MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Understanding the voltage/octave ranges on MOTU interfaces..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Author Understanding the voltage/octave ranges on MOTU interfaces..
sydilaxe
I was looking at the voltage and octave ranges of the various interfaces in the PDF that Stretta posted. It is a little confusing as to what interfaces have acceptable ranges. I have an opportunity to pick up a MOTU Ultralite MK1 fairly cheap, and I am thinking of snagging it for use with Volta. Will this adequately handle +-5v range on my Modcan system? I don't plan to use it for Midi note data, just ramp automation.
1nput0utput
According to the chart, you can get 7V peak-to-peak (±3.5V) from the main outputs and the back panel analog outputs on the original UltraLite. That would mean 7 octaves of tracking from a V/octave frequency CV input.
networkacid
Where is this chart located please? I have seen it many months ago but now can't find it?
doctorvague
Yeah, I PM'd him and asked about posting that chart and he replied something along the line of MOTU didn't want it published IIRC. If it is public (and it should be IMO) let's get it stickied for sure. That's good info and VERY helpful pre-buy info. Couldn't for the life of me figure out why they would keep that a secret.
networkacid
Hmmmm. Well, if anyone PM'd me a link or emailed it to me on richardmacumber at the underlined bit dot com, I wouldn't publish it.
networkacid
networkacid wrote:
if anyone PM'd me a link

Thank you thumbs up

And thank you nanners
Analog>Plugins
You mean this one? It's on the web which is where I got this one from. Why on earth would they want that kept secret?

Surely they don't want people making bad purchase decisions?
doctorvague
Analog>Plugins wrote:
Why on earth would they want that kept secret?
Surely they don't want people making bad purchase decisions?

Doesn't make any sense, does it??
I've been a MOTU customer for many many years. They've always been secretive like that and are well-known for it amongst their user base. Customers don't like it (I'm on MOTUnation everyday too and can attest to this - it's brought up all the time) but MOTU must have their reasons (I guess). hmmm.....
As I understand it, it's a privately held company and they definitely do things their own way. Probably enough said...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Page 1 of 1