MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

fuck vintage!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author fuck vintage!
richard
just sayin'...
chinard
fuck mary tyler mooore!!!
cv slime 800
Mature BBW?

EDIT: Poster's regret, this is not Modular Synth General Discussion.
decaying.sine
Fuck fuck fuck fuck, fuck fuck fuck
Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck
Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck

Fuck me, fuck me
Fuck you, fuck you, fuck everyone
Fuck the church, fuck Jesus
Fuck Mary

Fuck the Jews, fuck the Buddhists
Fuck the Hindus, fuck George Bush
Fuck his ugly wife, fuck Tipper Gore
Fuck everyone, fuck Gorbachev
Fuck Noriega, fuck all these assholes

Fuck you, fuck me, fuck all of you
Stigmata, stigmata, stigmata, stigmata
Stigmata, stigmata, stigmata

They told me nothing but lies
Lies, lies, lies, lies, lies
Lies, lies, lies, lies, lies
Lies, lies, lies, lies
polyroy
Richard is just frustrated the he got outbid on the $500 Moog multiple.
chinard
polyroy wrote:
Richard is just frustrated the he got outbid on the $500 Moog multiple.

Ah right..
i won that auction and i am converting it to banana format!
metasonix
decaying.sine wrote:
Fuck the Jews, fuck the Buddhists
Fuck the Hindus, fuck George Bush
Fuck his ugly wife, fuck Tipper Gore
Fuck everyone, fuck Gorbachev

Don't forget to fuck the 80s. Mr. Green
sunnyb
ya fuck analog too! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
ryandfl
Yeah! Sell all of your vintage gear at the worthless price that it is to me!
consumed
word to your mother
CJ Miller
There is a lot of vintage hype which I think is based on a certain time and place, or particular use by a certain artist. It is really tough how the bottom fell completely out on analog synths to being landfill, to rare and expensive boutique items. But IMO today is the pinnacle of the synthesizer. There is more gear, which is more powerful, for less money, than there has ever been.

If people just want to spend thousands of dollars on an old synth because it is vintage and assume that it is automatically better in some mystical way, it makes me skeptical. I'd say they were not aware of what is out there now, or how they could use it.

For example, only one time I got to sit down and play with a legendary Moog modular system, and the euphoria quickly wore off as I realized it was not inspiring me at all. Knowing about how great Dr. Moog was and the historical significance of his instruments did not change that. It was just not well suited to how I make my (admittedly - lame) music.

Once collectible value exceeds artistic value to me, I am no longer interested in it
rico loverde
@decaying.sine...

That is seriously one of my all time favorite parts of a song. Fuck i love that! I love the waay he says " fuck all these assholes"
Nelson Baboon
I fucked Hitler's mother.
Dirk95100
I´m thinking of selling my Roland System 100 (101&102). But what can I get in return that has the same functionality and sound quality?
2 vco´s, 2 vcf´s, 2 vca´s, 2 envelopes, Sample and hold, ring modulator, lfo´s, keyboard and all pretty high quality.
I´m better off sticking with the system 100 as replacing it will cost more.

But if someone wants it for 3 grand its sold.
construct09
Still want a putney or AKS though...
polyroy
Dirk95100 wrote:
I´m thinking of selling my Roland System 100 (101&102). But what can I get in return that has the same functionality and sound quality?
2 vco´s, 2 vcf´s, 2 vca´s, 2 envelopes, Sample and hold, ring modulator, lfo´s, keyboard and all pretty high quality.

Don't sell it.
CJ Miller
polyroy wrote:
Dirk95100 wrote:

Don't sell it.

Agreed. Point being that they are not (IMO) worth $3000. But for you they don't need to be. You already have them. If you want the same functionality and sound quality, there it is.
Dirk95100
CJ Miller wrote:
polyroy wrote:
Dirk95100 wrote:

Don't sell it.

Agreed. Point being that they are not (IMO) worth $3000. But for you they don't need to be. You already have them. If you want the same functionality and sound quality, there it is.

Yes, it just does not make sense to sell it unless an idiot offers serious cash.
CursedFrogurt
Nelson Baboon wrote:

eek! Dad!?
CJ Miller
Dirk95100 wrote:
CJ Miller wrote:
polyroy wrote:
Dirk95100 wrote:

Don't sell it.

Yes, it just does not make sense to sell it unless an idiot offers serious cash.

Nahh... Cash is only symbolic. Your synth is real! It's like if somebody said: "CJ, if you give me your nice new computer - I will in return give you magical social mojo which results in power over others" I file this offer away with the other caveman communications I get. Only way to grow up is to get past mammalian instincts for property, territory, social status, etc. That's what the zoo is for!
digital_steve
Nelson Baboon wrote:

Score.
Well played sir
Dirk95100
CJ Miller wrote:
Dirk95100 wrote:
CJ Miller wrote:
polyroy wrote:
Dirk95100 wrote:

Don't sell it.

Nahh... Cash is only symbolic. Your synth is real! It's like if somebody said: "CJ, if you give me your nice new computer - I will in return give you magical social mojo which results in power over others" I file this offer away with the other caveman communications I get. Only way to grow up is to get past mammalian instincts for property, territory, social status, etc. That's what the zoo is for!

But I´m human. And everything worthwhile humans have ever achieved is because of childish behavior.
Is the zoo really that bad , can we escape it? Do we want to escape it? Can we use it as entertainment? Who is the father of CursedFrogurt?
monads
"screw vintage and analog! long live software!!!"

sell your vintage crap to me. i'll give you for all of it! it's crap anyway...second thought that's way too much. Make it $45.
KNYST
CursedFrogurt wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:

eek! Dad!?

lol lol lol
analogueheart
This is a funny thread applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 1 of 9