MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Demo of Scratch Live controlling Video-SL
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author Demo of Scratch Live controlling Video-SL
ersatzplanet
The Space Invader guys show off Serato Scratch Live controlling Video-SL. Now DJs are gonna all think they can be VJs too....

Some neat tech though. I can see the MIDI control part being something to exploit.
-James
bitSmasher
Not a huge fan, primarily because it's all in the preparation... and pre-edited video loops are boring.
Mind you, I don't mind it when used well - and a guy here, DJ Sampology, uses his Serato well by also triggering audio and video from his Roland MV8800 (there's an OS that allows video out via its VGA). But meh... needs more hands-on and creativity.

You're right about the midi control though, I'm pondering the potential of a live A/V show primarily based on hardware, but my friends an orright scratch DJ and incorporating Video SL for scratching video loops and otherwise using it for midi might be fun.
bitSmasher
Might of interest to a few... Serato is doing a dedicated Video version, and retiring Video SL
http://serato.com/video
Interested to see what new features are on offer, I can see myself purchasing a cheap Itch controller to play around on...
LoFiFreq
interesting
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1