dance.

I played around with the different level-accommodation switches on the BZ & the MW and then the "Pos" vs "Neg" switch on the Stonz at first. It's amazing how differently the MW behaves when you do this. Great stuff. Then there is subtle manipulation of various parameters.

The 2nd MP3 (No Modulation.mp3 The Forum posts them in reversed order.) is what the synth sounds like when there is no modulation present. I then reconnect the CVs to the MW & then to the FF & Stonz. SlayerBadger!

Kwote

cool. i've gotten some crazy voice like stuff using both of my VCS' to modulate a ton of stuff.

the bigger the patch and the weirder the modulation the more it wants to talk to you. usually i'm guessing it's trying to say help

sandyb

very cool Kent!

Kent

hihi The whole point of the exercise was to test some new modules that I bought recently. I just nabbed a Quad VCA (dope!) and the Stonz. Plus I got the Doepfer A-188-2 and A-188-1D delays, a Plan B Model 23 ASR & Model 28 Tap Clock, Tip Top Audio Z5000, ASys RS500E EMS Synthi Filter, Harvestman Tyme Sefari, Zorlon Cannon & Polivoks.

Kind of a mixed review on some of these modules...

parasitk

Kent wrote:

Dare I ask?

sandyb

parasitk wrote:
Kent wrote:

Dare I ask?

spill the beans....

Kwote

sandyb wrote:
parasitk wrote:
Kent wrote:

Dare I ask?

spill the beans....

take the cat outta the bag, reveal the tricks up your sleeve, etc. and so forth..

Kent

I try to be a fair guy; at least when I remember to not be an a-hole. Thus, I'll await manufacturers' (yup, plural...) responses before getting detailed w00t

Let's just say that it comes to down to build quality, quality control, and what I'll call "being suckered [my own damn fault] by product hype". That last one has a lot to do with living in France and not having anywhere to try stuff out in advance. One just has to take a risk and sell on what doesn't strike one's fancy.

futuresoundsystems

Nice patching Kent!!

Soy Sos

Good stuff! I've been able to get some very fun
vocal qualty type of tones using the Malgorithm or A-189-1.

Kent

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the feedback.

Kent

Cat-A-Tonic

Bumping this ancient thread just to show some of the cool vocal stuff that Kent pulled out of the Mini-Wave.

Cat-A-Tonic

Bumping this just to show some of the cool vocal stuff that KEnt pulled out of the Mini-Wave.

mamonu

thumbs up

oljud

Nice sounds!

Kent

zombie Zombie Thread! zombie

Honestly, thanks for the accolades, gents. 2008 seems like a world away.

Bricks

Doctorin' the Tardis SlayerBadger!

djynnx

NICE

wetwetsuit

Yeah man! I've gotten some pretty strange "vocal" results out of the miniwave just messing around.

russma

when I had a Blacet rig, the Miniwave was far and away my favorite module.

And huzzah for necrothreads!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1