MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

.mix for that BIG sequencer sound!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author .mix for that BIG sequencer sound!
lilakmonoke
if you are still not convnced that the .mix sounds great head over to a track i just did with it. its berlin school novo stylie and comes with a good description. its difficult to put in words how much i love this module!

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=663022#663022
suitandtieguy
thank you so much for posting this, and your kind words.
msprigings
I'll second that. I love finding that sweet spot right on the edge of distortion.
lilakmonoke
its not just distortion, any doepfer module can give you that. its that distinct moog modular transistor distortion that is so awesome. between the .mix and the korgasmatron there is a world of those timbres.
tIB
^ its a special thing that's for sure, an integral part of my faux-moog Im patching often at the minute.

Macbeth dual osc > .MIX > .VCA > Ebbe und Flut > .VCA again, with blacet EG1's on env duty.

Bass synth on this:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/tib/shrubstep[/s]

Incidentally the PLF stacks up well against the EuF's 24db mode, pretty similar though the EuF just topped it for me with a wider range on the resonance... Both sound great though. smile

EDIT: and great track in the OP, caught it the other day and fell in love
chinard
damnit!

now i'm going to have to buy one d'oh!
lilakmonoke
tIB wrote:

Macbeth dual osc > .MIX > .VCA > Ebbe und Flut > .VCA again, with blacet EG1's on env duty.

for those on a budget, the AGF and the rs-95 are really good at the moog thing. i use the oakley classic vca at the end which is great for that vintage vibe.

tIB wrote:

Bass synth on this:

nice one! i would have a EuF as well if it wasnt such a big monster. im waiting for the shippmann multimode filter in the pipeline.

Quote:

EDIT: and great track in the OP, caught it the other day and fell in love

likewise! im working on a 8 hours 5 minutes version of it, just long enough for one night of work. of course in honor of "empire" by andy warhol -
which is that long.

Quote:

now i have to get one ...

that was the plan. stg needs more customers that want but cannot buy his modules. ;-) seriously now, all stg modules are no bullshit gold! get it ...
msprigings
lilakmonoke wrote:
its not just distortion, any doepfer module can give you that. its that distinct moog modular transistor distortion that is so awesome. between the .mix and the korgasmatron there is a world of those timbres.

I have both in my small but growing setup and completely agree!
tIB
lilakmonoke wrote:

for those on a budget, the AGF and the rs-95 are really good at the moog thing. i use the oakley classic vca at the end which is great for that vintage vibe.

Add the ULFO as osc and rs180 VCA to that list. The .VCA is quite simply the nicest sounding VCA I have tried in euro, even preffered it to the oakley classic which has more options.

lilakmonoke wrote:

nice one! i would have a EuF as well if it wasnt such a big monster. im waiting for the shippmann multimode filter in the pipeline.

I cant recommend it highly enough- its a full modular synth without oscs. As well as the two nicest filters Ive heard anywhere, it has a great distortion circuit and a nice (if basic, which tbh suits me) compressor. Open it up with a patchbay, add an oscilator or two, a mixer and a couple of VCA's and you have a killer synth- even the envs on it are amazing!

Agree that the STG stuff is golden, when my euro was bigger I had the wavefolder, sea devils and post lawsuit- loved them all and hoping to catch them back in frac some day along with a mankato.
lilakmonoke
Quote:
Add the ULFO as osc and rs180 VCA to that list. The .VCA is quite simply the nicest sounding VCA I have tried in euro, even preffered it to the oakley classic which has more options.

dont tell me that! now i have to get one. ;-) why? does it overdrive in a moogish way? stg stuff is really hard to find in europe so i dont really want to know.

i think the EuF is phantastic if you are working with samples. the stuff by Dave Huismans (2562) is some of the nicest tech dubstep i know and all sample based + filtered the hell out of. my guess is that he uses a euF.

DonaldCrunk
the .mix behaves in such interesting ways - the patch i have set up now utilizes a z3000 saw -> .com -> .mix, the cyclebox -> .mix, and a waveshaped sine from the z3k -> .mix (output going to filter then out)

it's funny to hear the battles between the oscillators as they collide in the .mix - if conditions are right the cyclebox will peek through the loudest, but most of the time the .com suboctave outs rules supreme and allows itself to sort of be effected by the other inputs at high gain levels. it's truly a glorious oscillator mixer.
mikecameron
is it getting warm in here? love
Mono Recalcitrante
lilakmonoke wrote:

dont tell me that! now i have to get one. ;-) why? does it overdrive in a moogish way? stg stuff is really hard to find in europe so i dont really want to know.

Me neither...
visible cow
I just picked one of these up. So good! It helps boost my cloud generator which has a much quieter output than my other oscs.

I can't wait to run some external sources through it.
ben jah men
sorry for the noooob question.. but this is good for just a standar mixer too right? I'm actually in the market for that.. but I also love distortion..

I'm just looking to be able to mix my single osc and one of my filters self oscillating into the final output.. this should work right?
suitandtieguy
yes. as long as you keep in mind that past 3 o clock the inputs will hit the clip line, you're in hi-fi territory.

actually quite hi-fi territory ... the response on this is up near 100 Khz if i remember right, and highly minimal slew since there are no op-amps.
ben jah men
thanks. purchased. hopefully you can see it in action at Sacred Earth.
hiawog
tibs your piece is wicked! thanks!
suitandtieguy
ben jah men wrote:
thanks. purchased. hopefully you can see it in action at Sacred Earth.

that's great to hear.

the only thing wilder than playing a psytrance party with your own gear is seeing someone else at the show playing your gear as well.
lilakmonoke
im running poly synths through the .mix at the moment for an ambient project im working on. the signal goes through the es-3 first wich boosts the line level to full modular level. it definitely distorts before 3 oclock then but clears up around 12 oclock. you can really control the saturation very well via gain.
suitandtieguy
ah cool. can't wait to see what it sounds like.
mecanikill
I may have to pick one of these up...
springreverb
can you link these together, or is it planned, there is an unused connector on the pcb?
Oldstench
Very nice demo. I think STG owes you a commission as I'm grabbing a .MIX due to this demo.
lilakmonoke
good idea! ... i will take a sea devils filter then, thank you.

seriously now, here is another interesting demo. this is korgasmatron vs. .mix. two delay lines of sound of shadows feedbacked through these two devices. the hard sounding progressive transistor distortion one is the .mix. personally i like transistors more than tubes ...

http://tindeck.com/listen/urdy

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> STG Soundlabs Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2