MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Who wants a 259e?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]

Are you in for a Buchla 259e?
Yes
82%
 82%  [ 34 ]
No
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 41

Author Who wants a 259e?
felix
Carrying this over from the 200e list, where several requests have been made to resurrect the 259e, but it would require at least 25+ people who were interested for it to come about. Serious inquiries only. And chime in below so it's known who you are if you vote yes.

Preferably this wouldn't be a debate on the merits of the 259e, let's start a separate thread regarding that if people are curious.

I'm throwing my hat in.
Malekko
ding! w00t
prscrptn
I am interested in purchasing two of these modules......
brandon daniel
Sure, I'll take one, so long as you're buying ;0)
dougcl
Any idea what the price will be?
prscrptn
I believe the price is the same as the 261e - $1400 ea.
dougcl
Well holy crap I guess I'm in.
amnesia
Hi Felix

Have you bought a Buchla? I remember last year you were looking at either Buchla or Serge.

I ended up selling my complete euro system, and so glad I did.

Once you go Buchla you never go back :-)

If you can get Mark Verbos to make you a 258v I highly recommend it...

My Buchla now consists of 4 osc...259e,261e,and 2x 258v

Next purchase will be a secret module being made by someone and the 222e :-)

Then I can start on the second cabinet :-)
felix
amnesia wrote:
Have you bought a Buchla? I remember last year you were looking at either Buchla or Serge.

Nope, but it's still a possibility and this might be the last opportunity to actually pick up a 259e.[/quote]
ignatius
i voted yes but only if you can squeeze one into frac format w/all banana connections for half the price Guinness ftw!
sascha.victoria
I've been thinking for a long time about getting 4 Buchla modules and doing a laptop / volta set up with them. If the 259e came back I'd happily start with that one.
felix
ignatius wrote:
i voted yes but only if you can squeeze one into frac format w/all banana connections for half the price Guinness ftw!

No, this is simply for offering the Buchla 259e again, if only for a limited run to those interested.

Please do not vote yes (or just don't vote at all) if you're after something different. This is simply to keep track of folks interested since some may not be on the 200e yahoo list.
Kent
No vote yet.

What would be the estimated delivery date and how difficult would one be to use (power supply, etc) outside of a Buchal Boat?
felix
Kent wrote:
No vote yet.

What would be the estimated delivery date and how difficult would one be to use (power supply, etc) outside of a Buchal Boat?

Probably at least 4 months, which I think is the current quoted delivery time. You would need some kind of Buchla Boat (unless someone knows of another way).

For some back story, the topic of bringing back the 259e came up on the 200e list about a month back and someone from B&A (maybe it was Don himself) said that it wouldn't be worth putting out a run unless 25 or more people were interested.

Obviously several people on the list did, and they were sort of keeping track of who else was on their own, but someone mentioned it might be a good idea to start a poll here on the Muff Forum (was that you kkonkrete?). Makes sense since there's a consistent place to tally it, and those interested who might not be on the 200e list could weigh in as well.

There's no other special circumstances other than that. No kits, different formats, etc. Just putting the 259e back into production, if only for a limited run of >25.

I would assume it would be mainly current Buchla owners who would be interested. I'm interested because I may develop a Buchla collection and because this might be the last chance to land a 259e, aside from finding it used someday.
xpander
i would say minimally 3 months but probably longer assuming he's got to have some new boards fabricated/populated and plates screened before they get to the manual labor. hopefully i'll see don tomorrow, i'll ask him some questions since it seems inevitable that there will be enough interest to make it worth their effort.

a buchla boat is not necessary, i've seen 200e modules rack-mounted.

felix
xpander wrote:
a buchla boat is not necessary, i've seen 200e modules rack-mounted.

Those are the individual boats, with rack ears, are they not?

The boats are available in 2, 4, and 6 panel (4 being the rack width one), or as cases. The 12 panel case is 3x 4 panel boats, and the 18 is 3x the 6 panel, both arranged in that sexy folding case.
http://www.buchla.com/series200e_pricelist.html
xpander
never occurred to me- that seems pretty shallow for the boats but it definitely makes sense.

believe it or not my little starter system has been finished for weeks and i haven't had time to pick it up yet! but i have tomorrow off... Mr. Green
felix
xpander wrote:
never occurred to me- that seems pretty shallow for the boats but it definitely makes sense.

believe it or not my little starter system has been finished for weeks and i haven't had time to pick it up yet! but i have tomorrow off... Mr. Green

Awesome!!! Congrats, I'm sure you'll have a long night ahead of you. w00t
xpander
ha- thanks! you'll have to drop by & check it out. i bought volta, too, it should arrive on tuesday according to fedex tracking.
citizen mori
felix wrote:
Those are the individual boats, with rack ears, are they not?

yes, they are, they even have the power and preset interconnects running between the boats. that photo shows what is essentially a 201e WL-12 with rack ears instead of wood endcaps, opened flat and racked. there is also a lovely easel hiding in that photograph.

the e-series buchla boats are quite shallow. the middle boat in all cabinets (and in this configuration) is a bit deeper. a bit.
indexofmetals
I would take one. I'd probably get two of the 4 boats and eventually a 3rd. I'd also be hoping to get a 258v or two
sandyb
ah hell - a few years in advance of when i saw myself doing this but...

+1 on the yes vote.

sandy
Kent
Sandy, youze one crazy mofo! SlayerBadger!
thx1138
yes i will happily deposit real cash on one .......

felix wrote:
Carrying this over from the 200e list, where several requests have been made to resurrect the 259e, but it would require at least 25+ people who were interested for it to come about. Serious inquiries only. And chime in below so it's known who you are if you vote yes.

Preferably this wouldn't be a debate on the merits of the 259e, let's start a separate thread regarding that if people are curious.

I'm throwing my hat in.
ndkent
Yes, I'd be interested though I'd like to know particulars regarding the window of coming up with the money and how long a wait. Also I know Don says things like 3 or 4 months but in reality I've not seen that happen yet though modules eventually do show up.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4