MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

advanced dubstep wobble modulation possible on analog?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author advanced dubstep wobble modulation possible on analog?

bouzoukijoe1

anyone know how to do this kind of complex modulation at around 0:21? it sounds like a combination of an LFO and maybe FM and realtime use of a mod wheel? really cool sound.

bouzoukijoe1

forget it - just found a good example using Make Noise Pressure Points

Smooth Operator

If you don´t need it live within one patch, i´d say sample different sounds with different modulation speed and rearrange. Gives more variety and a good flow for sth that works

bouzoukijoe1

good excuse to get an MPC I guess hmmm.....
thanks!

withakay

You could use silent way, either by automating the silent way LFO speed or using the automation in your DAW to control

iVardensphere

bouzoukijoe1 wrote:
forget it - just found a good example using Make Noise Pressure Points

On this video I'm using one pressure points for pitch and the other controlling a vcLFO.

The final result is the bassline in this remix I did.

http://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/track/detail/3020594/hirosh ima+burn+ivardensphere+mix

bouzoukijoe1

nice.

I was playing with some more patches and I came to the conclusion that to get that kind of variety in LFO rates from note to note, I need a LFO with a very wide range of modulation. most LFOs I think are set to narrow ranges so it won't let you jump from low frequency to near-audio rates in rapid succession. though I guess you could prepare multiple LFOs at different ranges and trigger different ones, but you still couldn't sweep that far in a single envelope trigger (unless maybe you layer LFOs - hmm).

I figure since most of this kind of stuff is done in software (Massive?), it's no problem setting many different modulation rates/ranges on the fly. much harder to do with analog gear.

iVardensphere

Exactly! In the video I'm using an oscillator (Cwejman VCO-2RM) as the LFO and a different oscillator (Macbeth Dual) for the audio. Using the Cwejman really opened up the range.

zap32

Hello,

I am French so I hope you understand me, if this is not the case, it is the fault has google translation!

I created the same sort of subject on a French site which most users also squat on muffwigler and it is clear that one can make nasty wobble with modules but it takes quite a bit.

2 people on this link you tried to do a dubstep track with their modular:
http://www.synthe-modulaire.com/t437-tuto-exemple-de-wobble-bass-dubst ep#7457

50quidsoundboy

dubstep was always a software based music - a product of either FruityLoops or NI Massive, depending on who you ask - not sure what the point is of trying to imitate this sound with hardware. seriously, i just don't get it

zap32

We can create a special modular wobble bass.This is what I'm doing but is it expensive and is not the easiest solution, that 's on!

Like that I could make manufacture my wobbles and resampled as in the example of the video. to dubstep with the hardware it requires a lot of synth and a sampler, is more expensive than the software (though given the price of software) but it allows for a different sound of dubstep business and very good for live.

avinopsv

50quidsoundboy wrote:
dubstep was always a software based music - a product of either FruityLoops or NI Massive, depending on who you ask - not sure what the point is of trying to imitate this sound with hardware. seriously, i just don't get it

because they fuckin want to.

SlayerBadger!

that being said I fucking hate dubstep. it's just so grating to me.

bodo

I'm not into dubstep at all either, but sometimes it's nice to find out just how sounds are made, techniques that can be used elsewhere.

The combo Pressure Points & Pingable Envelope Generator is a great way to make all kind of wobbly sounds, made a quick shakey demo:

Protocol

Must get peg

dogoftears

The first thing i did with my peg was make a self generating wobble bass patch with the anti osc as a joke. But then it turned out to sound so friggin fat i had to use the patch in a track. Im so ashamed...

bodo

^ haha same here, I couldn't care less for wobbles really, but it does have its place I suppose.

h4ndcrafted

Case is wobbling just as much as the bass 8_)

joel1088

I thought Dubsteppers were too "I do everything with my Macbook" to want to use analog gear... eek!

h4ndcrafted

joel1088 wrote:
I thought Dubsteppers were too "I do everything with my Macbook" to want to use analog gear... eek!

If it ain't Massive and Sylenth, it ain't Dubstep razz

mono-poly

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26828&postdays=0&pos torder=asc&highlight=wobblist&start=60

dogoftears

joel1088 wrote:

naw naw, if it's a MOOG VOYAGER then it's aight.

cycles

FWIW, a lot of the crazy modulation in drum & bass is done with a lot of individual samples (separate) that are chained together. Just like people don't get these sounds out of a single Massive patch, I think if you want to make these sounds in modular, you'll also be limiting yourself. Check out:

Skip to 6:40

Also, Filter Bank screaming goo yo

revtor

Cool video /\ - shows you that nothing can replace time and effort!

zap32

[quote="bodo"]I'm not into dubstep at all either, but sometimes it's nice to find out just how sounds are made, techniques that can be used elsewhere.

thumbs up

zap32

With an ES-3, I think there are ways to have fun.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2