MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

doepfer SEM filter noise
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author doepfer SEM filter noise
grape tony
hi!
hope someone could help with this.
just got a used doepfer 106-5 SEM filter. so far sounds great, but a good deal of white noise/hiss coming out of all outputs when the frequency knob is turned all the way up. happens whether there is anything plugged into it or not. this comes out of both outputs, and each mode when scanning from low pass to high pass. this noise is less subtle when the resonance is turned down but still noticeable.

wondering if this is a common problem, or a trim pot inside, or something.
ive tried moving it around in the case, still nothing.

thanks!
grape tony
nothin>?
damn. help if you can thanks!
p3t0r
Have similar issues:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=624896&sid=0f3a0b55c 43cb6ccf4c4558481b0982c

However, I found that if I carefully set all the levels etc. it's useable.
grape tony
thanks!
yeah, its there no matter what really. none of my other modules are having problems... ill still check the ground tho
Distone
I have the exact same issue. Did you find the source of the problem?
Herr Rausch
same here as well. I dont mind just a bit of noise but this thing is too noisy. otherwise it sounds really nice confused
Distone
(EDIT: Nevermind that didn't work at all..)

There are 2 blue potmeters on the pcb with a white screw, i turned both of them down untill the noise stopped. It worked for me, no mpre noise and the filter works as it should! Bare in mind that i'm a total noob so i have no idea what i just did.
tufraniuh@yahoo.com
Distone wrote:
(EDIT: Nevermind that didn't work at all..)

Same problem with my A-106-5 and Moogah SEM. Both sound and hiss like twins. The filters that I have (the noise level is very quiet) Pitsburg Filter, 2HP MMF, DIY Polivox (original chips)
tested on different power sources - linear and switching.
I have the first version of Doepfer SEM with two CA3080.
Is version with one LM13700 less noisy?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1