MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Cluster equipment in Cluster II?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Cluster equipment in Cluster II?
themanthatwasused
Cluster- Cluster II

I have been jamming this album this past week, and I'm really curious to know what equipments did they used in recording this masterpiece.
A couple of searches yielded nothing, cluster being a common byword for something else. Could anyone here help me with this information will be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance! applause
denim dan
here is a picture that may help. this is with harmonia in 1973/4, but i'd imagine there was a lot of "shared" gear between kluster cluster and harmonia.

pas
i don't have my copy here w/ me, but i think i remember a pretty good close-up of the duo live in the liner notes, it's either in II or zuckerzeit, idk, but that harmonia picture above is pretty close to the one i'm referring to w/ maybe some extra test oscillators & additional odds 'n ends.
magneticweb
the original brain pressing has a good gear shot in the gatefold, but it looks like a bunch of test oscillators and EQ.

when i retardedly asked Rodelius "what synths did you use?" in 2008 he replied by telling me it was mainly organs w/drum machine with racks of EQs.

just listened a few times this week as well, used to love "zuckerzeit" most, but leaning to this one more and more.
themanthatwasused
Thanks for all the reply guys.
There is a video floating around in youtube, showing off they're gear circa Kluster era:

I was thinking more of a breakdown on how they utilize those scopes to create those beautiful tones. As a newbie I'm amazed how they got these sounds that they got from the test equipments.
Just dizzy
m0n0mania
I think all the pics in that video are from Cluster era rather than Kluster. No Conny for one thing.
abstraktor
m0n0mania wrote:
I think all the pics in that video are from Cluster era rather than Kluster. No Conny for one thing.

Conny produced both Kluster and Cluster
m0n0mania
Meant Conny Schitzler...
abstraktor
ah.... 8_)
Black A4
I know they were very fond of the drummer one unit.
Kalerne
themanthatwasused
^^^
Thanks!
I have actually watched this clip twice before you posted and I watched it in full this time thanks to your post.
They just mentioned Ciello, Tone generators, and keyboards.
Interesting sounds from seemingly simple machines.
doombient.music
themanthatwasused wrote:

It is hard to make simple machines sound interesting.

It is very easy to make complex machines sound boring.

Stephen
Kalerne
Those bands are so inspiring. I love (re)discovering old things from that period. we're not worthy
Heathfinnie
magneticweb wrote:
just listened a few times this week as well, used to love "zuckerzeit" most, but leaning to this one more and more.

I was always most fond of Sowiesoso. Has such an organic quality while still sound electronic and otherworldly.
jensenluxvid
Zuckerzeit is timeless. Great band.
ianbortolotti
Cluster necrobumps are my favourite kind of necrobumps! nanners
Peake
doombient.music wrote:
themanthatwasused wrote:

It is hard to make simple machines sound interesting.

It is very easy to make complex machines sound boring.

Stephen

thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1