MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[Offer] V/Oct to Hz/V and V-trig to S-trig converter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author [Offer] V/Oct to Hz/V and V-trig to S-trig converter

sonicwarrior

Got the PCBs for the Oct/Hz converter from Magnus Danielson and the trigger converter (Doepfer type) today. It's 7 cm x 5 cm. I have only tested it with +/- 15V and don't know if values have to be changed for +/- 12V as I'm not an electrician.
It is meant to use an Hz/V synth with a MIDI/CV converter that doesn't support it or an external V/Oct sequencer or voltage source. The trigger converter is needed to trigger the MS series with a standard voltage trigger as they are using an inverted trigger similar to the Moog switch trigger.

Here is the interest/development thread:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23490

I ordered a second batch of 50 (6 left) and can offer them for 7 Euro each plus shipping.

You can find the documentation including a modified schematic and the board layout here:
English:
http://www.sdiy.de/en/projects/oct-hz-converter.html
German:
http://www.sdiy.de/de/projects/oct-hz-converter.html

Edit: March 19th, 2015: Checking for interest in a new batch. Same price. I'll order when at least 30 PCBs are spoken for/interest has been announced.
bernd.wender x2
bugfight x2
funkymogli x1
fyvewytches x1
SmartBits x1
specna x1
Stides x1
string56 x2
ThecureForSin x2
sequencer.de x16

= 29
(The ones in red haven't responded yet)

sonicwarrior

This is how it looks like when it's stuffed:

Note: I used different trimmers then mentioned in the documentation for P1 and P3 because I had only 50K trimmers in this footprint. P1 is only a voltage divider so that the 50K should work there, too, and P3 is a 10K, so a 50K shouldn't hurt. In the prototype I used a jumper for P3 as it didn't have an effect when I calibrated it with my MS-10. I will test this PCB with my CS-30.

pulse_divider

Is it bidirectional? I.E. can it do Hz-->V and S-->V trig?

sonicwarrior

No, but do you really want to control something else from the bad keyboard of the MS series? Would only make sense if you have an SQ-10 and then I would recommend the full blown Elby designs MS-02 clone:
http://www.elby-designs.com/contents/en-us/p733_ED102_-_Octave-Volts-H ertz.html

sonicwarrior

sonicwarrior wrote:
This is how it looks like when it's stuffed

Unfortunately I can't test it as I forgot to order two OP 07 op amps. d'oh!
And the last time I pulled an IC out of the socket I bent a leg so I'm hesistant to pull the one from the prototype out and put it in here. oops

citric acid

recived my pcb, thanks joachim!

sonicwarrior

Great! Looking forward to hearing it in action. thumbs up

citric acid

can i use this tempco?

/http://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/tempco-resistor-anakeohm-1-3300ppm-x5/

next week , i hope the ms20 mini will arrive.
It's motherfucking bacon yo It's motherfucking bacon yo It's motherfucking bacon yo

sonicwarrior

AFAIK you'll need a 3500 ppm tempco.

sonicwarrior

Bump. I don't want to sit on 31 PCBs so please take them away from me. help

Spacetrader

I can take 4
Post to Australia

citric acid

i think, when the ms20 mini comes out on june, there will be a high request.

p.s. send the money for the tempco this evening. sorry for the delay.

goab

I'm interested but need confirmed 12v-workability. Anyone tried?

citric acid

goab wrote:

no sorry. i have a spare 15v euro frame, so its not a problem for me. but 12v sounds better for me too, but no info till now.

oberkorn

Quote:
goab wrote:

Me too, If we can have 12voltability confirmed, I'm in! razz

bloop

It should work with 12V.

oberkorn

Quote:
It should work with 12V.

OK. for €7 I'm willing to take the chance thumbs up
sonicwarrior, paypalling you later this evening!

sonicwarrior

citric acid wrote:
but 12v sounds better for me too, but no info till now.

There was some information @sequencer.de.
In English:
The only affected point in the schematic is R12 which you can swap out with a 120K resistor if you are not able to calibrate it otherwise but in theory this shouldn't be needed.

This has not been tested yet though.

bloop

I've build me an Eurorack module with this PCB, tested it today and it works absolutely great with my MS20, even with 12V.

gwaidan

Looks good!

oberkorn

Hallo. got my PCB and in the process of building it...
but maybe a stupid question: what are the two FM inputs for?

sonicwarrior

They are just for adding linear FM inputs to Hz/V synths which don't offer them so you probably won't need them on the Korg MS series but it's nice to have for e.g. the Yamaha CS-30.

oberkorn

cool, thanks. I was thinking if I should add those inputs when I make a front panel. but yes why not!

sonicwarrior

20 left, 8 from that are currently reserved.

citric acid

all components are now here. solder work ist almos finished. now i have to put the ic's in and calibrate this. hope to get the calibration work done. this is the only thing in diying where i am a verry big looser wink

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5