MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

E.A.S. "miss10" LFO, S/H and NOISE PCB. [SOLD OUT]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author E.A.S. "miss10" LFO, S/H and NOISE PCB. [SOLD OUT]

synthnut

Hi Mike,

Is there a BOM for this one? I'm very interested in a few but worried about any odd parts that might be a bit tricky to source!
Got a few little mini-modulars to build and the combination sounds to stick in a single module!

TTFN

Ben

www.resynthesis.co.uk
www.bigbluewave.co.uk

E.A.S.

synthnut wrote:
Hi Mike,

Is there a BOM for this one? I'm very interested in a few but worried about any odd parts that might be a bit tricky to source!
Got a few little mini-modulars to build and the combination sounds to stick in a single module!

TTFN

Ben

www.resynthesis.co.uk
www.bigbluewave.co.uk

working on documentation for this. no odd parts in this one.

-mike

boothnavy

How much more time before you order?

E.A.S.

boothnavy wrote:
How much more time before you order?

I'll be placing the order for this board and the HADSR pcb, in about two weeks. That should give people enough time to get on board, so to speak.

-Mike

janvanvolt

Two for me please.

Barcode

Edit: Make that two for me a well.

raisinbag

sweet! I am in for at least one of these and one of the other new PCB. All parts EASY to find!!!! Super bonus, I have some 1458s kicking around that a store mistakenly sent me when I ordered 4558s, so now I can use them for something!!!! Yee Haw.

boothnavy

paid for four.

raisinbag

Hi Looking at BOM and just curious about a few things. 1) are there any resistors that need to be tighter than 5%? 2) do any of the non polarized caps need to be Polystyrene or will Film or Ceramic be fine? 3) I have to "order in" a LM741, and can find a 741cn close by. I looked at the data sheets, they seem very similar, but I thought I would ask so I don't fry it when it comes time to populating PCB. I have similar questions about the HADSR but I will ask about it on that thread.[/b][/s]

E.A.S.

Just a quick update:

After making adjustment to the pcb and checking over it all several times we have finally placed the order with the PCB house for both the HADSR and the noise-lfo-s/h boards!

The boards should be arriving here in a little under 2 weeks and will be shipped out to you guys shortly after!

Thanks for your patience and support!

-Mike

negativspace

Awesome news! I guess I have to pay you for some now, huh? hihi

glacial23

Does that mean it's too late to order, or did you get some extras?

Barcode

I can't wait! I'm going to have a serious back log of projects to finish. screaming goo yo

E.A.S.

glacial23 wrote:
Does that mean it's too late to order, or did you get some extras?

Ive ordered plenty of extras to go around!

-Mike

raisinbag

I'd love to see a sketch of how you would do this (adding vc to lfo rate and even other elements). If someone would post one with an explanation of how and why it works that would ROCK! I really want to understand how to mod vc into other circuits and have not found a focused tutorial on that subject. So if anyone can steer me in that direction as well, that would be great.

E.A.S. wrote:
jarvis wrote:
is there a simple way to add CV control to the LFO rate?

Its fairly simple. The ASM2 VCLFO does it.

It wouldn't take much to adapt the cv part to the miss10 LFO.
Id want to breadboard it first, but committing to a layout.

you could always perfboard it and tie it into the pcb.

On the miss 10 boards I wanted to stay true to the original 'simple but elegant' design. On top of that, because this lfo is shared with the s/h and noise, id have to shuffle a bunch of stuff around to make it fit.

-Mike

modelo

Any update on these?

E.A.S.

modelo wrote:
Any update on these?

UPS tried to deliver yesterday, Unfortunately I was away, so they are trying again on monday.

So, in short, I will start shipping these out next week!

I'll post some pictures and update the first post in this thread with more info.

also, I have a mouser BOM for the lfo, noise, sample and hold, and hadsr. circuit.

-Mike

boothnavy

this is fantastic news 8_)

E.A.S.

First post updated.

These are in stock and will be shipping to those who have already paid shortly!

I will keep these in stock for anyone to order.

When I start running low I will update the first post. Otherwise these are available.

Thanks all!

-Mike

Miss 10 LFO-S&H-NOISE by itsfatmike, on Flickr

emdot_ambient

thumbs up
Woo hoo! (again)
thumbs up

E.A.S.

UPDATE:

Clean your work benh and heat up those soldering irons!!

All Paid PCB orders have been shipped!! This is fun!

-Mike

p.s. I ordered extras this time, so if you feel 'left out', its not to late to join the solder party! w00t

Barcode

I like to party! It's motherfucking bacon yo

fivesteppath

<3 u

bsmith

Got 'em yowza!
Putting together a mouser project now.
Newbish parts gatherer questions:
So in the bom on the first post not seeing anything for C1 which is there on the pcb, and as for c34 - what type of 1 uF cap are we wanting there?

edit - ok, making my way down - also F1 j201 - is that a J201 JFET transistor?
on the lm4558 - there are through hole 4558 opamps that mouser has - but not one that *lm*4558 - will like this one be ok?

emdot_ambient

Got a bundle-o-PCBs yesterday!

Granted, all these are in my huge (and growing) backlog, but I've now got enough of the Miss-10 PCBs to make a synth with:

2x VCO
2x VCF
2x VCA
3x HADSR
3x LFO (and S/H and noise...how many noise sources does one need?...rhetorical question)

Would/will make a nice synth. hyper thumbs up

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 2 of 6