MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   SearchSearch   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsNews   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

Silent Way v1.7.0 released - new Sync plug-in
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Silent Way v1.7.0 released - new Sync plug-in

MRTRIP

If I want to use the ES-3 and Silent Way Sync to create midi clock data is this possible?

os

You'd want the ES-5.

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/es5.html

SepticUnderground

I want to add that I can succesfully clock my 5U sequencers and 5U modded RCD/SCDs via the sync plug and a Presonus Firestudio interface.

The divsions on the plugin are very handy just to set a different speed without repatching.

MRTRIP

Thanks for the response I will grab one once its available. Still a little confused how to convert cv into midi via cable adapters.

lanman

EDIT: sorry - this message was meant for another topic. I don't know why it was posted into this topic. I have reposted it into the correct topic.

os wrote:
A little adaptor:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/expertsleepers/6146325129/in/set-72157627 543887181

or just make a minijack-to-DIN cable.

Hi -

What is the wiring for a TRS to DIN cable for use with your Silent Way Sync plugin - using the headphone output of my audio interface to output sync24?

I assume it is a stereo 'minijack' you refer to.
Thanks

lanman

EDIT: No I haven't! Why when I reply in a different topic my reply (with quote) is posted into this topic??

os wrote:
A little adaptor:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/expertsleepers/6146325129/in/set-72157627 543887181

or just make a minijack-to-DIN cable.

Hi -

What is the wiring for a TRS to DIN cable for use with your Silent Way Sync plugin - using the headphone output of my audio interface to output sync24?

I assume it is a stereo 'minijack' you refer to.
Thanks

os

There's a handy diagram here.

lanman

Thats it! Thank you very much.

Milanm

os wrote:
Looping transport support is a known issue (actually, known but forgotten about at the last minute, so thanks for the reminder).

Some hosts don't actually tell plugins that the transport has started until after the start of the first bar, in which case SW Sync will pick up at the second bar. Hadn't noticed that in Cubase though. What version are you running?

So I seem to be seeing this issue using Ableton 8.3.4 with an ES-3

I have just re-downloaded SW 2.0.1 (latest for mac right?) but to no avail.

Anybody got any ideas?

os

Which issue? The looping or the song start?

Milanm

Sorry, that wasn't very clear.

The song start.

When I start Ableton the sync starts on beat 1 of bar 2

os

Yup, Ableton has the issue I mentioned above.

If you're using the AU, try the VST.

Milanm

os wrote:
If you're using the AU, try the VST.

Worked a treat, many thanks!

os

w00t

Don't ask me why Live behaves differently hosting AUs and VSTs.

Milanm

That is very weird.

Working a treat now w00t

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2