MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FIL1 Convulsion Generator - NEW MODULE
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Future Sound Systems Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author FIL1 Convulsion Generator - NEW MODULE
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
This sounds like it would also be useful for quasi-Karplus-Strong effects. Very clever module!
zap32
hello,

I received the FIL1, but I have a little problem:

At the beginning I plugged the red band on the red - and when I turned on my modular, some modules are not lit.

So I gather there was a plug upside down and everything is well lit but when I plugged a cable on the output out of FIL1, 4-5 modules were extinguished
hmmm..... !

I hope not to have anything grilled d'oh! .
futuresoundsystems
PM'd back, this is very strange behaviour. All FSS equipment is fully tested before shipping - perhaps something happened during transit?
coyotedad23
I am starting using this module as a great way to modulate the hither and yon of my Piston Honda. And still I have the main putput to play with into a patch.
Overall, a nice littel module of which I am glad to have. thumbs up
zap32
I actually had a short in my system

the FIL1 now works very well .

Thanks for your work and your responsiveness thumbs up
futuresoundsystems
zap32 wrote:
I actually had a short in my system

the FIL1 now works very well .

Thanks for your work and your responsiveness thumbs up

Great to hear w00t
Exuviae
Just got mine in the mail yesterday - I dig it!
HeWhoWantsJeans
Exuviae wrote:
Just got mine in the mail yesterday - I dig it!

I was pretty curious about this thing - I gotta check yours out, sir.
Mercutio
This module is really great. Lot of fun with the AFG and optomix a few hours ago.

Good result direct in a vca and into the FM input of my AFG (exp).

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud. com%2Ftracks%2F71935129"></iframe

But why don t you add an decay, a sine generator and a vca dedicated to make it autonom ?

The three output are really useful.

Unfortunatly, the module is fragile... I have "movement"on the 4 jack pot.
futuresoundsystems
Mercutio wrote:
This module is really great. Lot of fun with the AFG and optomix a few hours ago.
Good result direct in a vca and into the FM input of my AFG (exp).
But why don t you add an decay, a sine generator and a vca dedicated to make it autonom ?
The three output are really useful.
Unfortunatly, the module is fragile... I have "movement"on the 4 jack pot.

Great to hear you're having fun with it! There aren't any extra features because this would drive the price of the module up when most people have good enough oscillators, EGs and VCAs in their system and my design philosophy is that modules should be as open ended as possible, i.e. you can use the FIL1 as a bass drum source as well as a CV mangler.

Sounds like the module has endured some grief during transit - I suggest that you re-tighten the nuts of the jacks on the front panel. They should then be solid. 8_)
thorncore
My first two hours with the FIL1 has produced some really inspiring results.
I got it for primarily sculpting some kicks and percussion , but it really is a versatile module and does a really good job of twisting basslines and shaping clanging FX

nice one, and thanks for the fastest delivery ever:)
thorncore
squelchy/scratchy Hertz Donut jam( w00t ), FIL1 modulating an LM4250 filter
[s]http://soundcloud.com/blackmass-plastics/fil1-convulsion-generator- test[/s]
futuresoundsystems
Well that's nothing short of awesome! applause
thorncore
cheers:)
pretty much made up my mind to order another one,the interplay between two would make for some really cool patterns and patches.
I find the two knobs very solid tactile and tweakable,
with a little prep I locate the sweet spots before recording and twist stuff up at the end of bars/break downs etc....
yep I need another:)
dan_k
Been eyeing this module for a while. Looks really awesome!

Are you using new panels? Looking at your site it looks like they are no longer engraved.
futuresoundsystems
Panels are still engraved, but correct the style has changed slightly - they now have a slightly glossy finish with the engraving also being glossy. This is due to a change in panel manufacturer. I'm also sourcing acrylic panels which will be available, at a slightly cheaper price, soon thumbs up
dan_k
Cool thanks for the update.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Future Sound Systems Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2