MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Lord have Mersey, 4hp CR8000 Bassdrum and Snare
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Lord have Mersey, 4hp CR8000 Bassdrum and Snare
falafelbiels
Hey Guys and Gals,

here's another 4hp, CR8000 based percussive module, the Lord have Mersey.
Like it says in the title, this time it is kick and snare. They sound kind of nice!

[s]https://soundcloud.com/falafel-biels/lord-have-mersey-sample[/s]

Like with Tumbadora you don't get control over the sound itself, just consider it an analog sample player and you'll be fine. What you do get is 2 buttons so you can tap along. and of course two trigger inputs...
It has a little crossfader which I think is very necessary with these two sounds.

That's it pretty much, except for a nice excercise in SMD. all the passives are 0805 so nothing hard (only 2 SOT23 transistors) The cool thing about SMD is you can easily remove or add components, in order to tweak your sounds. I have indicated a few points of interest in the BOM. I should clean up the schematics from the CR-8000 service manual a bit for you guys, let's see if I can find time for that...

I built up a couple and the PCBs work out, but some values need changing. This is indicated in the BOM and it actually is just 2 resistors and a trimmer.

If anyone is interested I have some more board sets and panels here.
I was thinking €15,00 for the board sets and €5,- for a panel, shipping €3,-, plus VAT.

Anyone?

The BOM is right here over there below, plus the SVG file that I use to cut the panel.
grizzle
I want!
spneca
I'm in for a set.
falafelbiels
Cool!
fuzzbass
Me me me! I have not built any Falafular before and this looks like a good place to start. One set if still available. Thanks,
falafelbiels
Sure thing, plenty to go around!
BugBrand
What's Mersey other than the river?
flts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mersey_Beat as well!

interested in a set!
roglok
cool stuff! is it velocity sensitive in any way (responsive to varying trigger levels)? would you care to share the schematics?
w00t
ben_hex
Yet more drums for me to try and cover in my massive bumper eurorack drum video next year :-)
falafelbiels
BugBrand

It's what the lord may have for you if you ask desperately enough.

flts

I better start making up that list eh?

roglok

Not really, the trigger signal it takes is processed by a comparator so always full force. I am working on something though (mostly in my mind so far), a very CR-8000-ish accent solution.

ben_hex

Indeedy!

End then this came in today:

Mucky!

Outtatune
Mucky looks very, very useful...
falafelbiels
So far it's pretty cool.
roglok
falafelbiels wrote:

roglok
Not really, the trigger signal it takes is processed by a comparator so always full force. I am working on something though (mostly in my mind so far), a very CR-8000-ish accent solution.

OK, checking the schematic it becomes obvious that the CR-8000 handles accent via post-voice summing VCA... Interested in the solution you are aiming for... hyper

Mucky looks nice indeed!
rhythmdial
very slick and skinny module, saw this maybe on IG or YT and my eyes went AAAOOOOOGA
falafelbiels
roglok

Well the solution will be just that, a summing mixer plus a VCA and swing envelope on the master output. Combined with an envelope follower it could be used as a bus compressor as well if I get my way.
ConnorClasen
Set me up with a set please!! w00t
falafelbiels
ConnorClasen

Will do
Suf-fuD
Hello Falafelbiels
Please count me in for a set of the PCBs. Are there going to be any wooden panels with this one? If not id happily just take the PCBs.
Thank you
falafelbiels
Oh the choice will probaly be wood and ivory. But since I showed a red one I may as well cut some of fhose too. I will add the options to the first post.

In the future I will probalbly only offer FR-4 panels with my projects.
flts
whop! got mine. time to finally order some 0805 folders and remaining components...
falafelbiels
Git on it!
yan6
If you can do a wood panel, I'm in! thumbs up
falafelbiels
Oh I can do that, you're in!
grizzle
Hey, is the 10k pot an A or B?

Cheers,
Alex
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3