MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Any users of the AMSynths AM8071 Snow Fall VCF?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Any users of the AMSynths AM8071 Snow Fall VCF?
Mono Recalcitrante
Do not seem to find much info about it around here… The only sound examples I seem to find are the ones on the AMSynths web. Can anyone post some audios. Thanks.
50quidsoundboy
yes! i just got one on friday, and i love it. this is the only patch i've recorded with it so far:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/50quidsoundboy/monarchist-hardstyle[/s]

i'm still building up my first system so that's not the best patch in the world, sorry! but honestly, it's a great filter, i love the VCS3 sound, i've even bought records that are nothing but VCS3 drones, and to my ears the Snow Fall really does bring THAT sound.

the build quality of this thing is superb as well, absolutely top notch. can't argue with the price either. beautiful module. it was a no-brainer for me! get one!
chrisso
Interesting.
I was about to buy the Roland ADSR module, heard back from Rob, but when I enquired how to pay, never heard from him again.
Do you have to be in the UK to buy from AMSynths?
50quidsoundboy
i don't know if you have to be UK or not. i just sent him an email directly, he sent me a PayPal invoice, i paid it and had a lovely module a few days later. no problems at all. i don't think the e-commerce side of the website is really functional, so i'd go for the direct human contact approach thumbs up

can't stress how much i love this filter. i've bought some amazing modules so far, but this one feels really special to me personally. i'm really building the instrument of my dreams here... love
ndkent
well let's see- its an EMS synthi style filter -I've not A/Bed it with the others but there are a number in euro, analogue systems has the authorized one. Snowfall is larger and has cv resonance and sliders. Doepfer makes one with no special features but cheap. I don't have the STG Sea Devils but that seems to be EMS too. This one might be a bit more inspired by than a clone. Wonder why no one did the synthi 100 high pass, though mayve schematics are hard to come by.

Sounds fine. I'd call it a bit of a twist on the 303 type of sound but of course ems made their design first. I guess I bought mine because if you don't buy them soon Rob sells out and it's a long wait for another batch. Sometime I might AB them and see of I have too many, but I like the sound.
HueMonContact
50quidsoundboy wrote:
yes! i just got one on friday, and i love it. this is the only patch i've recorded with it so far:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/50quidsoundboy/monarchist-hardstyle[/s]

i'm still building up my first system so that's not the best patch in the world, sorry! but honestly, it's a great filter, i love the VCS3 sound, i've even bought records that are nothing but VCS3 drones, and to my ears the Snow Fall really does bring THAT sound.

the build quality of this thing is superb as well, absolutely top notch. can't argue with the price either. beautiful module. it was a no-brainer for me! get one!

I love the VCS3 sound also... What records do you have that feature VCS3 drones?

You should checkout Trap & Zoid's music, he has some cool Synthi compositions on his page. soundcloud.com/trapzoid
chrisso
50quidsoundboy wrote:
i just sent him an email directly, he sent me a PayPal invoice, i paid it and had a lovely module a few days later.

I was in direct email communication. I never got the Paypal invoice.
Oh well.... if the Arp filter materializes I will redouble my efforts to purchase something from Rob.
Gribs
I sent an inquiry via the system on his web page (yesterday) and heard back within 24 hours (today). I requested and hope to receive an invoice for one of these within the same time frame, at which time I plan to send payment. Shipping to the USA from UK is no problem (an entirely reasonable IMHO at 12 GPB) and currency conversion is done by PayPal automatically.
50quidsoundboy
HueMonContact wrote:

I love the VCS3 sound also... What records do you have that feature VCS3 drones?

well this in particular is a fantastic record (if you're a certain sort of person lol )

http://touchshop.org/product_info.php?products_id=437

Quote:

The VCS 3 was the first portable modular synthesiser commercially available. Renowned for its ability to produce wide-ranging electronic sound effects, it was sometimes considered problematic when producing melodic sounds due to the instability of its components. Over time, wear, tear and accumulations of oxide have exaggerated these instabilities, making the machines even less predictable.

