MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Working on fixing the 'session logged out' issue - please log out and log back in as there is a new cookie name. It MAY be worse for a while, sorry. We'll see... I'm working on it. Thanks

Duofonik dual SSM2044 board and euro adapter.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]

Would you want a dual SSM2044 board?
yes, I have some SSM2044s sitting waiting for something!
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
ye,s but only if I could get tested non fake SSM2044s for it.
53%
 53%  [ 33 ]
Yes, and Ill find the SSM2044s myself.
16%
 16%  [ 10 ]
No, thank you.
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 62

Author Duofonik dual SSM2044 board and euro adapter.

Neutron7

I got shipping notification:) pics as soon as i get them!

hpsounds

I'm a bit late on this thread ... and new to SDIY. I've just built 2 Mutable Instruments Shruthi-1 and want to do more now.

hyper

Is it too late for one PCB + 2 SSM2044 ?

Hédi K.

Neutron7

After they arrive and are tested i will make a thread with purchase instructions.

hpsounds

Thanks for your quick answer ! thumbs up

Hédi K.

meatcliff

i'll keep an eye out for this new thread as well, i'll want 1 pcb, no chips.

synaptech

In for one and two SSM2044s if any are left! we're not worthy

Neutron7

Some boards came in

The only mistakes i found were A and B outputs got mixed up,
They made the holes a little bigger then i expected, but its still easy to build.
there is an error on the board by the output A amplifier. it can be fixed by shorting out C9 with a jumper. (on the off chance that the amp goes unstable, you can solder the c9 capacitor across u2 pin 13 and 14.)

here is the prototype for my version of "all options"
(you could do it with more jacks and no switches if you wanted)

and here is the MOTM panel for "all options"

Ill be setting up a buying page as soon as i make some examples, maybe a video, and double check my schematic, BOM etc (and figure out how to set up a buying page)

Dego

It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners Cool. Looking forward to hear it This is fun!

Neutron7

Here are a couple of quick demos so far

some sweeps with various tweakings, you can hear some are more traditional, while some have highpass and bandpass components. Ill redo this one, my converter got overloaded on the low sounds.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/neutron7/neutron-duofonik-sweeps-8[/s]

sort of traditional synth sound. just one oscillator.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/neutron7/demo1[/s]

frozenkore

Sounds great! hyper

Neutron7

and another one smile I am really liking this thing.

In this one you can hear it fade from high pass to band pass to low pass a couple of times, various self and cross modulations of the 2 filters and some self oscillation

a bit of distortion(besides the wanted distortion of the filter itself) seems to be happening because the signal is sometimes too hot for my converter. this module especially can sometimes get a really hot output because of the way it cancels and boosts at various frequencies.

ill make n optional component change which will keep it at a more reasonable output level

sequencer = cirklon + CVIO
vco = teezer
vca = Oakley triple vca
ADSR = MFOS

I was using a delay when it was recorded scope "pattern delay" on xite-1

[s]http://soundcloud.com/neutron7/demo2[/s]

fonik

fonik wrote:
hey, if i had not two ssm2044 in my system already, i would buy two PCBs myself...

nonsense.
you brought this filter to the next level! and i want one!

Neutron7

and yet another one

this time with the filter A and B controlled by different CV sequences at the same time, still just one oscillator, VCA and volume ADSR

Same equipment as above, but as well as the CV for the oscillator, the cirklon is sequencing 2 additional CVs for the filter.

this time i attenuated the output so there is less distortion.

[s]http://soundcloud.com/neutron7/demo4[/s]

Paradigm X

Are there spares?

hyper

Cheers

Ben

Neutron7

The purchasing buttons are now at the bottom of the page here.
http://neutron-sound.com/duofonik.html

type MUFFS741 in paypal message and get a $5 refund on boards

Dego

Paid! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!

marvkaye

Paid for 2 thumbs up thumbs up

negativspace

Paid... I'm such a filter whore. Dead Banana

diaperjim

How much for a complete finsished Neutron7 Filter.......?
And I want to know if I can use this in Scopes Modular somehow.
I am willing to pay for these services, and any assistance in my quest for true analog filters, using Digital Oscillators...

Neutron7

go away jimmyV smile

ill make a scope version for the scope modular4 as soon as i get the new SDK6

it will be just as quirky and cool but free! and even have dialable inable "capacitor error"

diaperjim

No Way Jose............
But I am waiting anxiously for a great Filter in Scope Modular.
They just can't get that juicy analog flavor.
But if anyone can do it U can.......

Neutron7

how is the SSM filter in your solaris? i expect it is modeled with all the capacitors and op amps being exactly the same with no variation so it sounds close, but not quite right.

the op amps and capacitors are all a little different, and the filter IC also has a DC offset which the DSP would not have. everything adds up.

In scope i could make a filter that was a bit more real, but to really do it right i would have to be able to open their SSM model which has a lot of the transistor/op amp sound done.

diaperjim

With all due respect to JB, Klaus Piehl and him did a wonderful job, but the MM FIlter and Tube FIlter are the action.
I would ask JB for one those DIY diagrams and look at those as they are truly unique and special. The CEM and SSM, even the Obie and Mini are really nice, but pale next to the JBowen MM and Tube beasts.
Maybe they nullify, I am not sure....

reve

Neutron7 wrote:
Re: poly module.

with the resonance, you would have to omit the "fake antilog" resistor on 3 of the boards.

Okay, jolly good. I've ordered. Just to doublecheck my stupids, we're talking about R24, right?

Neutron7

actually for a+b it is r69,(and you can omit r68 as well) r24 is the correct resistor, but just for "a"

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 2 of 5