MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TNR-i as a controller for animmog ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On  
Author TNR-i as a controller for animmog ?
colossal
Bought tnr yesterday and am really impressed with the way it works and the options for real time composition, internal sounds are very limited, can it be used to drive other kit ? I don't have any midi options for the iPad so ideally would be internal or over wifi to my mac.

Thanks
ersatzplanet
I have both the software and hardware versions of the Tenori-On and am interested in this too. I imagine that with the latest OS5 MIDI implementations, that Yamaha would add that functionality if it isn't there already. I certainly hope so. I use the hardware version of the Tenori-On in my rig all the time. I either drive a Reason patch on a laptop (a program tuned to my T-O layout) or my modular (4 kenton Pro-Solos and a A-190) but the hardware version of the T-O spits out a ton of sys-ex when ever you change things (layers, patches etc). I would hope the iPad version would not do this. It would be cool to have the iPad version talk directly to Reason via WiFi for sure.
-James
colossal
Hi James, the tenori really is a great instrument and I would love to see the iPad version talk to some other gear. I'm going to try posting somewhere else, will come back if I find anything out. Would live to have a go on the hardware !
colossal
And as if by magic 1.3 is out which allows user samples from external & device mic and sync with Korg apps, if I can get Animoog involved I will be an even happier man, ooh and get round my works security lock down which is stopping my upgrading to IOS 5 :(

Loads of good stuff here & promising for the future.....

Audio Recording, User Voice (Sampling Function),
Tweet and Message exchange for Game Centre Session, and more.

Audio Recording, SoundCloud, AudioCopy
- Record TNR-i 2-mix output and share it on SoundCloud.
- Copy&Paste audio files between iOS apps (AudioCopy)

User Voice, Sampling, Simple Edit, Import
- Assign your own waves to user voice 1,2,3. Each wave max is 5seconds.
- Record waves using iPhone/iPad built in mic.
- Easy wave editing function (trimming, normalizing)
- TENORI-ON User Voice Manager file (.tnw) is compatible.
- Available 3 sample files.
-- Loading the file: From the menu (touch the display), touch Preference menu, touch User Voice Settings, touch User1, touch File mark (right, bottom), and then select 01_Voice, 02_Synth, or 03_SE.

Game Centre Session --- Twitter, Message exchange
- Twitter posting is available at the beginning of the session.
- Message exchange, like a chatting, is available during the session.
- Can select to start or stop the session from the menu.

Other
- WIST(Wireless Sync Start Technology) is available
--You can easily make sync start with the other iOS apps that have WIST function.
Delta T
Really? Don't see the 1.3 update here in US. Guess it will be a while before it shows.
ritchiedrums
woah
Please post videos of your TNR-i controlloing other apps!!
Guinness ftw!
colossal
I don't think I have ever had it controlling other apps but it can definitely control external gear or VST's hosted in logic.

Its not set up right now and I'm in work mode rather than music mode so you'll have to look on you tube for some vids.
ipassenger
Has anyone got theirs to trigger their other gear via midi.
colossal
ipassenger
Aww thanks. smile

That's really straight forward!
colossal
I love the TNRi just the internal sounds are crap.

Please post some vids etc , I need some inspiration.
ipassenger
colossal wrote:
I love the TNRi just the internal sounds are crap.

Please post some vids etc , I need some inspiration.

Ok, just waiting on my midi cv converter but have been fancying getting the ipad involved in some modular nonsense since I got the modular, tnri might be just the ticket.

Had some good jams on it but like u say the sounds aren't great!
ipassenger
Tried controlling my Maschine synths with TNRI last night but it didn't go well. It seemed to keep dropping notes and generally failing all over the place, sometimes just completely failing to send midi notes. I think it may have been the amount of data (midi timing, active sensing and notes) that was messing it up.

I have a camera connection kit and very cheap usb midi dongle patched into an old MOTU 8x8 XT midi patchbay and then from there into the pc via the Maschine's midi input. I wonder if a combination of the heavy load and my cheap usb/midi dongle is sending dodgy data to the MOTU and freaking it out.

So am gonna try using the tnri in slave mode and sending it a midi clock from my octatrack, to see if that reduces the amount of midi coming back out of the tnri and thus hopefully make the note data more reliable.

How has everyone else got on with sending midi data from the TNRI to external machines and how do you have it setup?
colossal
I had similar experiences using a cheap eBay midi dongle. I've also heard bad things about Chinese copy CCK.

Last night I tried to configure my Fireface UCX in class compliant mode, and an apple CCK, I hit a lot of problems with all the options for audio routing Ill feedback once I get it sorted.
ipassenger
I have a proper CCK but my midi dongle was very cheap. none of my other midi devices are class compliant.. i think anyway.
kwaidan
Sometimes you have to play with the note length to get it to control outside equipment.
Mr. Pete
yeah it can totally do that now all within iPad

colossal wrote:
Bought tnr yesterday and am really impressed with the way it works and the options for real time composition, internal sounds are very limited, can it be used to drive other kit ? I don't have any midi options for the iPad so ideally would be internal or over wifi to my mac.

Thanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On  
Page 1 of 1