MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   SearchSearch   Muff Wiggler Blog & NewsNews   Muff Wiggler StoreMW Store 
 RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 

Zerosum Inertia presents: The Agonizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Zerosum Inertia Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Zerosum Inertia presents: The Agonizer

baker

It's peanut butter jelly time!

rico loverde

baker wrote:
So the owners of Metasonix split up? seriously, i just don't get it When did this all happen?
zerosum was never an owner of metasonix, eric has always been the owner. there was a notice posted in the metasonix sub forum. they are still cool with each other and came to synth meet in berkeley together, brian is just pursuing his own ideas. instead of having one awesome tube based company now there are two. both brian and eric are really great guys and i wish them both the best!!! metasonix is kicking ass as always and zerosum inertia has some great stuff in the works!!!!

zerosum

Metasonix designed the circuit.
Brian Kirby from Zerosum Inertia sourced all the parts, built the module, and is selling and supporting the module.
Metasonix receives a royalty payment for designing the circuit.
Metasonix isn't responsible for sales or support.

Quote:
But it is a Metasonix product, right?

It says right on the panel:
TX-1 AGONIZER CIRCUIT DESIGNED BY ERIC BARBOUR OF METASONIX.
BUILT BY ZEROSUM INERTIA

I don't know how to make it any clearer.

Quote:
I see this and the Berserker both even have the name Metasonix right on the front

That was a joint effort. It was a Frankenstein baby.

Quote:
Are they trying to be kept secret from the general populous?

I'm not interested in discussing this anymore Baker. Please stick to the topic of The Agonizer synthesizer module.

zerosum

I'm pleased to announce that Escape From Noise in Sweden will be handling sales and distribution for Europe! applause

Party! Party! Cowabunga! Rock N Roll! Mega Awesome! w00t applause Mr. Green

QuantumMechanakillWave

Congrats

Lakbra

excellent news for euro peoples!!
This is fun! It's peanut butter jelly time! SlayerBadger!

QuantumMechanakillWave

I really want I one!!!!

rico loverde

zerosum wrote:
I'm pleased to announce that Escape From Noise in Sweden will be handling sales and distribution for Europe! applause

right on Brian thats awesome!!! Congrats!!!! w00t

weinglas

zerosum wrote:

YEAH! Brian and Ulf! Two great guys are going to rock Europe SlayerBadger! nanners

Ancestor

So pumped! I just got the email that mine is in the mail. Finally my tube obsession can merge with my modular obsession...

Ancestor

Just received mine. Holy shit, thing is amazing. Absolutely destroys whatever you throw at it!

nrdvrgr

Some examples of said destruction, please? headbang

Ancestor

I'll try to get something together soon.

zerosum

Q106 sine wave patched into Agonizer with Modcan 61b modulating Agonizer:

Sine Agonizer demo 2
Sine Agonizer demo 3
Sine Agonizer demo 1

Guitar into mult to 1 agonizer on the left and 1 agonizer on the right

Drums Agonizer

zerosum

matttech

zerosum wrote:

anyone got any demos of the agonizer, when used with normal oscs (as opposed to tube ones) - it's a bit hard to tell what the Agonizer is doing, and how much is the r54 on the demos earlier in this thread

zerosum

Quote:
anyone got any demos of the agonizer, when used with normal oscs (as opposed to tube ones) - it's a bit hard to tell what the Agonizer is doing, and how much is the r54 on the demos earlier in this thread

I agree it sure would be cool to see someone else post a sound,
but I actually did do that in the post above the picture you quoted:

zerosum wrote:
Q106 sine wave patched into Agonizer with Modcan 61b modulating Agonizer:

Sine Agonizer demo 2
Sine Agonizer demo 3
Sine Agonizer demo 1

w00t

matttech

DOH!! sorry - missed that! will check it out

cheers

Ancestor

So I finally got around to creating a Soundcloud page so I can share some sounds. Here is the link

http://soundcloud.com/ancestor

The track entitled Modular 4-23-2012 features a lot of Zerosum Inertia. The Agonizer provides the distortion to a kick drum sound and the sequence uses one VCO a Haxor and two Destructor Beams with no additional filtering. There is more going on in the patch, which is roughly explained on the soundcloud page.
It is just a demo, not a "song", and was recorded live with all mixing done on the modular. There is also a bass patch in there which is played on a Little Phatty.
i will try to get some isolated demos of just Zerosum Inertia modules posted soon.
[/s]

zerosum

[s]http://soundcloud.com/ancestor/modular-4-23-2012[/s]

Cool stuff dude! Thanks for posting it! w00t

Ancestor

Hey, thanks for actually putting it up. I hadn't figured out how to share the actual clip on here so I just included the link.
Cheers

zerosum

A new ZI Agonizer still costs less than what a used Metasonix Agonizer pedal goes for on ebay

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Zerosum Inertia Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2