MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mopho + Tetra?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Mopho + Tetra?
newgreyarea
Anyone using these together as one?
It looks to me that I'd have to use 4 channels on my mixer to be able to do this. Is there a more elegant solution?
Seems silly. WOuld much rather have some sort of internal upgrade.
-b
cillianjohn
AFAIK there's already a chaining functionality built in. So if you chain them together you have a 5 voice poly-synth. Check out Dave Smiths own video intro to the mopho keyboard on you tube. He talks about the chaining up a tetra with mopho near the end of the video.
newgreyarea
I thought the chain function was just for controller info. It would be awesome if it did audio as well.
CF3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaWWLuR4a38
newgreyarea
Bummer, looks like you have to plug them both in to separate channels. Total lack of foresight on DSI's part.
newgreyarea
Have any of you seen some sort of 4 to 2 summing cable type thing? Just trying to avoid having to use 4 mono channels to get one stereo, then set all the levels and panning and Aux's to the exact same settings. Seems so clumsy!
aksen
you can just use both of them as mono sound devices - my tetra is only using a single mono channel, just for space reasons.
1986Bowler
Yep, it's a bit of razors/ blades marketing on DSI's part, but if you want more voices, that's the sacrifice to be made. Or just buy one with more...

I do like using my Mopho and Tetr4 together- I suppose I'd have to mix them to get two channels for recording... just haven't bothered thus far.
Blairio
I have been using my Mopho Keyboard & Tetr4 together for years as a 5 voice poly synth.

I run both in stereo through a compact stereo Pulse Linemix 3s mixer, which is quiet and very compact - the size of a stomp-box. The mixer is active (powered) and can take up to 3 stereo inputs as 1/4 inch jack pairs.

http://www.visiosound.co.uk/pa-live-sound-c35/mixers-c77/pulse-linemix 3s-3ch-compact-stereo-line-mixer-p1146

You need the mixer not just to combine the two sets of stereo outputs, but also to balance the two machines against each other. From memory the Mopho Keyboard has a 'hotter output than the Tetr4. If you don't do this balancing, then one of your 5 voice pool will always sound louder than the rest.

That said, I balanced the inputs once when I first set the wee mixer up around 6 years ago, and I have not had to touch it since.

My plan is one day to pick up another Tetr4 2nd hand. That will give me a 9 voice pool.
oscilloscope
Blairio wrote:
I have been using my Mopho Keyboard & Tetr4 together for years as a 5 voice poly synth.

I run both in stereo through a compact stereo Pulse Linemix 3s mixer, which is quiet and very compact - the size of a stomp-box. The mixer is active (powered) and can take up to 3 stereo inputs as 1/4 inch jack pairs.

http://www.visiosound.co.uk/pa-live-sound-c35/mixers-c77/pulse-linemix 3s-3ch-compact-stereo-line-mixer-p1146

You need the mixer not just to combine the two sets of stereo outputs, but also to balance the two machines against each other. From memory the Mopho Keyboard has a 'hotter output than the Tetr4. If you don't do this balancing, then one of your 5 voice pool will always sound louder than the rest.

That said, I balanced the inputs once when I first set the wee mixer up around 6 years ago, and I have not had to touch it since.

My plan is one day to pick up another Tetr4 2nd hand. That will give me a 9 voice pool.

Absolutely ! thumbs up
Another option is to use one of the small and very inexpensive Behringer mixers.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1