MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Power n stuff
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Power n stuff

withakay

So the fuse just blew in my Doepfer LC-9. Mixed feelings a when a fuse goes, on the one hand it probably just saved all my modules, on the other hand I don't have any spares!

Anyway, the LC-9 has a 1200mA PSU, but takes a 400mA fuse, why is that?

Also, does anyone have a clue what the power draw from the the Livewire AFG and Vulcan Modulator are, can't find that info anywhere.

Without the Livewire modules I am at about 600mA so with my 1200mA PSU I thought I would be well within my limits.

I don't get much time to play with my modular and when I do this very frustrating

WMDevices

Quote:
Anyway, the LC-9 has a 1200mA PSU, but takes a 400mA fuse, why is that?

The fuse is on the input side (120V) and the maximum draw from the wall is 400mA. You gain current as the voltage is lowered inside a transformer.

Sounds like you might have a short circuit. If you have a multimeter, check the resistance of the power rails (+12 and -12) to ground. Make sure the rack is off when you do this. If the resistance is very low, <100 ohms, then there is probably a short. Unplug modules one at a time to find it.

Mono Recalcitrante

I have an AFG and Vulcan in a Doepfer case too. I also have a 1200mA PSU and 3 rows full of modules (including the Livewires). I also blew the fuse once, it happend while I was swaping some modules, replaced it with another 400mA fuse and everything has been fine since.

I do not know what the power draw from the Livewires is, but I think you should be fine with 600mA plus the Livewires....

Replace the fuse and see...

Have Luck!

rtopia

withakay wrote:

Also, does anyone have a clue what the power draw from the the Livewire AFG and Vulcan Modulator are, can't find that info anywhere.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1486&start=40

AFG (both cables attached): 120ma
Dalek Modulator: 70ma
Dual Cyclotron: 50ma
Dual Bissell Generator: 20ma
Frequensteiner: 20ma
Vulcan Modulator: 70ma

automaton

rtopia wrote:
withakay wrote:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1486&start=40

AFG (both cables attached): 120ma
Dalek Modulator: 70ma
Dual Cyclotron: 50ma
Dual Bissell Generator: 20ma
Frequensteiner: 20ma
Vulcan Modulator: 70ma

Oh oh! But what about the Chaos Computer? wink

withakay

Thank you guys for all your responses, very, very helpful as always!

One thing I love about Muffs is that no-one ever really gets flamed and there are no trolls to speak of, just helpful and friendly people thumbs up

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1