MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

System 700 filters
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths  
Author System 700 filters
actionmusic2
coming here from a nod on the eurorack forum, and a search reveals there's lot's of roland influenced stuff from amsynths, hooray...

so looking for something system 700 like in terms of the multimode characteristics. anything in the range as yet that's close, or if not, something that's planned?
emuarc
I have replicated the Roland 703 SVF but so far it has not performed well enough to be released into production. However I will resolve the problems and have this filter into production later in 2012.
RobJB06
Is the Roland SVF similiar to the JP6, really like the JP6 filter.
emuarc
The JP6 VCF is essentially 2x 703 SVF's one after the other, with voltage controlled resonance and some refinements to improve the self oscillation. The 703 uses 2x CA3080 OTA chips, whilst the JP6 uses the IR3109 4xOTA chip. I have built a 703 and was not that impressed with the sound, the JP6 design sounds better. Hence the AM8060 module and no plans for the AM8703.
RobJB06
Thats interesting. Ive heard people rave about the filters on the System 700, perhaps its just the low pass that people like.
I guess your JP8 filter probably resembles that Roland era low pass?

emuarc wrote:
The JP6 VCF is essentially 2x 703 SVF's one after the other, with voltage controlled resonance and some refinements to improve the self oscillation. The 703 uses 2x CA3080 OTA chips, whilst the JP6 uses the IR3109 4xOTA chip. I have built a 703 and was not that impressed with the sound, the JP6 design sounds better. Hence the AM8060 module and no plans for the AM8703.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> AMSynths  
Page 1 of 1