The recordings in auto 17 are the result of incremental / violent changes to the modular configuration of the machine. Each configuration makes sound that repeats with some level of predictability. With no external intervention for the duration of each recording, patterns vary according to the physical intricacies of the machine – indeterminate fluctuations in voltage etc.

Recorded directly from the two independent outputs of the VCS 3, unusual modulation routing produces a variety of complex relationships between the left and right channels. Timbral, rhythmic and harmonic themes emerge, revealing unexpected properties of the machine.

The Automatics Group undertake projects investigating issues of control, representation, autonomy and formalism. Auto 17 was recorded by Theo Burt and Peter Worth at the Music Research Centre, York (with thanks).
mono-poly
HueMonContact wrote:

http://mono-poly.bandcamp.com/album/cheiko

Lots of EMS in these tracks.
Sorry about the spam.
theabsent
I have one. Can't say that I'm absolutely in love with it but it's a good filter overall and nice addition to anyones eurorack. Really shines when put through a mildish distortion.
withakay
I will be very interested to see how the Arp filter turns out too.
Clockgate
I received a AM8705 ADSR a couple of days ago. It took quite a while from first enquiring and communication was fairly sporadic. Unfortunately, when it arrived one of the slider caps was broken. I sent an email to Rob and received a reply right away saying he will send me a few spares.
I'm really enjoying using it and find it very musical, the two ranges are perfect for me and it's quite a novelty having sliders. Only down sides are it's a bit of a space monster (24HP) and gate 2 input isn't normalled to gate 1.
50quidsoundboy
mono-poly wrote:

http://mono-poly.bandcamp.com/album/cheiko

Lots of EMS in these tracks.
Sorry about the spam.

sounds great!
Mono Recalcitrante
50quidsoundboy wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply thumbs up Just when I thought I had enough filters....
chrisso
Clockgate wrote:
I received a AM8705 ADSR a couple of days ago.
I'm really enjoying using it and find it very musical

Yeah, I used to own a two cabinet 100M system. Very nice.
I'm now holding out for the Arp Filter though.
Gribs
Mine arrived from the UK today and I must say that so far after some short testing and patching I am very glad that I waited for it as it sounds very nice. It can be bubbly or brutal. I like the fact that it has two inputs for audio and two inputs for CV with individual trim sliders for all four.
zdarma
Would be great to see or hear a demo if you get a chance.
Spiked Lunch
I picked one up yesterday and I must say that I really like it.

I did a very quick video yesterday and have just had chance to upload it now. It's camera mic only, not particularly well shot and I'm no synth wizard so don't expect anything too fancy.

Basically the patch is a sawtooth (Single waveform up until 0:38ish, 2 in unison up until the 1:18 mark, then back to just a single waveform), filtered by the SnowFall.

SnowFall is set to 18dB response with lag on.
EG that is controlling the VCA is also sent to the filters cut off.
There's a bit of glide on the VCO.

I will probably get chance to record some more over the weekend, I'll have ago at recording sound direct and try and get a better shot of the filter.

Any requests?
Mike
Alienation
That is a great demo and has convinced me to get one. I emailed for a quote, hopefully I'll hear back soon. Very reasonably priced IMO.
Alienation
Spiked Lunch
BTW I linked you're video demo in a post @ the euro forum. I didn't realize AMS had a subforum. Great vid!
wintchil
I havr a JP6 filter that sounds great. If your after the roland sound then you can't go wrong here.
Spiked Lunch
Alienation wrote:
Spiked Lunch
BTW I linked you're video demo in a post @ the euro forum. I didn't realize AMS had a subforum. Great vid!

Thanks!

I'm happy to try and make a better vid if anyone has any patch ideas they'd like to see?

I'm really enjoying this filter, it's a little quirky but it's top quality both sonically and mechanically.

Mike
Alienation
wintchil wrote:
I havr a JP6 filter that sounds great. If your after the roland sound then you can't go wrong here.
Yeah, I listened to that filter on the AMS website it sounds great as well.
Alienation
Spiked Lunch
What VCO's were you using in your video?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2