MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Juno 106: any good?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Juno 106: any good?
Chuck E. Jesus
i found one for 250 bucks on craigslist out by my campsite (ie: off the beaten path, so i'd have a good chance of getting)...i have a SCI Prophet 600 which has 2 oscs and cross-mod, but it has a very stepped response on it's knobs and a poor midi implimentation...it has a nice cutting sound, but some consider it's filters comparatively thin...i have no experience with the 106, but i understand it has good midi, and a nice, but less flexible sound...

the kicker: i really can't afford it...but i have a bunch of shit i want to get rid of anyway, and could float it for a bit on the dough...new gear is also fun, and i'm "playing" more keyboards as of late...

so i'm looking for opinions: fun factor, inspiration, sound quality, etc... i'd most likely ditch the P600, have to consider that at least...

(i need to go pick up a tv out there anyway wink )
Kwote
i found this site to be helpful when i was actually planning on getting some hardwired synths. luckily i have too much of a lust for modular gear so i'm set chasing that realm.

http://www.retrosound.de/

http://www.retrosound.de/The%20Juno-106.htm

anyways, there's some cool youtube vids on there.
zerosum
I like Mine.

Too bad its being stored elsewhere right now.

You and I both have a Juno 106 and a Pro One now,
that said I much prefer the sound of the Pro One to the Juno,
But its fun having polyphony on the juno, and they are obviously different sounding......which is the version of saying:
"The juno is cool but the sound of the pro one is more of what Im looking for."

I didn't pay anything for mine, I just traded a 61 key m-audio controller to a dude who thought the Juno was broken lol
If I had to pay for it I probly wouldnt buy it.
Chuck E. Jesus
zerosum wrote:
I like Mine.

Too bad its being stored elsewhere right now.

You and I both have a Juno 106 and a Pro One now,
that said I much prefer the sound of the Pro One to the Juno,
But its fun having polyphony on the juno, and they are obviously different sounding......which is the version of saying:
"The juno is cool but the sound of the pro one is more of what Im looking for."

I didn't pay anything for mine, I just traded a 61 key m-audio controller to a dude who thought the Juno was broken lol
If I had to pay for it I probly wouldnt buy it.

how much use did you actually get out of it (didn't buy it yet, just a thought at this point)...sort of/kind of thinking about using it live, or as a keyboard controller (does it even have velocity?), and i've heard they sound really good for techno-type basses...i'm also pretty fond of certain string synth sounds (should have just bought scott solidas Moog Opus when i had the chance)...

i like the P600, it has a cool sound and flex, but to some extent you just can't grab a knob during jamming, too much stepping...i still haven't fixed it, but i do have the osc chip, i understand they are still pretty easy to get repaired if i can't do it...
zerosum
Quote:

how much use did you actually get out of it

Enough to make music,demos,and a thread with it.

Go play the Juno and see if you like it.
Chuck E. Jesus
i might check it out... gotta think about it..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1