MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsMW News   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[Orders Closed] - Euro Panels for Thomas White LPGs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author [Orders Closed] - Euro Panels for Thomas White LPGs

Monobass

brother303 wrote:
Any interest in a 291-bpf panel? Maybe dual? Any other Wiggler than me interested in this?

yep I'd be up for a 291 dual

urbanscallywag

Thanks clark, I'll send my 2x dual panel order later.

Spandex

I guess 2xDual makes more sense than 1xQuad yeah. I'm in for 2 duals please.

koobraelc

Thanks Clarke!!!

clorax hurd

i'm interested in one quad. are they going to happen?

clarke68

clorax hurd wrote:
i'm interested in one quad. are they going to happen?

Right now you're the first who has expressed interest, and I need 10 to make the run. But there's still time...tell a friend!

nangu

I'd be up for two quads. Not sure how many duals yet- I may not figure that out until the PCB order deadline on the 15th.

lazerkind

I'm tempted to get a dual, but wonder If I could leave my order hanging until the Mutant timbre osc panel is finished to share the shipping cost?

And, a dual 291 panel would be awesome SlayerBadger!

clarke68

lazerkind wrote:
I'm tempted to get a dual, but wonder If I could leave my order hanging until the Mutant timbre osc panel is finished to share the shipping cost?

Timing on the Mutant Osc is somewhat dependent on beautyofdecay...I don't want to start taking orders on the panel until we're sure we have a PCB. I've got a few things I want to try on the design, but it's close. If you place an order for the LPG (any time in the next 2-3 weeks is fine) I can hold it for you until the Mutant is done.

lazerkind wrote:
a dual 291 panel would be awesome SlayerBadger!

I agree!

lazerkind

clarke68 wrote:

Timing on the Mutant Osc is somewhat dependent on beautyofdecay...I don't want to start taking orders on the panel until we're sure we have a PCB. I've got a few things I want to try on the design, but it's close. If you place an order for the LPG (any time in the next 2-3 weeks is fine) I can hold it for you until the Mutant is done.

That sounds fine by me.
Waiting a while is no problem I have a huge backlog to neglect already hihi
Somehow it grew exponentially the last months, too much great stuff coming out...

hpsounds

I'm ON for a single dual panel ! hyper

Hédi K.

hpsounds

Ordered and paid for 2 dual panels ! hyper

Hédi K.

FingerTappin

PMed for 1x panel

Thanks and really nice work on the panel!

clarke68

Now that Thomas White has closed his PCB orders, I want to send the panel order off to the manufacturer. I still don't need payment until February 10 (but a huge thanks to those who have already paid!) but I want to make sure everyone gets one who wants one, so please send me your orders this week if you're interested.

We didn't get enough interest this time in the quad for it to make the run. If you were holding out for the quad, I'd highly recommend two duals. 8_)

Thanks!

lazerkind

ok, order email sent, these are too good to resist w00t

clarke68

Okay, the order has been placed with the manufacturer! I should get them in about three weeks, at which time I'll start getting them out to all of you.

In the mean time, orders are not closed...if you still want a panel you can get one, just follow the order instructions in the first post. Payment is still due February 10, although most people have already paid so...thanks!

It's peanut butter jelly time!

tony d

Thanks again Clarke!!

clarke68

On Friday I got the art proof back from the manufacturer:

Looks good to me, so I'm approving this and getting them going. Seems like this came back pretty fast, so they're at least on schedule if not a little bit ahead. Things are looking good for shipping these out mid-February.

Thanks everybody!

JP

1 x Dual LPG
1 x Tabul

Please. smile

I'll fill out the info and send you whatever is needed this evening/

50quidsoundboy

1 x Dual LPG please - email sent!

Buckyball

clarke68 wrote:
Yup...the panel is designed to use board-mounted pots. This is my one-off version (same as the Quad), the dual is identical to the middle 2 channels:

Note: I measured the above module today...the board extends 3.875 inches behind the panel. That's pretty deep for most Euro racks...make sure it fits before you order!

Clarke,

Which pots and jacks did you use? I want to make sure the ones I order are a good fit for the panel. I've put together a Mouser order for everything except pots, jacks, and vactrols, and I'm hoping I can get all those things from Smallbear. Thanks!

--
Buck

clarke68

Buckyball wrote:
Which pots and jacks did you use?

Pots - Alpha 16mm Potentiometer. PC Mount for the Offset & Resonance, doesn't matter for the CV attenuator (solder lug would be a bit easier):
SmallBear - 1010A
Even cheaper at Tayda

Jacks - Kobiconn 3.5mm Phone Connectors
Mouser - 16PJ138

Buckyball

Thanks! Would this jack at Smallbear work, too?

Smallbear 0632E
--
Buck

clarke68

I'm not sure, but I would guess not. The input jacks on this are really close together...I can measure it when I get home. If you buy them and they don't fit you'll surely use them eventually in another project...those look like nice jacks.

cleaninglady

Hi Clarke / All

I'm trying to get my head around a BOM for this project in Euro that relates specifically to builds Clarke's Faceplate ; as is.

This is a .xls of what Thomas had suggest in his Rev. 3.2 .pdf of the board.

PLEASE NOTE !! This .xls is based on building 4 x PCB's for two separate Dual LPG units ; please divide component counts to suit your own project.

Vactrols used in this BOM are the VTL5C3/2 Dual Vactrol. It's really your choice on how you go with these.

Could you give these the once over Clarke ?

Maybe it's time for a build thread for this Euro Version... hmmm.....

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 1 of 12