MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

1/4"- & XLR-to-banana for the Buchla 200e
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Author 1/4"- & XLR-to-banana for the Buchla 200e
xpander
here's another basic question- i need to make some cables that go from XLR-to-banana and 1/4"-to-banana for hooking my 828mk3 and 896mk1 up to the 200e for Volta-based control. what goes where?

Dead Banana
1nput0utput
Since the banana plug has no ground conductor, there's only one connection to make:
XLR pin 2 to banana
TRS tip to banana

http://motu-volta.blogspot.com/2009/03/volta-and-buchla-200e.html
xpander
thanks!
BugBrand
You'd have to make a common ground connection between the systems though (surely?!)

eg - just on the 1st jack you use -> take a connection from the jack sleeve to the Buchla's system ground point (which is.... well, I'm sure I don't know!)
1nput0utput
BugBrand wrote:
You'd have to make a common ground connection between the systems though (surely?!)

eg - just on the 1st jack you use -> take a connection from the jack sleeve to the Buchla's system ground point (which is.... well, I'm sure I don't know!)

I think you're right, but someone more electrically knowledgeable than I should speak up.
xpander
i assume that would be accomplished with the 1/4" audio cables.
ignatius
1nput0utput wrote:
Since the banana plug has no ground conductor, there's only one connection to make:
XLR pin 2 to banana
TRS tip to banana

http://motu-volta.blogspot.com/2009/03/volta-and-buchla-200e.html

but then you take the 'low' and tie it to the ground/sleeve. so pin two hot then 1 and 3 get tied together so both to ground..

at least i think that's how it goes? i know that's what you do when making TRS to TS or XLR to TS cables.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Page 1 of 1