MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

POWER w/o HP?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author POWER w/o HP?
pacific202
Is it possible to use the POWER barebones without the faceplate? I am constantly out of room and don't want to use up rack frontage.
computer controlled
I'm going to say no, but don't quote me on that. I don't have one in my possession, but I'm guessing using any kind of powered module sans faceplate isn't the best idea.

seriously, i just don't get it
Rod Serling Fan Club
Yes, it's fine
pacific202
Is it simply a matter of screwing the circuit board into the case? Are there any tips or hints from those that have done it?

Thanks!
computer controlled
Ah, I see what you mean. Housing it inside the case would be fine, just keep it in a spot where it won't get touched by anything.
Rod Serling Fan Club
Yes, I've done it. Goiks used it in a few cases I believe. I'm not sure what you want to know. It takes up space so expect to use shallow modules over it if it is in a shallow case. You could put the on/off switch elsewhere on the case or not use a switch and just unplug to power off.
Rod Serling Fan Club
You have to do the wiring. You could always use uzeus for something that takes up less panel space if you aren't comfortable with electronic diy.
pacific202
Thanks, I'll talk to Matthew about it. I've been scoping out a new case from him and would like to support FoH.
flight
Yes, you can definitely do this. This is what Goike uses on his wood boats. You can mount it to the inside of your case by using the front panel as a template for the holes for the switch, jack, and standoffs.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1