MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

internal sync issues with LZX sync gen
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author internal sync issues with LZX sync gen
alexwhite
Hi,
Just started an video synth with some lzx modules - still waiting on the waveform generators to become available but have started playing with audio range oscillators and an old test oscillator.

I had a look around but couldn't find a post with a similar issue. With the sync generator set to internal sync the image still seems very unstable - ie my monitor keeps losing the signal if I present a blank screen. I thought I would try using the colour bar outputs from the sync gen but even these are very unstable.

Is this a user error? Any help appreciated!

cheers Alex
lizlarsen
Can you post a picture of what's happening? This sounds like it may be more of a problem with the Color Video Encoder. On the back of this module there is a small green trimmer -- try adjusting that with a small flathead screwdriver to see if it solves the issue.
alexwhite
I turned it on and then off this morning and its all super stable - I hadn't changed anything! I'll post a video if it occurs again. Even without the waveform generators this is already a lot of fun!
lizlarsen
That sounds like the crystal on the encoder having trouble starting up -- definitely mess with that trimmer next time it happens and you shouldn't have any more issues. Glad you're having fun!!!
alexwhite
Ok will try that if it occurs again. Any word on when the WFG and matrix's will be available again?
Matos
I'm waiting with baited breath. Lars said the vwg are almost ready. A few weeks at most I believe.
lizlarsen
Should be shipping VWGs to AH on Monday. My assembly tech has 30 done as of today (we are shipping 40) and I'll be testing and boxing them all weekend. And VBMs are all already in boxes, I've just been waiting to ship the two batches together.
Matos
oh yeah! I'm not ballin enough to grab a vbm just yet. But a vwg this month and hopefully one next month should sufficiently fry my retinas.
alexwhite
Excellent news!
alexwhite
The issue occurred again - I recorded as I tried to calibrate with the green screw, I noticed when I did get it almost stable and then switched off and on again it would lose its calibration. Strangely it seemed to fix itself again 30 mins later.

You can see in the video it will be almost stable but still jump aropund. The sync gen was set to internal sync.

lizlarsen
That's definitely not right. Are all the cables inserted firmly into their sockets?

What case are you using and is it already full of modules? If so, unplug everything except the CVE & VSG modules and see if you see anything different.
lizlarsen
By cables above, I meant the power & sync cables, not the patch cables.
alexwhite
hey - i'll check the cables when I get home - I am running tiptop Zeus power boards, that case only has a few modules in it - the sync gen, colour video encoder and a triple fader are the only modules running from one 1.2 amp board. Power is a 2.4 amp to both boards.
lizlarsen
Should be good, then, power-wise, but I'd try maybe switching the modules over to the other powered busboard just to see. This is a really weird issue. So when it's happening, nothing you do makes it stop? Worst case scenario here, I'll ask you to send the CVE+VSG back to me to test them and try to replicate the problem here, and do whatever fixing/replacing needs to be done.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1