MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Module Modules are coming
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Zerosum Inertia Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Module Modules are coming
zerosum
Prototypes are built(three different ones), enthusiasm is high, just have to sell a few things to move things along further wink
Thanks to Eardrill for helping me find the information to better understand the inner workings of the ModuleModule world grin

Here is an image of the bandpass filter prototype that uses a 6136 premium pentode.
rico loverde
so sick...
weinglas
I said it once, i say it again: Brian: You ROCK!
weinglas
BTW: this is beautiful and i will definitely buy one or two!

An awesome addition to the Buchla world! Tubes + 200e = Perfect Match!
Cat-A-Tonic
Don't have or have plans for a Buchla, but cool, and what is it?
Kent
Nice! Is this similar to the KV-100 BP filter?

Any idea of price and will there be a presence at NAMM (cheeky)?
abendrot
WTF! eek! Nice. So many cool modulemodules are coming out. Amazing.

Only question would be can you still fold the cabinet with that tube sticking out?
nrdvrgr
Whooooa. Want!
indexofmetals
nice! I've got 3 modulemodule boats but may now need a 4th
Audio Resistance
Was not expecting this.. thumbs up
zerosum
Quote:
Nice! Is this similar to the KV-100 BP filter?

Thanks. It is a different design than what is in the KV.
I'll explain it more when the time is right.

Quote:

Any idea of price and will there be a presence at NAMM (cheeky)?

No NAMM for me hihi I'm shooting for a target price of $350

Quote:
Only question would be can you still fold the cabinet with that tube sticking out?

I haven't placed it in a folding cabinet yet, but will post results when I do.
Another option is I can use a 5654/6AK5 tube in its place which sticks out less and is a shorter bottle, but that will change the sound and response a bit.
It is real easy to take the tube out anytime you want to travel, so that is a solution as well.

Thanks for all the comments 8_)
Badr0b0t
Yes please. Let me know when! w00t
freeyerheel
cool to see metasonix in all formats now, i even saw a metasonix module for use in the software daw environment, maybe someday all the great builders will make modules for all the different power sources and formats!!!or better yet someone will come along with a universal power supply that will be able to send and recieve all modules the proper voltage or is this crazy talk?
Fidgit
i just hope that the front panel design will be in line with all the other 200e stuff. i like the "unified", cleaned up design of all the 200e & verbos & cbm modules. seriously, i just don't get it

besides that: thumbs up
abendrot
I wouldn't mind the different font as long as it's also blue and the panel

looks the same. Can't wait for this.

Please keep us up to date with pictures and other information. thumbs up
zerosum
I can appreciate some of the "color conformity" of the buchla.
For instance, I like the colored banana jacks where Black banana equals CV input, Blue banana equals CV output
White knobs aren't part of the preset system, blue knobs are. etc...

So using blue knobs doesn't seem appropriate.
The blue writing and font that Buchla uses is used by Buchla,
I'm not saying that they are the originators of that font and that blue color,

But I am saying that it feels foreign and odd to me to be expected use the exact font and colors Buchla uses just because Buchla uses it.
Why does it have to look exactly like a Buchla? Is there not room for individuality?
I like to look at a module and be able to tell it apart manufacturer to manufacturer.
And if I was Buchla(which I'm not), it would strike me as a bit odd if I saw someone making a module for my format that looked exactly like mine, when it wasn't mine.

I have ordered a panel for another module module prototype, but I left off the color in the engraving, so it will just be etched metal with no infill.

I work with Front Panel Express for my panels, and if a buyer is interested in a different font and a different color, they can pick out a font and color in Front Panel Express software and I can use that for their specific order.

When they are out of prototype stage and ready for sale, I will make a post.
Right now I just wanted to share that I am working on them and see how many people may have an interest.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.
abendrot
I am highly interested! So if you have some kind of list please put me on it. thumbs up
zerosum
abendrot wrote:
I am highly interested! So if you have some kind of list please put me on it. thumbs up

w00t thumbs up nanners
mecanikill
Man I hope you do them in 5u!
abendrot
I just photoshoped the panel and added the jacks and the tube smile

I know this is not the final design but I needed something for my

imaginary module module case.

zerosum
Panel for ZIMM01 prototype came today. applause
This one was done without any infill color in the engraving and I really like it. It looks cold and ancient hihi
Black banana jack = CV input.
I don't feel it needs a label since the black banana already symbolizes that it is a CV input.
CV on ZIMM02 controls filter cutoff.
CV on ZIMM01 controls distortion amount.
As simples as the modules are, that can't be too difficult to remember can it? seriously, i just don't get it hihi w00t

weinglas
Beautiful applause
dkcg
Will the boats close? Looks a little tall and might touch whatever module closes in on it.
Kent
dkcg wrote:
Will the boats close? Looks a little tall and might touch whatever module closes in on it.

Gotta get 'em to 33mm or less.

Brian is there any way to have greater distance between the audio i/o and the black CV jack?

Personally, I don't think you need to label the black 'nanner.

Earlier, you'd mentioned doing blank and/or custom plates. If I were to buy one or both of these modules, I'd be up for blank panels. Is this still in the cards?
zerosum
The 6136 tube sticks out 35mm.
A 6AK5/5654 tube can be used in it's place which will stick out 26 mm.

6136 is higher quality tube and it's sound and performance is different from a 6AK5/5654.
If one wants to use a 6AK5 instead of a 6136, that can be done.

If one wants to travel and fold up their boat, they could take out the tube and then put it back in when they unfold their boat.
Or just use a 6AK5/5654 when traveling in a folding case, and use a 6136 in the studio.

Quote:

Brian is there any way to have greater distance between the audio i/o and the black CV jack?

Space is tight and there are components in the way. It's possible, but does introduce more work.
Audio cables and a banana will fit in it's current design.

Quote:
Earlier, you'd mentioned doing blank and/or custom plates. If I were to buy one or both of these modules, I'd be up for blank panels. Is this still in the cards?

I can do custom panels with user selected fonts and colors(as long as they are available in FPE software), and I could do a blank panel too, but a blank panel is going to cost more than what Eardrill sells blanks for, so it won't be anything cheaper or better than what is already offered.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Zerosum Inertia Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3