WMD Geiger Counter is a NOISE SYNTH!

Discussing gear, production, and ideas for making noise music. Enough JMJ, let's rock like Merzbow!

Moderators: luketeaford, lisa, Kent, Joe.

droolmaster0

Post by droolmaster0 » Fri May 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Hey - what think you of the sleepdrone? I've heard good things about it, but the demos didn't make it seem very interesting.

suboptimal
A Towering Mediocrity

Post by suboptimal » Fri May 22, 2009 1:54 pm

I've been slammed by work since getting it, so I've not put it through its full paces yet. So far my feeling is it's just ok, but I've not had a chance to play with the individual outputs, which I expect is the real source of pleasure.

droolmaster0

Post by droolmaster0 » Fri May 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Well, post about it when you have more of a chance. I really like the LBB - this just doesn't look to me like it will add that much to the party. But I am strongly attracted to the Dementia....

Cybananna
Funniest Guy

Post by Cybananna » Fri May 22, 2009 2:36 pm

Cool demo video...now I want one! :cthulhu:

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

Post by dkcg » Fri May 22, 2009 3:10 pm

It's got CV control of the bitrate and sampling rate (only one CV input tho)
You could get similar sounds with some sort of gain, a miniwave and a malgorythm, since the gieger counter is a bit crusher, preamp/distortion, wavetable um...device.

I have a feeling he'll be making some really cool things in the future. The envelope follower WMD makes is also very nice for bass and guitar (and I bet drum mechs too).

boner
1-Post Wiggler

Post by boner » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:18 am

I'm very curious about this Geiger Counter. Need to see/hear more (yeah I've gone thru all the samples).

opsysbug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by opsysbug » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:14 pm

Yea it's REALLY cool ! I have it and the Bugbrand and Squarewaveparade Crushers. All are great but it is the MEANEST !
...and coming as a Euro module soon yes ?

Return to “Synth Noise”