MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Need a word on CV
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Need a word on CV

Swann

Hi, I am working on setting up an Arduino with CV outputs. Do most Euro modules work on Doepfer standards?

ie:
-2.5V to 2.5V (LFO)
0V to 8V (ADSR)
0V to 5V (Gate)

Thanks...for your...input... Mr. Green

mdahlstrand

It depends from module to module, some LFOs go from 0-10, others have different ranges. Same goes for envelopes and gates (gates are almost always at least 5V).

When you make your module, just make sure it's "enough", i.e. past 5V if it's a trigger, and enough "resolution" to be usable for envelopes and LFOs. The values you've posted above would work fine, but 10V envelopes and 0-5V LFOs come in handy too. I prefer having a large range that I then can attenuate and offset for precision.

roglok

i prefer to have my LFOs and VCOs output +/-5V and triggers/gates at least +5V. also think about the outside world: you might want to control external instruments that require higher voltages than your modules. as mdahlstrand says, it's easier to attenuate than amplify a signal and i would consider any module that cannot handle a +10V gate at its inputs a flawed design.

Swann

Great, thanks. I was leaning towards a single wide range and putting limits on the soft control, as you mention. We'll see how it works out!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1