MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Earthquaker Devices Rainbow Machine
dkcg
Anyone have one?
Looks fun, unlike any delay outside of patching one up.

Double rainbow could be sick (or a big smeary mess).
Kent
What does it mean?!!!! lol

We need a fuckin' Double-Rainbow smilie in a bad way.
visible cow
Wow, that's cool. I've heard good things about their pedals, I'm particularly interested in the sea machine chorus.
nrdvrgr
Imagine this setup:

(any instrument) + EHX Ravish Sitar pedal + Rainbow Machine
skipperdean
ni guitar rig has something very similar.
machetemirage
nrdvrgr wrote:
Imagine this setup:

I imagined this as well! Rockin' Banana! Dead Banana
Cat-A-Tonic
It sounds like it has some common ground with the Eventide PitchFactor.
DIVINEAUDIO
i was just looking at that today. sure beats the hell out of the boss pitch shifter i used to own.
James Mandible
Everything about this looks like fun. Gonna have to get me one I think, even the price is pretty sweet for what you get.
dkcg
James Mandible wrote:
Everything about this looks like fun. Gonna have to get me one I think, even the price is pretty sweet for what you get.

It's about $100 less than I expected. I'm pedalled out for the rest of the year tho. And why the hell did nrdvrgr have to mention the ravish through the rainbow machine....that sounds like something I wanna hear. And I had just forgotten about the sitar pedal too. d'oh!

Someone buy it and show off for us, please! lol
nrdvrgr
I second that - someone please do it so we do not have to... ( err... no logic to that statement)
MrDys
I've had my eye on this one. The CV (expression pedal) input is nice as well. We'll see what Christmas brings...
MindMachine
nrdvrgr wrote:
Imagine this setup:

Toss in a Wow and Flutter.
MrDys
EQD is running a 24hr sale on their website right now. The Rainbow Machine is at $185 instead of the usual $225. Ends at noon EST tomorrow, if you want to jump on that.

I just treated myself.

Ravish Sitar + Rainbow Machine demo in 3-5 business days.
dkcg
MrDys wrote:
I just treated myself.

Ravish Sitar + Rainbow Machine demo in 3-5 business days.

Can't wait til you treat us. thumbs up
Unfortunately, the Mayer Voodoo Vibe shoved it's way up into 1st position on my updated pedal want list. very frustrating
nrdvrgr
MrDys; where´s the demo??!!?!? REALLY want to hear that combo in action.
MrDys
It was shipped last Wednesday (the 28th), so I expect it either today or tomorrow. I. Am. Psyched.
burnn_out!
man that thing seems like a great fix for a poor mans pitchfactor. Bonus for the name and color Mr. Green SlayerBadger!
dkcg
burnn_out! wrote:
Bonus for the name and color Mr. Green SlayerBadger!

A "Double Rainbow" limited edition would be too cool, not sure what it means tho. lol
nrdvrgr
Bump. I. Am. Psyched.
MrDys
It has arrived. 5 more hours until I can get it home, but it's staring at me lovingly on my desk.
MrDys
Played around with it a bit. Here's something that I liked out of the hour I've been playing with it.

I took this:

And went into the Ravish Sitar and then into the Rainbow Machine and got this:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/mrdys/budos-ravish-rainbow[/s]

I'm thinking that the Rainbow Machine might best be used on short stabby things that allow it to do its pitched trails magic than on more sustained things. I'm going to do some drum machine experiments this weekend.
nrdvrgr
That is the audio equivalent of the Transformers.

Really cool.

May I wish for a little demo of some dark droning sound into the Ravish? In my mind it would sound great, but I have never heard anything to prove it.
Just some ambience of some kind and then tweak away.I would buy one instantly if that goes in the right direction soundwise (might fit better in another thread though?).
MindMachine
MrDys wrote:
I'm going to do some drum machine experiments this weekend.

I just love that single sentence. Alien

Let us know how they go. This device has my attention for sure.
MrDys
I spent way too much time with just a Rainbow Machine and a 707 last night. This thing is amazing on drums. I'll play around some more and put up a recording this weekend.

(After the 707, I used a monotribe and ended up making psychotic circus music for and hour. Yeah, those recordings are never going to see the light of day...)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2